Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

What are the chances once VF-0S is out it will be sold out?

Since it's Roy's valk, there's a chance that it may get sold out than the VF-0A on some online shops. But don't fret, this is a Arcadia release, not Bandai's, which means you can still get one after the release date. ;) But do take note that some people cancelled their VF-0A preorder when Arcadia announced the VF-0S. That's why some online shops still has the VF-0A. So I advise that you preorder the VF-0S now, and start saving. ^_^

Since it's Roy's valk, there's a chance that it may get sold out than the VF-0A on some online shops. But don't fret, this is a Arcadia release, not Bandai's, which means you can still get one after the release date. ;) But do take note that some people cancelled their VF-0A preorder when Arcadia announced the VF-0S. That's why some online shops still has the VF-0A. So I advise that you preorder the VF-0S now, and start saving. ^_^

Thanks. I pre ordered on HLJ. Any other sites with better pricing. Macross collecting is so damn expensive!

Are Arcadia Quality below par compared to Bandai?

Thanks. I pre ordered on HLJ. Any other sites with better pricing. Macross collecting is so damn expensive!

Congrats! Actually, after shipping costs, HLJ is a little bit expensive than the other shops like $10-15 more. Which is not bad, IMO, but they do have the best customer service. So let's just think that we're just paying the premium so that at the end of transaction, we can get the VIP privileges. ;)

Are Arcadia Quality below par compared to Bandai?

Below par?! :blink: No no no. :lol:

My personal opinion on this one is that Arcadia looks more like a collectible than Bandai's. Even though Arcadia lacks on the tampo print section and somehow get lost on choosing the right color. Whereas Bandai is more toy looking for me that you can transform everyday but it's dead spot on when it comes with tampos and details. Arcadia is more on simple when it comes with transformation whereas Bandai is more on the over complicated transformation. Arcadia is matte finish and Bandai is more glossy finish though they're starting to do more satin finish with their recent releases. I do have valks produced by both company and I love them all. ;)

Below par?! :blink: No no no. :lol:

My personal opinion on this one is that Arcadia looks more like a collectible than Bandai's. Even though Arcadia lacks on the tampo print section and somehow get lost on choosing the right color. Whereas Bandai is more toy looking for me that you can transform everyday but it's dead spot on when it comes with tampos and details. Arcadia is more on simple when it comes with transformation whereas Bandai is more on the over complicated transformation. Arcadia is matte finish and Bandai is more glossy finish though they're starting to do more satin finish with their recent releases. I do have valks produced by both company and I love them all. ;)

Thanks again. Wouldnt it make sense to make them more accurate to the anime like Bandai then? Or is this some legal issue?

Thanks again. Wouldnt it make sense to make them more accurate to the anime like Bandai then? Or is this some legal issue?

You're welcome. By the way, there's NO llegal issues except for that VF-4G Flashback 2012 version. As for the accuracy, let's just say that Bandai Valks is more recent meaning it's already been designed via CAD or any 3D related software which is not existed back in the 80's / early 90's. So what Yamato/Arcadia did is design based off from the official sketches and work from there transformation-wise. Do note that VF-1's thigh swing bar is not existing on the anime nor designs so they have to make it somehow workable to be a perfect transforming Valks in toy form which is faithful also on their respective linearts. That's why Bandai is more anime accurate since it uses today's 3D design/technology on producing toys. Hope that helps. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Guest davidwhangchoi

I wish they'd at least tampo the "U.N.SPACY" on the lower leg... :(

i cant lie, being a huge vf-1s collector myself, it'll be sad to see it without that tampod on the legs...

how hard can it be to add un spacy? arcadia's already tampo ing the black stripes... :wacko:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Totally talking out of my exhaust port, but ever since Mr. K talked about cost in that open letter and how a lot of it has to do with the factory I've been wondering if they are the ones restricting the amount of tampo. It really doesn't make sense that at this price point we can't get a relatively simple text decal tampo'ed on a relatively straight surface. I don't believe Arcadia is leaving it off for any other concern other than the factory isn't willing to put it on. "We'll do this much tampo, no more". Again, just talking out-loud, and I am not saying this is a die hard belief of mine. Just a musing. I mean, we are getting tampographed gunpods, so what gives?

New pic of the VF-0S (and box art) courtesy of Arcadia's Twitter.

attachicon.gifARCADIA_Co_Ltd_2015-Oct-20 1.jpg

attachicon.gifARCADIA_Co_Ltd_2015-Oct-20.jpg

Looks pretty white to me. For some reason I saw the pictures on HLJ looked more like a bluiesh white to me. HOPEFULLY they will put the UN space agency or atleast provide a sticker to put on. Still contemplating if I should pick up the VF-0S or VF-1J ARMORED VALKYRIE ICHIJOU HIKARU TYPE

Edited by monishb

there has to be more to it.. like its been mentioned there are other marking being tampo'd on so why skip the unspacy markings? doesn't make a lot of sense..

unless the factory is being super picky about it or its simply coming down to cost. Then you look at the Bandai valks, the VF-19 in particular and its covered in the stuff!

New pic of the VF-0S (and box art) courtesy of Arcadia's Twitter.

attachicon.gifARCADIA_Co_Ltd_2015-Oct-20 1.jpg

attachicon.gifARCADIA_Co_Ltd_2015-Oct-20.jpg

Thanks for sharing this abbadon. ;)

Yeah, some tampo markings are missing. :unsure: But what the heck, I'm done expecting too much from all the companies that's making Macross toys. It's either I'll have it or not to have it. :lol: At the end of the day, one thing I'm sure is that this one is more superior than the Yamato version. And that's good enough for me. :wub:

I guess at the end of the day a few missing tampo markings aren't going to be a deal breaker.. yeah the stickers might suck but at least we get that option. Shame they aren't water slide decals.

Yeah, some tampo markings are missing. :unsure: But what the heck, I'm done expecting too much from all the companies that's making Macross toys. It's either I'll have it or not to have it. :lol: At the end of the day, one thing I'm sure is that this one is more superior than the Yamato version. And that's good enough for me. :wub:

I guess at the end of the day a few missing tampo markings aren't going to be a deal breaker.. yeah the stickers might suck but at least we get that option. Shame they aren't water slide decals.

I feel the same way too. With the amount they're asking you would think they can at least include water slide decals + the stickers they're already giving us. (a simply stance wouldn't hurt either).

But I guess that would go against the whole cutting cost thing.

An unpainted/no decals version could be in the work. It'll come dis-assembled with no box. (cause we need to save the tree and all that.) :lol:

Amount of tampo is one thing... but wrong tampo is something else entirely, and they still have not fixed the colors on the ventral fins.

Agreed, I'd rather a blank Gun Pod and tampo the legs. No UN Spacy on the legs is a bad choice on Arcadia's part. At $290.00 before shipping on HLJ, that's a lot of $$$ for having to use sticker sheet.... but that's just me.

Edited by 505thAirborne

We are going to cover it up with the reactive armor anyways :p

THIS is oh so true. B))

And it's going to be covered with Fast Packs too if nobody prefers the Reactive Armor. ;) But people for sure will react that the Fast Packs doesn't have the U.N.Spacy logo too. Atleast it will be diverted from the Valk itself. Hahaha! :lol:

I feel the same way too. With the amount they're asking you would think they can at least include water slide decals + the stickers they're already giving us. (a simply stance wouldn't hurt either).

But I guess that would go against the whole cutting cost thing.

An unpainted/no decals version could be in the work. It'll come dis-assembled with no box. (cause we need to save the tree and all that.) :lol:

I wonder if Arcadia has plans to release any assembly kit versions at some stage? Im sure there would be quite a few guys who do customs that would jump on that boat!

We are going to cover it up with the reactive armor anyways :p

hehe! this is true! but not all of them will be wearing RA parts..

Agreed, I'd rather a blank Gun Pod and tampo the legs. No UN Spacy on the legs is a bad choice on Arcadia's part. At $209.00 before shipping on HLJ, that's a lot of $$$ for having to use sticker sheet.... but that's just me.

How did you get a VF-0 for $209 before shipping at HLJ? or do you mean $309?

Agreed, I'd rather a blank Gun Pod and tampo the legs. No UN Spacy on the legs is a bad choice on Arcadia's part. At $209.00 before shipping on HLJ, that's a lot of $$$ for having to use sticker sheet.... but that's just me.

yep! also agreed..

I agree with you guys. ;) And all we can do now is just complain and somehow and hoping that it will reach Mr.K or Arcadia for that matter which we know it's not gonna happen so this is the reason why I just stop on expecting. :unsure: All I do now is just shake my head and pay Arcadia for my VF-0S. :lol:

Probably he meant $290. HLJ shows it's $290 something.

I agree with you guys. ;) And all we can do now is just complain and somehow and hoping that it will reach Mr.K or Arcadia for that matter which we know it's not gonna happen so this is the reason why I just stop on expecting. :unsure: All I do now is just shake my head and pay Arcadia for my VF-0S. :lol:

Probably he meant $290. HLJ shows it's $290 something.

My Bad, meant $290.00 hell, I wish it was $209.00 then I wouldn't mind as much! :p

Question guys. Did anyone tried to ask Mr.K via Twitter if they will adjust the slots on the VF-0S to fit better for the tanks and missile pods from the Yamato Ghost Booster Set? Hope they will. Thanks. ;)

Well, I don't have any inside info for that, but I seriously doubt they would do that.

Adjusting anything would means that will cost more than a simple head swap/color change from the VF-0A to the VF-0S.

Arcadia needed to keep cost down to keep their prices down for the consumers company going. They don't even have enough money to pay their Chinese workers to apply decals on their valk. Come on now.

Arcadia needed to keep cost down to keep their prices down for the consumers company going. They don't even have enough money to pay their Chinese workers to apply decals on their valk. Come on now.

They have the money. They're just not paying the workers to put on the decals that folks want. :p I think they're gonna do a ghost set down the line even though the originals were shelf warmers. Maybe with tweaked styling/proportions and shallower panel lines and different color shading. Wait, I just described the VF-0 series.

They have the money. They're just not paying the workers to put on the decals that folks want. :p I think they're gonna do a ghost set down the line even though the originals were shelf warmers. Maybe with tweaked styling/proportions and shallower panel lines and different color shading. Wait, I just described the VF-0 series.

Tampos aren't decals, and they're not put on by workers. They're effectively factory-machined paint-stamps that are mechanically applied and each have to be tooled seperately, and it is something that adds up. If it was just a matter of hand applying a decal, it would probably be a lot cheaper. Bandai can afford to add them because they laregly operate their own factory facilities and operate in bulk, Arcadia has to outsource labor and apparently has to pick and choose. It's unfortunate, but it's a reality of the commercial production environment.