Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

So, which company is the best option for the VF-0S? I am struggling to push the buy button for HLJ with their 34,800 yen price. :wacko:

Which Company or Which Store?

If Store you're asking about, then I'm choosing HLJ for Customer Service. Esp I'm going to order the Evolution Toys' VF-2SS as well. Since it's a new company to take on the Macross valks, if ever there's a problem with it, I could just talk to them worry-free. ;)

But price-wise, I noticed that after with shipping costs, HLJ is just $15-20 ($30 max) expensive than the other ones. But yeah, I guess at HLJ, we pay premium prices. But like everyone says here HLJ is the only one who offers great customer service esp on buying expensive stuff.

Edited by no3ljm

Wish they'd list the reactive armor alongside the Zero-S.. :/ probably wont see that till march or april at the earliest..

I take it as a seperate listing just for the armour? Am ot sure how they will handle the release with the 0 CF's also due out...maybe before the CF's?

It would be nice to get it ordered now, but my wallet is saying take ur time....there is a nagging part which hopes it would not be priced at more than 10k yen...but knowing the popularity it might just be above....

I reckon the price for the armor will be between 15 & 20k.. :rolleyes:

Or higher based on Mr.K's blog. You know that one, right? Why it costs more. ;)

But, if they release it like Y10K or less, I'll get two. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

Or higher based on Mr.K's blog. You know that one, right? Why it costs more. ;)

But, if they release it like Y10K or less, I'll get two. :lol:

Above 20k would b on the excessive side just for a piece of armour... Unless it comes with an ghost booster set or something, I thk mr k will need to write another blog entry!

Above 20k would b on the excessive side just for a piece of armour... Unless it comes with an ghost booster set or something, I thk mr k will need to write another blog entry!

Yeah. I agree. But right now, it's probably safe to expect it in that price range. And that's just basing on their current pricing plan even if it's just an add-on parts. :wacko:

I don't think it should cost as much as a valk, but it is a lot of plastic.

*snip*

I do hope so. ;) But I'm still conditioning my mind and my wallet on the said 'expensive' price so that I won't get too disappointed or frustrated the moment they announce how much it's going to cost. I mean, I'm already decided to get one despite how much the cost it's going to be. But it's better for me to think that it's going to get released for about Y20K+. I will feel much better if they will release it for Y10K and less, so better if that happens, I just might buy 2 sets just to 'help out' the company. :lol:

That may or may not be a smart idea, actually. The armor and booster in the same box so you can choose what you want to put where. Then again anybody who doesn't want one or the other is going to be mad they have to pay so much for something they don't want.

I don't think it should cost as much as a valk, but it is a lot of plastic.

Here is a pic of a 1/72 kit.

Fbqc7aS.jpg

it is indeed a lot of plastic! in a way almost too much plastic.. but im gonna stick to my guns on this one and bet it'll be mid to high teens price for sure. Making it roughly 50% of a latter Valks msrp.

Edited by spanner76

I do hope so. ;) But I'm still conditioning my mind and my wallet on the said 'expensive' price so that I won't get too disappointed or frustrated the moment they announce how much it's going to cost. I mean, I'm already decided to get one despite how much the cost it's going to be. But it's better for me to think that it's going to get released for about Y20K+. I will feel much better if they will release it for Y10K and less, so better if that happens, I just might buy 2 sets just to 'help out' the company. :lol:

if its 1/3 of your budget will you get 3? :p Cmon arcadia give us a reason to help you ;)

I was telling myself that Arcadia bought too much of this 0D blue... Lol

yea i think the answer to why the 0d blue and to a certain extent 0a's blue is beginning to be quite clear now....

it is indeed a lot of plastic! in a way almost too much plastic.. but im gonna stick to my guns on this one and bet it'll be mid to high teens price for sure. Making it roughly 50% of a latter Valks msrp.

I hope the reactive armor plates are somehow removable and there are effect parts. That would really up the plastic count and justify a tag...otherwise perhaps some metal bits but i dont thk it would have....

Hmm i thk this discussion would best be continued in the reactive armor thread... :lol::lol:

*snip*

I hope the reactive armor plates are somehow removable and there are effect parts. That would really up the plastic count and justify a tag...otherwise perhaps some metal bits but i dont thk it would have....

Hmm i thk this discussion would best be continued in the reactive armor thread... :lol::lol:

Moving parts? I doubt it.. And effects parts definitely not! That's another of Arcadia's potential cash grabbing milk items.. :rolleyes: The only metals parts we'll see will be the pins for the missile bay doors!

And back to the correct thread we go! :D

Even after all the buzz of the VF-4G announcement, I'm still waiting for this one too! Thanks to GGemini for the Dengeki Hobby link to the Arcadia pics. Here's one of them:

DSC_11671.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Even after all the buzz of the VF-4G announcement, I'm still waiting for this one too! Thanks to GGemini for the Dengeki Hobby link to the Arcadia pics. Here's one of them:

DSC_11671.jpg

I look at the Zero S and I nod my head. Then I look at the price and I shake my head. God, I need to look away before I do anything stupid.

I look at the Zero S and I nod my head. Then I look at the price and I shake my head. God, I need to look away before I do anything stupid.

When I saw these I went and did something stupid! And im thinking of doing something even more stupider! yes I know that isn't even a word but you get my drift! ;):D

When I saw these I went and did something stupid! And im thinking of doing something even more stupider! yes I know that isn't even a word but you get my drift! ;):D

Honestly, if the reactive armor wasn't coming out I probably wouldn't bat at eye at this, because I already have the old Yamato VF-0S.

For 300 bucks though, I can probably get 2 Bandai DX valks that I wanted. This is really a tough decision here.

If only my family owns a bank or I didn't have bills to pay. oh well.

Honestly, if the reactive armor wasn't coming out I probably wouldn't bat at eye at this, because I already have the old Yamato VF-0S.

For 300 bucks though, I can probably get 2 Bandai DX valks that I wanted. This is really a tough decision here.

I never jumped on board the Yamato-Zero boat so the Arcadia releases are more than welcome for me! To be honest my feelings for these new Zero's wouldn't be any different if they had decided not to release the Reactive Armor.

Yeah the pricing of these things is a bit of a bummer I'll admit.. I have managed to trim quite a few expenses down in order to better finance my Macross collection but it is still hard. Paying bills is overrated! or at least till the debt collectors come a knockin! hehe!

But sadly living costs money too and it ain't cheap either..

Edited by spanner76

This is the other pic from the toysdaily site..

Inner leg stripes!! sticker or tampo?? :huh:

post-15116-0-65543200-1444215443_thumb.jpg

But it seems the head laser stripes are on in every new pic we see B)) ...hopefully that stays the way till release.

UNSpacey on fuel tanks is still hard to see though, but i have a feeling its not gonna be there.

Wow! That VF-0S is starting to look really good. But after being burned twice by Arcadia and that insane price - I just gotta pass, in fact I'm probably passing on all the Arcadia stuff if they keep pricing themselves at this level and giving us the same bare crap.

I don't mind paying these prices, but this is what I expect in the +$3-400 range!

http://www.hlj.com/product/SET88021

Hmmm... you pre-ordered 2 more? ;)

Follow Spanner's advice: We have some extra orgarns that needed selling. :lol:

What a beauty!

+1 :wub:

Wow! That VF-0S is starting to look really good. But after being burned twice by Arcadia and that insane price - I just gotta pass, in fact I'm probably passing on all the Arcadia stuff if they keep pricing themselves at this level and giving us the same bare crap.

I don't mind paying these prices, but this is what I expect in the +$3-400 range!

http://www.hlj.com/product/SET88021

+1 I totally agree to Mr Cheng here. ;) If only Arcadia will lower its prices. :unsure:

DSC_11671.jpg

This is the other pic from the toysdaily site..

Inner leg stripes!! sticker or tampo?? :huh:

attachicon.gifDSC_11651_zpsmcyttjhl.jpg

But it seems the head laser stripes are on in every new pic we see B)) ...hopefully that stays the way till release.

UNSpacey on fuel tanks is still hard to see though, but i have a feeling its not gonna be there.

Thanks for the photos guys. You made my day. ;) Now even if I don't want to, I'm now starting to regret buying the Yamato VF-0S bundle. The only thing that's stopping me for regretting -- QF-2200D-B Ghost Booster. Hahaha! :lol: