Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Anyone have any idea if the 0A might show up up again on NY? It seemed like the 1J preorder was available forever and the 0A is already not available. :angry: I keep waiting but I guess I could give CDJ my money.

Edited by Gwynne

Anyone have any idea if the 0A might show up up again on NY? It seemed like the 1J preorder was available forever and the 0A is already not available. :angry: I keep waiting but I guess I could give CDJ my money.

Usually or most of the time, NY opens up again upon the toy release. Or some of the time, they will post it up after a day or two of PO items (e.g. Bandai's DX Valks) with a marked up price. Though AmiAmi and HLJ are still open if you're interested. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Usually or most of the time, NY opens up again upon the toy release. Or some of the time, they will post it up after a day or two of PO items (e.g. Bandai's DX Valks) with a marked up price. Though AmiAmi and HLJ are still open if you're interested. ;)

Thanks, just grabbed one from HLJ. It was not available the other day.

Oh. Was it? Usually, Arcadia release or POs last longer than Bandai PO releases. 'Not sure why though.' :rolleyes:

Yeah. I have been real busy this last month and never got around to it because I figured I still had plenty of time, so I was getting concerned that I missed my chance. And NY just opened preorders back up a couple of hours ago...

Yeah. I have been real busy this last month and never got around to it because I figured I still had plenty of time, so I was getting concerned that I missed my chance. And NY just opened preorders back up a couple of hours ago...

Good to know. Hope you PO'ed one now. ;)

I'm glad to see Arcadia begin to put a contrast color on the underside of the pieces, the black goes a long way on the pics I have seen of the zero, I wish they would start to do it on the VF-1.

True. But they missed out on doing that to the just released VF-1J/GBP so I don't think they will do that if ever there's going to be another VF-1's reissues/re-releases. Even if it's not black but a darker shade of the main color will do for me. (e.g. White Valks = Grey / Blue Valks = Dark Blue / Brown Valks = Darker Brown, and so on and so forth.) ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the VF-0A development blog. Mr. K discusses about the conformal tank for the ghost, tailfin design, addressing the arrestor hook down with the gunpod, the triangular cover and how it might affect transformation to battroid, coloring, why there is a peg hole by the intake, chest gap cover, fast packs and weapons. He also mentions that as of now it is undecided about the reactive armor but he wants to do it. http://arcadia.ac/vf0a/diary/02/page_02.php. Also looks like preorder is closed at the Arcadia site.

I'm glad to see Arcadia begin to put a contrast color on the underside of the pieces, the black goes a long way on the pics I have seen of the zero, I wish they would start to do it on the VF-1

Actually, I really wish they wouldn't do this.. it may be nice looking for a while, but doing things in those colors means at least a portion of the belly is going to be painted, and the motion of parts in that region is pretty much going to ensure that the paint doesn't last.

The VF-0D has the belly plate molded in dark gray, and that means the underside of the wing glove had to be painted white... the part that the shoulder rubs directly against for transforming.

I'm all for making things better colors, but only if it can be done with individual parts of the correct color. Painted sections on transforming toys tend to not last.

Just read the VF-0A development blog. Mr. K discusses about the conformal tank for the ghost, tailfin design, addressing the arrestor hook down with the gunpod, the triangular cover and how it might affect transformation to battroid, coloring, why there is a peg hole by the intake, chest gap cover, fast packs and weapons. He also mentions that as of now it is undecided about the reactive armor but he wants to do it. http://arcadia.ac/vf0a/diary/02/page_02.php. Also looks like preorder is closed at the Arcadia site.

Does this mean there will be a new separate option parts, added parts to cover those hole, or it will be integrated/attached in the chest area of the VF-0A? Hope they will include something for the VF-0D.

post-5552-0-94349700-1434930567_thumb.jpg

Integrated in the shoulder hinge like in the pics. He mentions if they ever do a v1.1 for the 0D it will be incorporated. The translation says something about 9 new/modified parts added to the VF-0A.

Edited by wmkjr

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to read back the old post but couldnt find it. Does the 0A & 0S have a price yet?

did you miss the whole pre-order thing for the VF-0A 2 close to months ago?

Fast shipping rate

HLJ: 31,320 JPY + 2980 = 34300
Ami: 29,700 JPY + 4000 = 33700
NY: 28,920 JPY + 4700 = 33620

lucky you can still pre-order it.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-011500&page=top

http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA82120/Sci

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/12041-macross-zero-1-60-kanzen-henkei-vf-0a-phoenix-kudou-shin-model.html

Those are pics of the prototype painted. Not the final colors shown yet that I could find. You can see more of those pics here (scroll down) and here. You can also read (translate) part 2 of 2 so far, of the development blog here. Mr. K said he wants to make the armor but it's still in the air and those holes are for future development (But come on really? It should be a no brainer if not it'll be useless holes).

Edited by wmkjr

I really like the blue highlights. It would be a bummer if they aren't present on the final toy. Than again it doesn't seem to be line-art accurate right? The parts should be a darker gray don't they?