Lynn Minmay 1/6 Scale PVC Figure question

Poohsan

I’m guessing there are others out there like myself. We have Macross stuff but we don’t know what it is worth. I for one would love to make some room at home form new stuff. So lets discuss it. Once we figure it out then the items are worth they can be posted in the FS section ot that other site you know they do auctions.

Remember the old days of price list?

All the best!

I'll go first.

Yellow Submarine Macross SDF-1 Resin Kit 1/4000

This is the original kit from the original manufacture. I know this kit has been recast in Japan. But what is the original kit worth?

sdf1kit.jpg

REVELL ROBOTECH SPACE FORTRESS SDF-1 Plastic Model Kit 1/5000

Produced in 1985 by Revell. Plastic parts molded by ARII. I see one on eBay (09/09/2010)for $249.99usd, but I'm sure this kit is worth far less.

Based on web research (09/10/2010) this kit is worth $25.00 - $100.00 usd.

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

REDS,INC Painted Poristone Model 1/24 Fighter Valkyrie, VF-1S Macross

This is the rarest Macross resin kit I’ve ever come across. This is the largest kit ever produced of the Valkyrie. It is over 1.5-feet long! Limited to a run of 300 units for sale in Japan only. I have no idea what this kit is worth in any condition.

This particular model has been damaged. It was accidently dropped. So to repair the damage it was put into rubber molds and recast. The duplicate parts were used to replace the damaged parts. Regardless due to its rarity I’m sure someday it will get a proper rebuild and paint job.

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

Edited by Poohsan

Good idea for a thread. Why didn't we think of this before? Now when I see a thread like this pop up I'm gonna refer them to this one.

Should I change the title to Official - What’s it worth? - Thread

The 1/24 Reds Inc is worth about US$600-700 nowadays based on the one recently sold on Yahoo Japan for a little over Yen 52,000 after a frenzy bidding.

I have one if anyone is interested. It is just taking up too much storage space, especially when you are living in Hong Kong!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw some DYRL posters going for 1000~2000 yen not too long ago. Due to a combination of waning interest and increasing lack of knowledge as the consumer base shifts, a lot of this stuff is not worth as much as people may think.

I saw some DYRL posters going for 1000~2000 yen not too long ago. Due to a combination of waning interest and increasing lack of knowledge as the consumer base shifts, a lot of this stuff is not worth as much as people may think.

They could also be replicas. I've seen a few replicas of the original posters going for about that same price. Usually, if one digs deep enough, the differences are there, and the originals often go for more than that. Also depends on the popularity of the poster.

They could also be replicas. I've seen a few replicas of the original posters going for about that same price. Usually, if one digs deep enough, the differences are there, and the originals often go for more than that. Also depends on the popularity of the poster.

That's true, technically it could have been a replica (although I'm fairly certain it wasn't), but my point remains: it seems that old-school posters (and other branded items like stationery, etc.) as a whole are widely unrecognized/unwanted these days. That was not the only cheap poster I have found recently. In fact, the other day I met up with Save and he showed me a bunch of old posters that a seller was practically giving away. Gall Force, Dream Hunter Remu, Cosmo Police Justy, the lot. The guy didn't even know what they were.

That's true, technically it could have been a replica (although I'm fairly certain it wasn't), but my point remains: it seems that old-school posters (and other branded items like stationery, etc.) as a whole are widely unrecognized/unwanted these days. That was not the only cheap poster I have found recently. In fact, the other day I met up with Save and he showed me a bunch of old posters that a seller was practically giving away. Gall Force, Dream Hunter Remu, Cosmo Police Justy, the lot. The guy didn't even know what they were.

That sucks to know that some of those great titles are being forgotten. Speaking of posters, I just sold one of my DYRL posers for $50. It was about the same that I paid for it 7 years ago, but I bought a bulk of posters, and I happened to get a duplicate.

OK, got a question for you guys. I'm probably gong to sell my VF-0 valks. I have all of them, and looking to sell them. The 0S is the first release, and is in mint condition. I took it out only once and transformed it, then back in the box. I also have the 0A with ghost, and the standalone. All are complete and in perfect condition. If any of you guys know the value of them or the price range, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

• 8 months later...

Wow, not a very popular thread, or mabe just not many people browse this section....last posting 23NOV11? I have a question, wondering if anyone will even look at it. I have an Animeigo Macross DVD Box Set (1-9). I would say it's pretty mint. I watched them all. The box itself is still mostly in the original plastic wrap as I carefully cut the opening with an x-acto knife to allow the DVD jackets to be removed. None of the DVDs have any scratches or blemeshes, just wondering what one would pay for it. Saw a used set on Amazon for $275.

OK, got a question for you guys. I'm probably gong to sell my VF-0 valks. I have all of them, and looking to sell them. The 0S is the first release, and is in mint condition. I took it out only once and transformed it, then back in the box. I also have the 0A with ghost, and the standalone. All are complete and in perfect condition. If any of you guys know the value of them or the price range, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I bought a VF-0A for $110 about a month ago and I'll be buying an 0S for $120 here pretty soon.

Edited by Benson13

ebay seems to be the best indicator of market price these days......This set has sold recently as low as $71 to as high as $160

http://www.ebay.com/...0&LH_Complete=1

Thanks! That kind of blows though, haha, I remember paying about $400 CAD for it back in the day.

Edited by peter

Hey everyone, well I never thought that day would come but I just don't even care about my toy collection anymore and I'm thinking of selling the items I could actually get money for.

Could someone please help me figure out what these things are worth nowadays?

Starting at the top everything is new in box unless otherwise noted

Gundam F91 1/60

Original Bandai VF-17

Origianal 1/60 Yamato Hikaru VF-1A

Bandai 1990 VF-1S. Box is worn pretty good and stickers were not so expertly applied by an 18 year old self

Reissue Milla Bandai 1/55 VF-1J

Reissue Hikaru Bandai 1/55 VF-1j

Diecast Battleship Yamato 1/1300 I believe it's a Mimuko

Bandai HCM RMS-106

Bandai HCM RX-178

Black Soul of Chogokin Mazinger Z

Bandai Char'z Hizak Soul of Chogokin

Takara Soltic H8 1:72 reissue

Bandai SOC Great Mazinger Z

You can't see it but I have one of the limited Edition I think it's a VF-19 gold, it's been years since I've looked at it thou so I'm not 100% sure.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Jon

Hey everyone, well I never thought that day would come but I just don't even care about my toy collection anymore and I'm thinking of selling the items I could actually get money for.

Could someone please help me figure out what these things are worth nowadays?

Starting at the top everything is new in box unless otherwise noted

Gundam F91 1/60

Original Bandai VF-17

Origianal 1/60 Yamato Hikaru VF-1A

Bandai 1990 VF-1S. Box is worn pretty good and stickers were not so expertly applied by an 18 year old self

Reissue Milla Bandai 1/55 VF-1J

Reissue Hikaru Bandai 1/55 VF-1j

Diecast Battleship Yamato 1/1300 I believe it's a Mimuko

Bandai HCM RMS-106

Bandai HCM RX-178

Black Soul of Chogokin Mazinger Z

Bandai Char'z Hizak Soul of Chogokin

Takara Soltic H8 1:72 reissue

Bandai SOC Great Mazinger Z

You can't see it but I have one of the limited Edition I think it's a VF-19 gold, it's been years since I've looked at it thou so I'm not 100% sure.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Jon

Original Bandai VF-17 $35-65

Origianal 1/60 Yamato Hikaru VF-1A if its a V.1 then about $65 or V.2 $110

Bandai 1990 VF-1S. Box is worn pretty good and stickers were not so expertly applied by an 18 year old self $85-125

Reissue Milla Bandai 1/55 VF-1J $85-125

Reissue Hikaru Bandai 1/55 VF-1j $85-125

These are just the prices as I've seen them ranging from low end private sales to high end evilbay. A lot will also vary based upon condition and shipping. This is just my opinion from what I've seen and it's not set in stone.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a good question...There's a lot to take in on the 1/48 line. On one hand, you have a rarer piece, so that brings the value up, but the 1/48 line is pretty much dead. Don't know how much you paid for it, but I sold the Roy weathered some time ago, for $270, without strike parts. I'd guess maybe $300, but don't quote me on that, as I've never been into this line. Is there anything similar selling on ebay, or here currently, or even in the past?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this site, but it was reccomended to me by a gentleman who was running the modeling room at this year's Nan Desu Kan Anime convention.

Last year, my wife won a Macross Valkyrie VF-1A Max-Type limited edition figure (#1 of 1000). Since she's not interested in Macross at all, and while I'm a fan of the show, I'm not a collector, we'd like to sell it. Depending on response here, I may post it directly to the for sale and trade forum, or go to eBay.

The box is sealed, and while it does have a bit of minor wear on the box, it's in fine condition (in my opinion).

B)) Eric the Grey

post-15546-0-91837500-1348173734_thumb.jpg

post-15546-0-97911300-1348173847_thumb.jpg

post-15546-0-76724100-1348173880_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eric the Grey