Lynn Minmay 1/6 Scale PVC Figure question

Poohsan

Was digging through some boxes and found this 1:72 Hasegawa "Virgin Road" VF-1D kit. Couldn't find one on Ebay to compare it too. Any one know how rare it is or how much its worth? I had forgot I had this and don't remember how much i bought it for or when i bought it.

post-13247-0-21263300-1351397217_thumb.png

Edited by Mark Warlock

Was digging through some boxes and found this 1:72 Hasegawa "Virgin Road" VF-1D kit. Couldn't find one on Ebay to compare it too. Any one know how rare it is or how much its worth? I had forgot I had this and don't remember how much i bought it for or when i bought it.

I really hate it when you go into your closet of magical mysteries, you always come out with something awesome.

Brand new, it sold for ¥1890.

Right now, there are 5 available on Yahoo Japan auctions.

Hope those help!

Edited by Jefuemon

I really hate it when you go into your closet of magical mysteries, you always come out with something awesome.

Lol.. I am amazed some times at what i find most of the time. I've bought so much stuff over the years that i forget i have it. Makes me wonder just how much i've spent over the years.

Brand new, it sold for ¥1890.

Right now, there are 5 available on Yahoo Japan auctions.

Hope those help!

Thank you for your input sir, i sincerely appreciate the intel.

Any idea on the current market value?

I also found 2 1:72 Macross Glaug kits as well... any ideas on the value of those kits as well.?

post-13247-0-26984800-1351534598_thumb.png

Edited by Mark Warlock

Thank you for your input sir, i sincerely appreciate the intel.

Any idea on the current market value?

I also found 2 1:72 Macross Glaug kits as well... any ideas on the value of those kits as well.?

The VF-1D's seem to be going for around the original, new price.

The 1/72 Glaugs I've seen going for around ¥8,000 to ¥10,000 on Yahoo Japan (I myself bought one a few years ago for around ¥7,500). I have seen one guy trying to sell his for ¥25,000. Gee, for some reason there have been no takers.

The VF-1D's seem to be going for around the original, new price.

The 1/72 Glaugs I've seen going for around ¥8,000 to ¥10,000 on Yahoo Japan (I myself bought one a few years ago for around ¥7,500). I have seen one guy trying to sell his for ¥25,000. Gee, for some reason there have been no takers.

Thank you again sir for your help.

Yeah there is a guy on Ebay that has one of the 1:72 Glaug kits listed fr $300 (USD). There is no way in hell I'd pay that much for it.

Thank you again sir for yout time and intel.

• 1 month later...

Could anyone tell me the value of Tsukda Hobby's 1/6 scale vinyl figure kit of Lynn Minmay and Misa Hayase?

One guy is trying to sell his on Yahoo Japan auction for between 8,000 and 10,000 yen, but no takers

I saw another Minmay listed at 3,000 yen, again, no takers.

Edited by Jefuemon

Found a stash of original box-arts trimmed out and mounted to Letramax professional acid free art board.

They were also all in comic book bags, many are in stunning condition ready to frame.

Its the only way to appreciate the extreme detail in some of the paintings.

All have the Big West or other co. foil stickers.

A few do have some spots or flaws but most are in excellent condition.

The mounting is pretty incredible, making a heavy solid piece out of each.

If someone wanted this art they would have to buy all the kits and hope the boxes weren't crunched up.

Would think the set of 6 art 1/100 ones would be around $40 u think?

Destroids about the same? Not sure - I need opinions.

The 1/100 GBP covers are awesome. The artists for these were incredible.

Thoughts?

post-8486-0-28604500-1354913870_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-39589000-1354913894_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-85247900-1354913925_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-03183400-1354913968_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-40859500-1354914060_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-05567200-1354914084_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-53240700-1354914123_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-36393100-1354914163_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-73005800-1354914319_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-52577700-1354914341_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-79114100-1354914361_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Found a stash of original box-arts trimmed out and mounted to Letramax professional acid free art board.

They were also all in comic book bags, many are in stunning condition ready to frame.

Its the only way to appreciate the extreme detail in some of the paintings.

All have the Big West or other co. foil stickers.

A few do have some spots or flaws but most are in excellent condition.

The mounting is pretty incredible, making a heavy solid piece out of each.

If someone wanted this art they would have to buy all the kits and hope the boxes weren't crunched up.

Would think the set of 6 art 1/100 ones would be around $40 u think?

Destroids about the same? Not sure - I need opinions.

The 1/100 GBP covers are awesome. The artists for these were incredible.

Thoughts?

post-8486-0-28604500-1354913870_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-39589000-1354913894_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-85247900-1354913925_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-03183400-1354913968_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-40859500-1354914060_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-05567200-1354914084_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-53240700-1354914123_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-36393100-1354914163_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-73005800-1354914319_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-52577700-1354914341_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-79114100-1354914361_thumb.jpg

DarrinG....yes, the old IMAI/ARII box art is arguably the best representations of the various Macross mecha....

As for value, who knows....I think this is a good example of "one man's junk..is another man's treasure"...or is that the other way around? :rolleyes: ...all if not most of the Takani, Mikimoto, etc art used in those kit boxes has been publish in various art books.

Maybe put them on ebay and set up a "best offer" type auction.....good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I feel I got a good grasp on toys but nothing on models. I got a 1/72 Nora SV-51 Hasegawa for Xmas and I'd much rather have the 1/60 toy. Anybody know what they are worth?

The Nora kits are still pretty common, and new they retail for around $32.00 USD (¥2800)

This is why I tell people just to give me money as a gift. My mom spent about $90 USD on this kit.

• 3 weeks later...

How much would you guys pay for a film strip from DYRL?

That obviously depends on what you can see on it. I have a shot of Britai and Exedore from behind watching a monitor: it's probably worthless. If you have Minmay singing DYRL, expect to be a rich man.

That said, if you have the cels, they would be worth much more, since obviously multiple film strips exist, but cels are all unique, with only one of each in existence on the planet (discounting reproductions/bootlegs).

Edited by Renato

Is it from the Gold book?

Supposedly so. I don't really know for certain though. I showed interest on a Gold Book on eBay, but the book didn't have a film strip. The seller is asking me how much I would pay for the film strip and poster. I've never purchased a film strip before so I would have no idea.

That obviously depends on what you can see on it. I have a shot of Britai and Exedore from behind watching a monitor: it's probably worthless. If you have Minmay singing DYRL, expect to be a rich man.

That said, if you have the cels, they would be worth much more, since obviously multiple film strips exist, but cels are all unique, with only one of each in existence on the planet (discounting reproductions/bootlegs).

Hmm, thank you for the information. As far as the strip is concerned, it's of Milia tearing to shreds two Zentraedi battle suits...so I'm told.

Edited by Oihan

it's of Milia tearing to shreds two Zentraedi battle suits...so I'm told.

Yeah, don't pay anything or even offer a price without images. That scene is fairly long but darkly lit action scene, and depending on which shots the frames are of, you might get cool close ups or nothing visible at all, or perhaps just an abstract explosion.

Oh, and I just remembered, the limited edition Blu Ray release of DYRL last year included reproduction film strips anyway, so there are a lot more floating around these days...

Yeah, don't pay anything or even offer a price without images. That scene is fairly long but darkly lit action scene, and depending on which shots the frames are of, you might get cool close ups or nothing visible at all, or perhaps just an abstract explosion. Oh, and I just remembered, the limited edition Blu Ray release of DYRL last year included reproduction film strips anyway, so there are a lot more floating around these days...

I'll definitely be sure to ask for pictures before anything else. I'm still not sure what's a reasonable asking/offering price...

From the original release....20-100 usd depending on how "iconic" the scene is...

If it is an original film strip from the first gold book release...it should be inside a slip cover and the strip itself should have a small tassle tied to it....its basically to be used as a book mark...

Thanks a bunch!!! :)

• 1 month later...

How much would one be willing to spend on a Bandai Joke Machine, VF-1S Super? From a courtesy glance, looks like it's in pretty good shape, and in the original box.

Anyone know what the Robotech card game decks from hero factory are going for new? I found a couple of the pre constructed decks still wrapped.

Talk to Mark Warlock about those he's a big RT fan and knows his stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

What's a Yamato Low Vis 1/60 V2 VF-1S worth? The dark gray one with yellow trim.

Displayed, but complete with box?

About 200 USD...but that was before Yamato went belly up....now...it's anyone's guess.....the low-viz is one of those valks that was probably never going to be re-released anyways....at this point it's kind of a grail item for those looking to complete a 1/60 V2 collection.....if you are looking to sell, PM me with what you were looking to get for it....

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a completed one on Yahoo Japan Auctions.

On a side note, that really is a goofy looking VF-4. Heard about them, but never seen one actually built.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, as a huge Gundam fan, i have a large amount of the Bandai DVDs in probably better shape than some unwrapped/unopened copies and was hoping some of the folks here could help determine the values of them. Amazon and Ebay have some outrageous prices considering the shows are out of print but the ranges vary so if I list some stuff can ya'll help determine some values? Please and Thank you.

Anime Legends Complete Collection - S-Cry-Ed

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 0079 Collection 1 & 2

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 08th MS Team

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Zeta Gundam Collection 1 & 2

Anime Movie Classics - Char's Counterattack

Anime Movie Classics - Gundam F91

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam Wing Collection 1 & 2

Anime Movie Classics - Gundam Wing:Endless Waltz

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam Seed Collection 1 & 2

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam Seed:Destiny Collection 1 & 2

Gundam Seed:Destiny Final Plus

Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer Blu Ray

I also have several individual DVDs from the above mentioned series in great condition left over from before their respective collections were released. Like I said, all discs are no scratches original packages and TBH probably better than a lot of new copies that have sat in storage. If pictures help I can add those too.