"Definitely Worth Watching and Definitely Worth Buying on Blu-ray"

"C"

"2.9 and 2.4 out of 5 Schmoes

"8/10 (Badass Seal of Approval)"

"B"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 27% - "Suicide Squad boasts a talented cast and a little more humor than previous DCEU efforts, but they aren't enough to save the disappointing end result from a muddled plot, thinly written characters, and choppy directing."

Metacritic Score: 41 out of 100

Edited by areaseven

My last movie was conjuring 2. But eh if you're going to take RT seriously then all the indie movies should be raking up the cash. Little prince? Little men??? I got a alot to catch up on but not missing this one on Friday.

Edited by Negotiator

Jeremy Jahns loved it. Man do you guys make up your minds so quickly. If you weren't interested in the first place, that would be one thing, but to just assume it's bad without seeing it seems a bit unfair.

Chris

Does this take place before BvS?

After.

I have a feeling this will track better with fans and Mr. Sunday's review seemed positive also...how could you not want to see Margot dressed like that?

Edited by Negotiator

Jeremy Jahns loved it. Man do you guys make up your minds so quickly. If you weren't interested in the first place, that would be one thing, but to just assume it's bad without seeing it seems a bit unfair.

Every time I see one of these kinds of converstaions, I'm reminded of this scene.

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Don't care - negative smegative.

I'll go see it, just like any other movie I want to see and make up my own mind. Sometimes I can't believe people still care about reviews, a bunch of mumbo jumbo spouted by someone who fancies themselves a critic or expert gives their .02 about a movie. Good thing I hold the opinion that their .02 isn't worth more than mine.

And I want to see Margot Robbie dressed as a drowned rat goth girl with skank tattoos. Why? Because I know enough to vary my taste in women. :wub: / :p

-b.

I'll wait to see what people I know think of it, but based on the reviews it seems pretty meh. I wasn't that interested in it to begin with. Also, I never cared for the fact that the existence of this movie gutted the last season of Arrow, which would have had a much larger Task Force X/Suicide Squad storyline complete with Harley Quin. If WB is going to treat the DCU and WBTV as separate universes then let them be separate universes. What this tells me is that they were afraid that the Arrow SS storyline would be better then the movie, again.

I've seen so many previews for this movie. I say forget the reviews, I'm going this weekend!

For myself and to support wm cheng! :lol:

Thanks! My toy shelf thanks you as well :p

Just got back from seeing it. My wife and I both liked it. Solid B...B+ for me. My wife really liked it. Not the greatest movie ever or anything but really enjoyable. The theatre was packed and the audience seemed to like it a lot too. :)

Chris

Once again, the critics got it wrong with this film. Despite a messy third act and a very weak villain, Suicide Squad delivers with non-stop action and dark humor. Great performances by Will Smith and Viola Davis, but the showstealer is Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. As for Jared Leto's portrayal of the Joker, it's nowhere near the level of Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger, but he captures the feel of the modern age comic and game incarnations of the character. In addition, his chemistry with Harley Quinn brings out a more human side to him.

The practical effects and set design are excellent, with the battle-torn city showing nods to Escape from New York. The soundtrack is what happens when someone breaks into Quentin Tarantino's home and raids his vinyl collection. You have an excellent playlist of songs from the '60s to the 2000s depicting each character.

As for ranking, here's how I see all of the DC movies:

Top DC Movies

1. Batman Begins (2005)

2. The Dark Knight (2008)

3. Superman (1978)

4. Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut (1980/2006)

5. The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

6. A History of Violence (2005)

7. Batman (1989)

8. Superman II (1980)

9. Batman Returns (1992)

10. Watchmen (2009)

11. V for Vendetta (2006)

12. Batman: The Movie (1966)

13. Suicide Squad (2016)

14. Batman Forever (1995)

15. Man of Steel (2013)

16. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

17. Superman Returns (2006)

18. Superman III (1983)

19. Green Lantern (2009)

20. Supergirl (1984)

21. Catwoman (2004)

22. Jonah Hex (2010)

23. Batman & Robin (1997)

24. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987)

25. Steel (1997)

Simple review.

Not as bad as they say, but still riddled with problems.

Needed more work at the scriptwriting stage (like most movies these days it looks like they started filming on a second or third draft, *sigh*) and it looks like editing is becoming a lost art.

And despite what a lot of people say, I enjoyed the movie more when it became more serious towards the end.