And again...

who's who here?

CEHeJU3WAAA5H0S.jpg

Savant, Cap. Boomerang, enchantress, Katana, Rick Flagg, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Killer Croc and El Diablo.

ok DC... Ok

Edited by Old_Nash

Pictured from left to right are: Adam Beach (Cowboys & Aliens) as Slipknot, Jai Courtney (Terminator: Genisys) as Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevingne (Paper Towns) as Enchantress, Karen Fukuhara as Katana, Joel Kinnaman (RoboCop) as Rick Flagg, Margot Robbie (The Wolf Of Wall Street) as Harley Quinn, Will Smith (Men In Black) as Deadshot, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Thor: The Dark World) as Killer Croc, and Jay Hernandez (Hostel) as El Diablo.

There's something fundamentally very silly about color coordinating your rifle and magazines to your outfit.

I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this Harley Quinn.

it just doesn't read Harley Quinn. It's just a slurmy punk chick.

disclaimer: not a comic reader.

I'm not surprised at all. The easiest route to take is to just give her the usual Harley Quinn trappings with a more "practical" feel to it. Lazy, but not surprising.

Question is, what does she actually contribute to the group? She's basically the Joker's woman/toy/pet/hang-around, with no special training or abilities whatsoever. And without the Joker in that earlier pic, she just looks lost.

I'm not surprised at all. The easiest route to take is to just give her the usual Harley Quinn trappings with a more "practical" feel to it. Lazy, but not surprising.

Question is, what does she actually contribute to the group? She's basically the Joker's woman/toy/pet/hang-around, with no special training or abilities whatsoever. And without the Joker in that earlier pic, she just looks lost.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J8LXD56/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1431067946&sr=8-1Ï€=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=assault+on+arkham+blu+ray&dpPl=1&dpID=61aQTHflSYL&ref=plSrch

Actually she has a ton of abilities and skills she's picked up since being the jokers sidekick. BUT since you said it yourself that you're not a comic book reader you'd of never known that she's popular enough to of even gotten her own comic series and she's very good at murder

• 1 month later...

There is a trailer leak out there on Facebook which you'll have to search for. Jarod Leto was channeling just a little Heath Ledger in his Joker.

"I'm not going to kill you. I'm just going to hurt you. Really, really bad."

I know hating this and BvS is what is in style here....but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. I like that DC is trying its own thing instead of following marvels style.

Chris

Stylistically, this Suicide Squad trailer is going for something a little different and less conventional. And I agree that at least there appears to be some effort made to stop following in Marvel's shadow and at least attempt to get out in front. But I'm not quite feeling the film from this trailer. Much of the style seems to be undercut by a lot of mostly conventional dialog and action sequences done in the same old "summer action film template" manner that we ALWAYS see from these kinds of films. Ever since Mad Max: Fury Road set the bar, I'm really getting bored with the way action cinematography won't break from the norm. Maybe it's just timing and I need to give this film more of a chance. Maybe I'll warm to it in time.

Edited by Mr March

Leto can definitely act the Joker, I have no doubts. But the overall design and look of this movie is trash. I don't care if it even has a good story. Stupid designs, stupid outfits, terrible over tattooing of all the characters.

DC just couldn't movie if Marvel did it for them. Why in the bloody hell would you walk away from the foundation that Nolan left for the premise

of continuity after a hugely successful trilogy? It's not that hard, you just had Gotham torn apart, all these same characters were out on the streets... just pick up and continue, Levitt is the new Batman... but nope, just another Joel Schumacher-esque sequel.

I'm willing to bet this will make 70-80 million opening weekend, and then drop off hard. It's a comic plot that most average people won't give a crap about. It's also extremely to early to be making an anti-hero film, when you haven't even set up you're universe yet.

Nolan's Batman only works in the self contained universe that he created. He went for a hyper realistic depiction of Batman that could never coexist in a world with aliens, amazons, and advanced tech. Bales batman seemed to dull to ever be considered an equal threat to superman. So they reset the universe as they should. Besides, this film will likely tie into the Batman V Superman.