DX Chogokin VF-27ß Lucifer Mass Production and Grace Custom

IXTL

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ordered. By August things should have calmed down for me to afford it. :p

hopefully you get kaki back as well as this vf-27 :)

I still have not created an order for this, and I am usually a day 1 pre-order guy. I have a dilemma.. I am trying to figure out if I really want 3 of these. I was thinking a squad of 3 for this release, they could look really bad ass on display. I will keep mulling over it I guess.

I still have not created an order for this, and I am usually a day 1 pre-order guy. I have a dilemma.. I am trying to figure out if I really want 3 of these. I was thinking a squad of 3 for this release, they could look really bad ass on display. I will keep mulling over it I guess.

Man, I wish I could get 3 of these! Only pre-ordered 1.... but guess I should consider myself lucky that I can even afford that (considering these are toys) ^_^

You gotta get 3 now, Loop!!!... Just so I can live vicariously through you :lol:

Lol, I really only want one of each squad if I can get them. It all started with the 1/60 V2's, I noticed as I was building up my collection that the best shelves in my cases were always the ones of squads in formation. So at this point in time, if a release comes out and it makes sense, I form a squad. If I really like something, then I might purchase 2 if it's a one off type release that does not belong to a squad.

I am not a rich man by any means, but Macross is my main hobby and I don't spend a lot of money on many other hobbies so I tend to save money for Macross toys.

Guest davidwhangchoi

and I don't spend a lot of money on many other hobbies so I tend to save money for Macross toys.

hard to believe seeing you have almost whole metal build lineup :p

But your case fails to show that I did not buy all of this stuff at the same time. I see a rich individual being able to buy these all at once, but not me. It took quite a long time for me to build up my collection.

Anyways time to get out of my wallet fellas :p

I just hope this release is safe and they don't change anything, like the plastic they use or change the tolerances for the worse. I always wanted the CF VF-27, even more than the Brera version but I could not back when it was released as I was scared to own any of the old V1 stuff. Not saying that the V1.5 is that much better, but I do prefer the looks over all better than the V1.5. And how could you not buy a release that has both heads, it's so funny how much everyone has mentioned doing this in the past. I always believed it would never happen based on the toy makers financial greed. Bandai of all companies proved me wrong.

But your case fails to show that I did not buy all of this stuff at the same time. I see a rich individual being able to buy these all at once, but not me. It took quite a long time for me to build up my collection.

Anyways time to get out of my wallet fellas :p

I just hope this release is safe and they don't change anything, like the plastic they use or change the tolerances for the worse. I always wanted the CF VF-27, even more than the Brera version but I could not back when it was released as I was scared to own any of the old V1 stuff. Not saying that the V1.5 is that much better, but I do prefer the looks over all better than the V1.5. And how could you not buy a release that has both heads, it's so funny how much everyone has mentioned doing this in the past. I always believed it would never happen based on the toy makers financial greed. Bandai of all companies proved me wrong.

I wonder if they'll then rerelease all of Frontier's Valks in the 30's matte finish, along with a few tweaks here and there.

Would texturing be a sand blast and smoothing be a good buff?

depends on the texture...some deeper textures (not sure if this applies to these toys) are actually done by adding laser etched plates to the mold. the mold would have to be designed to acoomodate such a plate though.

One limitation of the Macross toy line and even the franchise is that there is too much emphasis on the personalised VFs which is reflected in toys as well. There are hardly any CF or anonymous versions where you could imagine any character to be piloting it.

The best thing was the unpainted Yamato 1.60 VF-1 v2 kit which could even be painted in purple to reflect the player's unit in PS2 SDF Macross.

Custom squad building could only be done with the brown VF-1, 25 and green 27. There is also the elusive brown VF-1J

Obviously the VF-25F, G and RVF-25 and S are personalised and almost one of a kind variants as they were still in operational testing stage. Then again, as Macross works are historical fiction within a fictional universe, Alto and co may not even have existed. I just make my VF-25F piloted by Gilliam instead of Alto.

So buying 2 to 3 identical colour standard colour VFs would be a great idea for display. After all, mass produced units aren't mass produced unless you could display more than 1 of them.

I had the idea that Bandai could also include two versions of tail fins but after I checked my Super VF-27 I noticed that the fins are pinned in so it is hard to change. I guess they will just include stickers. It would be cool if they include dry transfer decals instead.

Ordered! As someone who only very recently watched and got into Frontier and collecting the Frontier Valks, I'm loving them so far! I like the 27's...they just look...wicked somehow. I can only imagine a dark grey or black one!

When I was watching the series, I also thought that the big bad would eventually show up with a black-gray schemed VF-27!

And yeah, PO'd as well. Double head for the price of one? That's a good deal any way you look at it!

Ordered! As someone who only very recently watched and got into Frontier and collecting the Frontier Valks, I'm loving them so far! I like the 27's...they just look...wicked somehow. I can only imagine a dark grey or black one!

I remember someone doing a great black ivanov custom one here. He had a custom VF-0C painted green too. I wanna say it's valhary but not too sure. Edited by wmkjr