DX Chogokin VF-27ß Lucifer Mass Production and Grace Custom

IXTL

The two green VF-27s do have their own placeholder cards and have copyright pending and exhibition item stated on it so they are potential releases. It is unlikely whether they will do another revision on top of that applied onto the VF-27 Lucifer ver 1.5.

Sadly, the Armored Alto Messiah with sniper rifle has two separate placeholder cards referring to the two released items(fighter and armor). Though, it would be fun if the had decided on branding it as a final battle version as a potential release

We will probably still get a few reissues and the green VF-27s within these two years but then I think they will focus on Hi-Metal R to pave way for Macross Delta.

Edited by calubin_175

What is the other variant that people mention? The one from [presumably] the videogame with the VF30?

I'm up for the videogame YF29 so I would not mind going for a unique VF27 as well if the colours look ok [and assuming it will be released, heh!]

A bit late, but this is the game VF-27, white with black and purple:

VF-27Reelon5_zpsbabbnsvj.jpg

VF-27Reelon4_zpsna9zane3.jpg

Im actually surprised they did the Percival before these, I thought for sure they'd be next. I mean they actually had screen time in the show!

Maybe the original 27 didnt sell great?

Good question. Perhaps they just wanted to get the new toy out first seeing as how there was already a previous Grace 27? In either case, I'm looking forward to this release!

• 2 weeks later...

did grace's b have supers in the anime?

Grace's didn't even appear in the movies, and the CF's were only in the background for about 2 secs in 2 scenes. So no. But if the mold has the "holes", and the packs exist--then they should sell them. What else are they going to use them for? I mean, it'd be like putting GBP armor on Roy's VF-1---sure, it never happened on-screen, but you can if you want to--and they should sell the parts to allow it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

that means bandai's very cunning. either they're going make people buy up all the purple vf-27 lucifers w/ supers that didn't sell out or sell the packs separately and milk our money either way. and i just sold my vf-27 :ph34r::lol:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So getting this! Awesome news about the interchangeable heads, but that does kinda suck they aren't including the super pack this time. The purple/lavender supers from Brera's 27 should look fine on it tho, right?... It'll just look like a valk the Joker would fly :D

I thought for sure that Brera had super-packed green wingmen in the last movie.

I had this mental image in head as well but I think my mind is playing tricks with me and they were really the ghosts.

Awesome that interchangeable heads are included. I think fighter mode will look a lot better with the cf head. Bummer about the super parts though. The super parts were the best thing about the renewal vf-27.

Though even with the swappable heads I'm still going to need to buy two of these so I can display both versions at the same time. I'm a sucker that way.

So getting this! Awesome news about the interchangeable heads, but that does kinda suck they aren't including the super pack this time. The purple/lavender supers from Brera's 27 should look fine on it tho, right?... It'll just look like a valk the Joker would fly :D

That brings up a good point. What color would the super parts be if they had included them?

If they were, you need a greater resolution than 1080p to tell they had packs. I never saw green VF-27's in the movies any bigger than like 2 inches across, in the background.

As for swappaple heads---IMHO, that just means they're going to not print any numbers on the legs or tailfins again, and give us more ugly stickers. :(

I want Antares *102* dang it! (that's Grace's)

This was the color I always wanted on this thing AND the CF head...but this damn mediocre mold though...

I might get one anyway even though I shouldn't support this one <_<

Edited by xrentonx

What are the vf-27 designations again? I'm completely drawing a blank. There's vf-27b and what else?

VF-27β and VF-27γ

Technically(retconned), Grace's is a special "commander's version" of the β, which makes it look like a γ, since they both have the "finned" head. It's like putting a -1S head on -1J---it'd be basically impossible to tell it's not actually an S. But Grace's is technically a β, and not a γ.

Guest davidwhangchoi

If they were, you need a greater resolution than 1080p to tell they had packs. I never saw green VF-27's in the movies any bigger than like 2 inches across, in the background.

i just checked the movie guys,

no super packs on the green wingmen or brera for that scene.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

BANDAI MACROSS LIVES!

Though, much like the VF-171EX Maruyama, I think the green VF-27 as a web exclusive may flop since it is an inferior mould compared to the 25 and 29.

I am surprised that the naming of the product is unchanged from the version 1.

DX超合金 VF-27β ルシファーバルキリー (グレイス・オコナー/一般機)

I would think they would have changed it to distinguish it from the older version. But since it is a web exclusive, it won't matter too much.

Not sure if I should pre-order two as the standard version head doesn't offer much unique features compared to the commander head. It may not even be worth pre-ordering as 18k seems a bit over priced. I think most ppl would pay 14-15k-ish considering it is an inferior mould.

It's a Tamashii Web Shop exclusive, derex, so it should be widely available thru the usual sources like Hobby Link Japan and Nippon-Yasan. No pre-order madness for this one!

Oh, and bought, in case you couldn't tell. It's "my" Valkyrie, after all. ;)