Franks & Sons weekly report.

• 2 weeks later...

dang, I haven't gone in a while. I got botcon this weekend and then next weekend I'll be able to go. I'll check the prices and availability then.

• 3 weeks later...

well I only saw the 1/60 v.2's at tisinc and they were about 120 for the non fast packs and with fast packs about 140

• 4 weeks later...
anyone know if they have the 1/60 VF-1A Max TV Version at F&S?

For sure Tisinc has it. They had it up at the anime expo for 120, so I'm assuming they'll have it at their FnS booth.

For sure Tisinc has it. They had it up at the anime expo for 120, so I'm assuming they'll have it at their FnS booth.

yeah that's who i got mine from but via Amazon.com had a gift cert credit which helped lots. :)

• 3 months later...

I'll be in LA for work for 3 days filming a travel show.. would love to get over to Frank & Sons but doubt I'll have time.. so close yet so far!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you guys were here this past weekend, then you were able to see Yoshi one last time before he closes his store! Yup, Yoshi is done with the toy business and is retiring. He sold off a bunch of stuff already. He will still have stuff on his online store, but not much. Only thing he had left that was macross was the CF SV-51 for 125. Not bad, but not something I'm looking for. Goodbye Yoshi! Good doing business with ya! =)

• 1 month later...
NO!!!!!! That means only tisinc99 will be selling the macross goods at franks now? No!!!!!!

I found Macross goods at Vince's booth, and Jose's booth (AnimeRaro). They both carry Macross goodies from time to time.

Last time I went was on Sunday Dec 20th, they had some Valk kits and 1/250 fighter collection figures.

AnimeRaro also have some Yamato valks and two Chogokin DX Alto Custom with Movie-Colored Super Packs.

Frank and Sons is open this Wednesday too. Here is a map of their booth for those who are interested.

post-9743-1261584681_thumb.png

TI = Treasure Island

AR = AnimeRaro (Jose)

VIN = Vince

If the Chogokin DX are still in stock, tell Jose that Ben referred you and he will give you a 10% discount.

Edited by nanoplasm

So what problems have people had with Treasure Island?

I have ordered a few things from them off of ebay.

One time they did mess up and send me the wrong valk, but other than that they have been ok.

I think I saw them on the black list also, so what caused this?

Edited by Loop

One time they did mess up and send me the wrong valk, but other than that they have been ok.

They suck. I have had too many problems with them myself and swore to never buy from them again. I have noticed either people get decent service of none what so ever from them. I was one of the "none what so ever from them".

TI doesn't seem to have any interest in the products they sell, so they can be cold and unfriendly with their attitude towards prospective buyers.

It's more of a business transaction to them than an opportunity to build long term relation with their customers.

The other booth vendors at F&S's will be more than happy to have a conversation with their customers about their products, anime, and anything product-related.

Edited by nanoplasm

• 3 weeks later...
how much and at what booth? I'm guessing TISINC...

Actually I got them from Anime Raro, 230 for the Quarter, and 200 for the vf-25f super, two other places had the Quarter as well, the white lady with the asian husband (at the far front left) had it for 250, and i cant recall the other place, it was definitely not TISNC.

Anime Raro is bring in the Chogokin DX Tornado Pack and VF-27gamma, each is also going about $200 (depending on the freaking exchange rate).

I am not sure if they are taking pre-orders for those.

Vince's Japanese contact has been pretty attentive to Macross goods for the past few month, he will probably have them as well at a good price. Problem is Vince gets 1 or 2 units tops, and he "forgets" to hold Macross stuff even if I offered to pay more than his asking price. <_<

I go there on Saturday afternoon and I am usually left with staring at the empty spot where the Chogokin DX was at earlier in the week.

Edited by nanoplasm

• 3 weeks later...

Vince had some transforming Revo Valks this weekend. Not sure how much he sold them for, but they were all gone by the time I got there!

Apparently people didn't get the notice/care how ugly they are...

Mean while, the Fire Valk is still looking for a home... at $90 or so.

Edited by nanoplasm

A few months ago I posted a for-sale list here and got no response, so I've taken the stuff and put them up for consignment at booth #805 at Frank & Sons. Please go take a look if you're into anime robot kits and toys (mostly Gundam, Evangelion, Macross, etc.) that came out around 10 years ago or older before I sell them off cheap to a vendor who's interested in my collection. I'm still bringing new stuff I find in storage over there at least once a week, so make sure to check the booth out whenever you go.

The booth is to the back corner if you enter from the door that's next to the ATM, and belongs to Dennis who used to run Kawaii Anime (he sells mostly Asian cinema DVD/Blu-Ray now).

Feel free to send me a PM if you are interested in the Star Wars and Spawn stuff I have in my collection as well, there isn't enough room at his booth so we're only limiting the consignment stuff to imported anime stuff.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

A few months ago I posted a for-sale list here and got no response, so I've taken the stuff and put them up for consignment at booth #805 at Frank & Sons. Please go take a look if you're into anime robot kits and toys (mostly Gundam, Evangelion, Macross, etc.) that came out around 10 years ago or older before I sell them off cheap to a vendor who's interested in my collection. I'm still bringing new stuff I find in storage over there at least once a week, so make sure to check the booth out whenever you go.

The booth is to the back corner if you enter from the door that's next to the ATM, and belongs to Dennis who used to run Kawaii Anime (he sells mostly Asian cinema DVD/Blu-Ray now).

Feel free to send me a PM if you are interested in the Star Wars and Spawn stuff I have in my collection as well, there isn't enough room at his booth so we're only limiting the consignment stuff to imported anime stuff.

you have that list again. I vaguely remember that list.

you have that list again. I vaguely remember that list.

I already sold a lot of the Gundam kits but here's a list of what's currently available there, all are model kits unless otherwise noted:

1/12 Biohazard Creatures - MA-39 Cerberus from Resident Evil

Denji Tiger w/ Dai-Denji model kit from Denjiman

LMHG Eva-04

Evangelion figures by Kaiyodo:

End of Eva Mass Production Model Standard Ver. w/ Eva-02 base

End of Eva Mass Production Model Ultumate Ver. w/ wings

Evangelion Real Model figures by Sega:

Eva-03 (black)

Eva-05 (white)

Eva-01 (purple) berseker

Sachiel 3rd Angel

Zeruel 14th Angel

1/144 The Five Star Stories - Mortar Headd The Knight of Gold Lachesis (Gold Plated) by Wave

Bandai old school transformable Gold Lightan model kit

1/20000 Quiltra-Queleual from ARII

Toynami super poseable figures:

VF-1S Roy Fokker

VF-1J Miriya

Sakura Wars 2 1/24 Sumire's Koubu Kai (purple) from Wave

Sakura Wars 2 1/24 Iris' Koubu Kai (gold plated deluxe edition) from Wave

Sun Vulcan 1/300 Vulcan Robo old school model kit

Todd McFarlane's Monsters Dracula Playset

Todd McFarlane's Monsters Frankenstein Playset

Virtual On VDM SD Viper-II model kit by Sega

Virtual On VDM SD Raiden model kit by Sega

Bandai US Gundam figure Deluxe MSN-03 Jagd Doga (red)

Bandai US Gundam figure Deluxe MSN-04 Sazabi

Bandai US Gundam figure Deluxe RX-93 Nu Gundam

Bandai US Gundam figure MS-05 Zaku

G Generation-F SD Cross Bone Gundam X1

G Generation-F SD Maganac

G Generation-F SD AMA-X2 Neue-Ziel

G Generation-F SD Qubeley Boxset (white, red and purple)

G Generation-F SD Quin-Mantha

G Generation-F SD Super Gundam

G Generation-F SD Tallgeese

G Generation-F SD ZZ Gundam

EX Model 1/100 & 1/144 Dopp Fighter (2 piece set)

HG The 08th MS Team 1/144 MS-06J Zaku II

HG The 08th MS Team 1/144 Gundam Ez8

HGUC 1/144 MSN-00100 Hyaku-Shiki (Gold Plated)

HGUC 1/144 AMX-004 Qubeley Extra Finish Version

Turn-A Gundam 1/144 Mobile Kapool

Real Type 1/100 MS-06 Zaku

HG Wing Endless Waltz 1/100 Wing Gundam Zero Custom

MG 1/100 RX-78-2 Gundam 20th Anniv Coating Version

MG 1/100 RX-78-2 Gundam 20th Anniv Coating Version

MG 1/100 MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam 20th Anniv Coating Version

MG 1/35 Patlabor Ingram 2 Patlamb Flash Unit (from 3rd Patlabor movie)

PG 1/60 RX-78-2 Gundam Custom Set #1 (w/ beam saber)

PG 1/60 MS-06 Zaku II Custom Set # 2 (w/ heat hawk)

Assuming the weather forecast is wrong about the rain again I'll be bringing more to F&S on Saturday. Right now I'm looking at a MG ZZ, 1/100 Nu Gundam, 1/100 F-90 with A/S/D parts, some more SDs from G Generation F, and a set of SD Ganso kits that features light-up parts.

• 2 weeks later...

New items added last night:

Banpresto UFO Catcher Gundam figures/SD Gundam figures/diecast SD Gundams

Evangelion - Sachiel 3rd Angel Limited Model from Bandai

Eva-01 "The Hard Core Mode" display figure box set

Gundam 0083 1/220 figures by Unifive/Yutaka:

MS-06F2 Zaku (2 versions)

RGM-79N GM Custom (black version)

RGM-79C GM Kai

Gundam GP01-Fb

MS-14F Gelgoog Marine

MS-14Fs Gelgoog Marine Cima custom

Gundam GP-03S

MS-09F/TROP Dom Tropen

1/24 model kit of Mercedes Benz 500SL w/ open top by Fujimi (packaged in MRC box)

Primal Rage:

Diablo figure

Chaos figure

Softmap exclusive Soul Calibur clock

Turn-A Gundam figure by Yutaka

Korean Gundam Mk-II toy (appears to be 1/100 scale)

BB Senshi model kits:

Musha Wing Zero

Musha Deathscythe

First Gundam Dai-Shogun (combines into bigger mecha with parts from the other Endless Waltz Mushas)

Musha Turn-A Gundam

Gundam GP-02A

SD G Generation 0 model kits:

G-Armor

Gundam F91

Gundam F90

V Gundam

V2 Gundam

Shining Gundam

Char's Z'Gok

Gundam Mk-IV

Gouf Custom

SD G Generation F model kits:

Wing Gundam 0

First Grade Char's Zaku II model kit

1/250 Gundam Diorama model sets A, B, and C

Mobile Suit Gundam model kits (old school, not newer HG/MG/PGs):

1/144 G-Armor

1/60 Gelgoog

1/60 Char's Gelgoog

1/60 MS-06R Black Tri-Stars High Mobility Zaku II from MSV

1/60 FA-78-1 Gundam Fullarmor Type from MSV

1/60 MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon from MSV

1/60 DX Wing Gundam toy/model kit hybrid (1997 HK reissue)

1/100 MG ZZ Gundam

SD Ganso model kits (Chinese reissue):

Gundam Heavarms

Shenlong Gundam

Psyco Gundam

SD Ganso Turn Flash model kits (includes electronic parts for light-up body parts):

Gundam

Char's Zaku II

Zeta Gundam

Turn-A Gundam

Wing Zero Custom

New items being added today, should be available at the booth by next Wed's show:

SD Gundam Full Color Stage: 7 capsule figures, set includes Nemo, Dijen, Hyaku Shiki, Bound Doc, Psycho Gundam and Gundam Mk-II AEUG

SD Gundam Full Color Stage: 8 capsule figures, set includes QUbeley, Methuss, Hambrabi, Gabthley, The-O and Zeta Gundam

The Gundam II Palm-top Series mini model kits: Turn-A Gundam, Zeta Gundam, 100 Shiki, Char's Gelgoog and Gelgoog

SD Gundam Eiyu-Den: Knight Gundam, Musha Gundam, Dragon Knight Zeta Gundam, and Warrior Musha Zeta Gundam

MG Gundam Mk-II Titans version

Chogokin Nano Turn-A Gundam

Chogokin Nano RX-78-2 Gundam

Banpresto UFO Catcher transformable Zeta Gundam

SD Ganso Full Armor ZZ Gundam HK exclusive special gold version

MB Series SD Gundam Part 3: Gundam, Zaku II, Char's Zaku II, Gouf and Dom

Yutaka SD Musha Gundams boxset (6 figures) Part 1

Yutaka SD Musha Gundams boxset (6 figures) Part 2

Banpresto MS Gokin III SD Char's Gelgoog w/ SD Elmeth

1/100 full action Heavy Metal Auge classic kit w/ metal parts & springs

HGUC Z'Gok

HGUC GM

SD G Generation F Crossbone Gundam X2, Gundam Double X, Gundam Airmaster, Gundam Epyon, Gundam Leopard

BB Senshi 198 Zeta Gundam (MG parody), 200 RX-78-2 Gundam

Action Go Kin Zaku II, Char's Zaku II, Gundam Mk-II Titans

Banpreso Gundam figures w/ stand: Gundam GP-01, Hyaku Shiki, Guncannon, Char's Zaku II, Zaku II and Wing 0 Custom, Shin Matsunaga's High Mobility Zaku II, Black Tri-Stars High Mobility Zaku II, Gouf, Gelgoog, Gundam, Guntank, Guncannon, Zaku II, Gouf, Zeong, Zock, Acguy and Char's Z'Gok

VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire - Water Baron LM kit

1/60 Wing Gundam Zero

• 2 weeks later...