DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

I was wondering about that.

I tried pulling out the lasers off mine, but there seems to be some kind of catch that prevents it from getting released easily, unlike the other yf-29 (alto? anniv?) from your channel or somebody else's.

I stop pulling 'em thinking it'll damage something.

I'm the one who asked about it on jenius' youtube channel. Thank you, jenius, for asking on my behalf.

I'm wondering if it'd be alright to just try dunking the entire head in hot water and seeing if it loosens up the joint a little bit. I'll certainly be trying that once I get my hands on mine again since it's boxed up and on a plane to a new home right now.

I'd really like to be able to drill in a couple pins into the lasers' pegs to reinforce it because right now the softness of the lasers doesn't seem like it'd be able to handle being swiveled too many times without twisting right off. Why they didn't just include hard plastic lasers I don't know.

Otherwise it's a really great toy that I don't regret buying.

Edited by tBanzai

I never cared about the replacement hard head lasers that bandai packages for a lot of their dx releases until i got this release. Every attempt to straighten those head laser has failed. They always revert back to the bending to the right position. Arrggghh.

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to opening my YF-29B and messing with it but I'm coming upon an issue with one of the leg missile pods. The cover to the top left one is just too loose and flops when open. Does anyone have a fix for this or know of any way for me to disassemble it so that I might pin point what the issue is? As far as I can tell it's the pull out mechanism that's too loose to stay open.

Thanks.

Finally got around to opening my YF-29B and messing with it but I'm coming upon an issue with one of the leg missile pods. The cover to the top left one is just too loose and flops when open. Does anyone have a fix for this or know of any way for me to disassemble it so that I might pin point what the issue is? As far as I can tell it's the pull out mechanism that's too loose to stay open.

Thanks.

I'm checking Jenius' anymoon site. I found this Alto YF-29 pic.

DX-YF-29-1.jpg

It's probably just loose plastic connectors. Hope it's accessible so you can put some nailpolish or something to tighten it up again.

I just got a YF-29B and I got to say I really like it. I have not owned any other Frontier valks (yes I know the B isn't from Frontier, but it is based on the Durandal, so close enough) but it seems like a solid piece (except for the head lasers, heh).

I really like how the 29 is basically a 25 with built in Tornado packs in a way, but I know there is still super parts for the Durandal (as seen in the movie) and I find myself wondering how much it really needs them. Not in the mechanical in universe sense (having more missiles and armor can always be justified) but in the sense of the toy being a complete unit. For the 29B at least, it seems like a pretty complete toy to me as is.

Maybe part of it is I don't much care for the extra wing pods the 29 super parts add as well.

• 4 months later...

So I'm debating whether to get this or not. I like the color of this YF-29 but I just don't know if it's worth getting if I already have the YF-29 Focker and Yf-29 Ozma figures.

Anyone have suggestions to help me with my dilemma? >.<

So I'm debating whether to get this or not. I like the color of this YF-29 but I just don't know if it's worth getting if I already have the YF-29 Focker and Yf-29 Ozma figures.

"It's only money"

Buy all of them. You know you want to.

BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Does anyone know what scale this is? I can't find any info. Just want to see if it will go well with a 1/60 scale.

Not officially 1/60 scale. But they're somehow in-line with each other. Check Jenius' anymoon site for some pix besides 1/60 VF-1S: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4937

Do note that even they're not officially in-scale with each other toyline. The VF-1S is really small based on their official anime dimensions.

It's 1/60

Not officially 1/60 scale. But they're somehow in-line with each other. Check Jenius' anymoon site for some pix besides 1/60 VF-1S: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4937

Do note that even they're not officially in-scale with each other toyline. The VF-1S is really small based on their official anime dimensions.

Awesome! Thanks! I like the scale.

kurisama's shapeways store has some solid replacement head lasers.

Yup. I've been endorsing that one too to members here. But IIRC, the head lasers on this one is somehow hard to remove. And if it got remove, I don't have time to paint it. So I just did the easy advice I read here before and it worked. ;)

Btw, once you received yours let us know if the head lasers are bended too.

Edited by no3Ljm

Yup. I've been endorsing that one too to members here. But IIRC, the head lasers on this one is somehow hard to remove. And if it got remove, I don't have time to paint it. So I just did the easy advice I read here before and it worked. ;)

What did you do to straighten them. No matter what I try they always pop back to being crooked.

What did you do to straighten them. No matter what I try they always pop back to being crooked.

Recon suggested to dip it in warm water and when it gets soft straighten it until it cools down. But I used hot water instead so it's fast for it to get soft. ;) I dip it like 30sec.

then you will see, it is not the spoon head lasers that bend, it is only yourself.

Ev5Ux.jpg

You know I can't add that one as part of my quote signature, right? Hahaha! :D

The YF-29B pissed me off because it had no supers released for it. Totally ruined by Super YF-29 display so I sold mine off lol

I never really liked the super parts for the 29. Seemed excessive and ruins the sleek look, besides the B never used them in game.

Incidentally, I'm quite happy with that 29B I bought off you so no worries lol.

I really like how the 29 is basically a 25 with built in Tornado packs in a way, but I know there is still super parts for the Durandal (as seen in the movie) and I find myself wondering how much it really needs them. Not in the mechanical in universe sense (having more missiles and armor can always be justified) but in the sense of the toy being a complete unit. For the 29B at least, it seems like a pretty complete toy to me as is.

Maybe part of it is I don't much care for the extra wing pods the 29 super parts add as well.

Same here. I actually like the YF-29 as is. It's the reason why I'm not using Isamu's Super Parts too. I like how massive it is added to the Valk. But I'm not a big fan of that harpoon-looking turrets. :rolleyes:

So for Perceval, I like it as is. ^_^

Recon suggested to dip it in warm water and when it gets soft straighten it until it cools down. But I used hot water instead so it's fast for it to get soft. ;) I dip it like 30sec.

[/size][/font]

I've tried that several times too but it always becomes crooked again after a day or so. Is yours still maintaining its straightness up until now?

Edited by ArchieNov

I've tried that several times too but it always becomes crooked again after a day or so. Is yours still maintaining its straightness up until now?

Hey Archie. You know what, I totally forgot to check on this guy days after. And when I checked it earlier, it was back to being crooked. :unsure:

Just got my yf-29b this morning. Head lasers are fairly straight. there is a slight bend in one but nothing bad. Wow, this thing is awesome. It feels so good, so solid, so much nicer than the Arcadia valkyries.

Pic incoming

30245331813_1d93110ed0_b.jpg

Edited by Cowboy17