DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

I'm curious how everyone feels about the YF-29's having to push out the waist joint for it to be in its robot mode? I find it really finicky and unstable.

I'm eyeing it side by side to my VF-19 Advance and I feel like it may have just spoiled every other veritech for me. Do any have the clean lines that it does in the VF-25, YF-29 line? Or is it just that gorgeous.

I'm curious how everyone feels about the YF-29's having to push out the waist joint for it to be in its robot mode? I find it really finicky and unstable.

I'm eyeing it side by side to my VF-19 Advance and I feel like it may have just spoiled every other veritech for me. Do any have the clean lines that it does in the VF-25, YF-29 line? Or is it just that gorgeous.

What's a 'veritech'? ;) Hehehe. Just kidding.

Regarding the waist joint pulled out, I guess, it's because that's how it was designed and that's how it looks in the anime series. I'm not really a big fan of it esp when the joints on the hips became loose. But mine so far is ok. The VF-25S that I have in Armored Parts, I used the option support part that came with the set. ;)

Looking at the photo from Jenius' anymoon.com site, you can really tell that the V2 potruding hips looks better than the V1. And it's more anime-accurate. ^_^

Bandai-V2-VF-25-12.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

I just knew someone was gonna post this! hehehe! :p:lol:

I was going to ask the same thing then I noticed the next post so I pulled my finger away.

Hahaha! :lol: Just for fun guys. Everyone knows how much we love Robotech. Up to now, I'm still amazed how they intertwined 3 unrelated series into one cohesive story... well, until they become greedy about it. ;)

So seriously, what's a 'Veritech'? ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

Hahaha! :lol: Just for fun guys. Everyone knows how much we love Robotech. Up to now, I'm still amazed how they intertwined 3 unrelated series into one cohesive story... well, until they become greedy about it. ;)

So seriously, what's a 'Veritech'? ^_^

If by "cohesive" you mean "The Macross Saga and all that other stuff not even Robotech fans care about" then sure. :)

Just a quick but silly question.. how does one correctly pronounce "Mospeada" ?

Mos pay dah

Or

Mos pee ahh dah

Or other..

This has bugged me for many years..

im a spanish speaker and always thought of it as mos pee ahh dah.

So, as i am never wrong that must be the true pronunciation of it.

WAIT, im mistaken i was wrong before, that time i thought i was wrong XD

sorry for the trolling XD

Just a quick but silly question.. how does one correctly pronounce "Mospeada" ?

Mos pay dah

Or

Mos pee ahh dah

Or other..

This has bugged me for many years..

I just followed what's the original. And how it was spelled in nihonggo.

Out of respect to them, I read it as Mos(u)-Pi-Dah. I read it somehow in english with silent 'u'. ;)

It's like Karaoke. Japanese say it as Ka-Ra-Oh-Ke. Here in the US, they say it as Carry-Oke. And people here correct me when I say it as how Japanese say it. Weird. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

im a spanish speaker and always thought of it as mos pee ahh dah.

So, as i am never wrong that must be the true pronunciation of it.

WAIT, im mistaken i was wrong before, that time i thought i was wrong XD

sorry for the trolling XD

hehe! yes you're right! oh wait.. you could be wrong.. :p:lol:

I just followed what's the original. And how it was spelled in nihonggo.

Out of respect to them, I read it as Mos(u)-Pi-Dah. I read it somehow in english with silent 'u'. ;)

It's like Karaoke. Japanese say it as Ka-Ra-Oh-Ke. Here in the US, they say it as Carry-Oke. And people here correct me when I say it as how Japanese say it. Weird. :lol:

But yeah I do like how Mos(u) pee ahh dah rolls off the tongue!

ok so back to topic.. :D

We could do that... but that means you're going by a Japanese pronunciation of a Romanized acronym that I believed was backed into as a contraction of two English words (although I'm not sure that last part is true but someone always says the original basis was "motor speeder").

We could do that... but that means you're going by a Japanese pronunciation of a Romanized acronym that I believed was backed into as a contraction of two English words (although I'm not sure that last part is true but someone always says the original basis was "motor speeder").

Yeah, that's what I remember Motor Speeder or something. But yeah, we could say it like as is so it's more authentic. Hehehe. :)

I really should've chosen my words a lot more carefully. lol, Jenius, I'm digging the review.

Hahaha! You should, Zaid. We don't want some 'Veritech' company lurking the forums now, eh? j/k :lol:

If anything Cdjapan packaging is very good , they bubble each box and they fill all space with paper ,so your box is always sharp

Since they are already charging this much on end shipping you might as well see what else they have on sale and add those in so save a bit on the high shipping .

If you get 2 Valks it's 8800 yen or 3 Valks it's 10600 yen .

They also have the gunbuster for 17600 yen with expensive shipping of course but if you combine them the shipping is 10000 yen

They also have reward points so the valk should give you 378 and 500 bonus which is like 878 yen and more points if you buy the gunbuster or other items

Edited by F360

I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from CDJ and I think their rewards points system is one of the best! They have saved me quite a bit on some Valks and most of my Variable Fighter Master Files have come from them either significantly cheaper or almost free!

And yes their customer service is good and their packaging and handling times are excellent!

for the sake of a few bucks don't you think SAL is too slow and more of a risky shipping option? Especially for high value items such as Valkryrie's?

The difference is about $40 to Canada, and they only allow the registered SAL option so it is trackable and insured. The chance of a package getting taxed (15% + $5 fee) by our custom is also around 10% with SAL v.s. 95% with EMS.