DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Hey Anubis report back with your findings if you get anywhere with them, please?

They got back to me, looks like we should be ok ^_^

"Thanks for writing, and for your patience as we were closed for the weekend and yesterday's Japanese national holiday of Umi no Hi.

Orders are filled in chronological order. Your order wasn't in time to receive a piece from the small initial shipment we received of that item, but the rest of the shipment has come in today. Available items enter payment processing once a day, and your payment will be requested at that time."

Got mine this morning! After the nice grease-less past few releases, I was surprised this one came out of the box slathered in grease.

All the joints seem to be tight enough. The shoulder blocks don't sag. I like that they bothered to make a new pilot sculpt for the NUNS pilot.

My head lasers are a little crooked, but not as bad as some previous pics have shown.

I wonder if the head lasers can be hardened in some way. after straightening them out.

Maybe spraying them with a lacquer clear coat or would that melt pvc or cause it to curl more? I've never tried so I don't know what the reaction would be.

Not sure if it would be too hard to drill a small hole through the length of it and stick a piece of metal wire in.

Whew, I was freaking out waiting for that payment request from HLJ and finally got it. There were a couple of times I was getting twitchy fingers and almost did the NY thing but the extra they were charging made me wait lol. At that price I knew they would sit in stock. Also the response Anubis got from HLJ made me feel better.

I had kind of resigned myself to not getting one of these, since I admit I wasn't that excited for another YF-29 to begin with. HLJ payment just went through though, so looks like I need to sell off a couple duplicates. :)

You don't chance have an extra YF-29 Ozma, do you?

HLJ, Amiami, and CDJapan all had them available. I grabbed one, my first Bandai Chogokin Valk! I'm a little worried about the QC issues I've seen people complain about, especially the broken parts, cracks, and scratching all over the valk. Hopefully these things have gotten better or this may be my only chogokin valk, lol.

LOL, looks like the holiday constipated the market for us that order via the web. I was freaking out for a couple of days there, I guess I'm a true addict. :)

*Edit*

Got my shipping notice from HLJ.

Edited by Loop

Cdjapan and NY are bad deals compared to what we've been able to get the past few days. I'm expecting HS to put more up within the next few days too.

They ain't that bad.. but anyways I was able to use a whole bunch of rewards points with CDJ which completely wiped out the postage cost and then some!

They ain't that bad.. but anyways I was able to use a whole bunch of rewards points with CDJ which completely wiped out the postage cost and then some!

I wish they shipped mine yesterday. I woke up today to find another 1000 points which I could've used when I ordered the hi-metal r vf-1s yesterday. <_<

I found the explosion effects on Amazon however I cannot seem to locate the cannon firing effects that were in a couple of those pictures. Anyone got any ideas about those?

I just looked out of curiosity too and boy are these things expensive for what they are. Couldn't find the one you're referring to on BBTS either or even ebay. I must not be searching on the right terms or the cannon fire ones are not from Bandai?

Well, part of the effect behind the blast looks like the yellow "thunder" (it's lightning! thunder is sound!) effect. Just don't know what main part of the blast part is from.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I just looked out of curiosity too and boy are these things expensive for what they are. Couldn't find the one you're referring to on BBTS either or even ebay. I must not be searching on the right terms or the cannon fire ones are not from Bandai?

I couldn't find them either, and I checked 3 different stores. I'm thinking he got them from another source or from some other figure set.

Lovely shot Gundam! Looks like you still need to massage those upper fuselage side covers into position a little better.. And looks like yours doesn't have badly banana'd head lasers either!

I found the explosion effects on Amazon however I cannot seem to locate the cannon firing effects that were in a couple of those pictures. Anyone got any ideas about those?

I couldn't find them either, and I checked 3 different stores. I'm thinking he got them from another source or from some other figure set.

Those effects probably come from the S.H Figuarts / Robot Damashii figures

Im really liking those effects bits! I would love to setup mine in exactly the same way as in that photo! Trouble is trying to find all the parts. Someone did post the Big Bad Toy Store link with a few of them earlier.

So now I'm confused. Some of these images show it to be blue. But the initial pictures had it be a mix of mostly purple and a little blue. What gives?

The ones that look purple are mainly due to color balance. The valk is a dark blue with an almost periwinkle(?) lighter blue and a tiny bit of gold highlights under sunlit or 5500k color temp conditions.

The ones that look purple are mainly due to color balance. The valk is a dark blue with an almost periwinkle(?) lighter blue and a tiny bit of gold highlights under sunlit or 5500k color temp conditions.

Let's take down the internet today with a color argument about an obscure Valk!!! (not a dress) :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by derex3592

That's true. I agree. It's not bad since I bought a lot of stuff now from NY and still have lots of PO with them. And so far, I haven't had any bad experience with them. And besides, at the end of the day, if you really want to secure one and it's not available anymore from your 'preferred' shops, you're still gonna end up ordering from them. Btw, Spanner, how's your experience with CDJ? Do you have to pay upfront when PO-ing?

*snip*

Great photo as always, Gundam@EFSF.

Thanks, MacrossJunkie!

I guess I have to take back my earlier comment about a messy color scheme then. I have to say I got tempted for a minute, but I still don't feel any connection to Rod.

No connection, eh? But you still got tempted even for just a minute. ;) And I say, that's a good sign to order this. Hehehe. :lol:

How come the wings aren't extended in any of your photos?

That's how I like my Isamu 29 too, Mommar. More sleek and fast looking. ;) By looking at Gundam@EFSF's 29, I can say that I want that blue now for that sleek and fast look. ;)