DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Guest davidwhangchoi

Would probably end up buy it from you, David. But good thing you didn't. ^_^ Still contemplating on this one just for the color. ;)

i really like the color

I think it's the "brick like dimensions of the center body in fighter mode" that is keeping me from pulling the trigger on this, even though I really like the color. I wonder why it never bothered me with the 2 versions I currently have.

when i had like 6 copies of the 29. i always swooshed one around but had to fly it at certain angles to hide the blockiness area where the intakes are.

i think my vf-19 advanced copies will keep me happy.

i wouldnt even accept those for free. They'd just take room on my shelf I could use for better schemes.

The 29 is in my Top 3 macross Fighters, and the toys are all great. i can;y wait for this one!

I have to agree somewhat.. The 29 is a great bird and my appreciation for them has risen considerably but I feel there could be better paint schemes done for them than these. As much as I love Ranka and like Sheryl I just don't get these art paint schemes and I doubt they would fit in nicely with my current displays. Although I'd probably still take them for free but struggle to display them.

Awwww. You hurt my feelings guys. :( Looks like I'm the only one who wants this in DX size. Hahaha! Well to answer the room/space concern for them, I'd say I'll display them framed and mounted on the wall instead in the cabinet. Since the artwork is just on the backside. ;) And besides, I think the wife will prefer that more instead of getting Sheryl and Ranka in their 'provocative-in-which-I-preferred-more' figure form. Hehehe. :D

i think so too. i thought about getting it bc the color looks so great. but then i thought about it and i'd prob sell it off after opening it due to not liking the busy ness and brick like dimensions of the center body in fighter mode.

Me too, David. I'm curious on the 'brick-like-dimensions' too. I'm looking at my Isamu 29 earlier and I can pinpoint where. Thanks in advance. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

if you guys can't see with yours in hand, no worries! as it won't bother you. i wish i could take a photo but i literally sold all my 29s... (6x) ozma's and an alto.

Awwww. You hurt my feelings guys. :( Looks like I'm the only one who wants this in DX size. Hahaha! Well to answer the room/space concern for them, I'd say I'll display them framed and mounted on the wall instead in the cabinet. Since the artwork is just on the backside. ;) And besides, I think the wife will prefer that more instead of getting Sheryl and Ranka in their 'provocative-in-which-I-preferred-more' figure form. Hehehe. :D

Hey I wouldn't mind them in larger scale either; I don't really mind the "itasha" schemes. I passed on the Sheryl VF-171 not because there's a Sheryl graphic printed on it, but because they chose an ugly Sheryl graphic.

Passed on the new VB-6 because I already have the previous SP release and having a different decal is not enough for me to drop another $200 on an otherwise identical toy.

I preordered this new YF-29 but I still feel that all the 29s have some of the weakest paint schemes among all valkyries.

Off the top of my head, the only schemes that I can think of that are worse are the Macross 7 VF-19s.

i really like the color

when i had like 6 copies of the 29. i always swooshed one around but had to fly it at certain angles to hide the blockiness area where the intakes are.

i think my vf-19 advanced copies will keep me happy.

hehe... :D

Even though I have two po's I'm not super duper excited about this one lol. It's just another 29 recolored. Kinda wish the B meant something (kinda like the super duper awesome vf-0B. full double seaters ftw)

Exactly the reason I didn't bother PO'ing but it means more for those who do like it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...