DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Yeah, CDJ requires payment up front so the link usually stays up a little longer. You get one pretty much guaranteed though. They've never failed me.

Do they?

CDJ only do upfront-payment if you use paypal, afaik.

They don't do upfront-payment for visa/mc credit-cards.

Edited by treatment

My order for the RD Turn-A _just_ completed _just_ now! Ami's site was just damn slow.

Can't imagine how anyone outside of Japan could've secured this YF-29B at all. If there's any who was successful at ami, congrats!

I personally haven't bothered with Amiami in years. Even if you were able to secure one from them, their customer service is poor and if there was anything wrong with the toy at all, you're pretty much out of luck. They might offer you a slight discount, like $5 or something.

Saw the Amiami preorder button but was sold out. Concentrated on getting one from cd japan so i didn't check the forum and missed the HLJ link. Oh well got one, not going to whine too much. Would've like to get the better preorder price though.

Guest davidwhangchoi

CDJ DOES NOT require payment up front if you are using a credit card.

true.

if you use paypal then it's payment upfront.

Yeah, CDJ requires payment up front so the link usually stays up a little longer. You get one pretty much guaranteed though. They've never failed me.

My CDJ notification email never came though so I had to dig for the link this time.

Check your junk email. That happened to me once costing me a preorder.

My CDJ notification email never came though so I had to dig for the link this time.

I've never had to do upfront payment at CDJ with any of my pre-orders there, but I always elect to pay by credit card.

Edit: Geez. Replies keep coming in as fast as pre-orders are going. Anyway, good luck to everyone else still looking to get one.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Thanks xrentonx. This is good to know, I placed my first order with CDJ.

@xrentonx

Just out of curiosity, how did you find it on CDJ? I had both the home page and a search for YF-29 refreshing and neither one showed the preorder link. Thanks again!

You have to sign up for their email list. The link only works from the email. You can't search it on their site for some reason. Learned that the hard way.

@xrentonx

Just out of curiosity, how did you find it on CDJ? I had both the home page and a search for YF-29 refreshing and neither one showed the preorder link. Thanks again!

Figures & Toys > New Items Listed

...I had to go digging for it this time. My email never came.

Edited by xrentonx

Thanks to everyone posting links.

After seeing the pre-order button on AmiAmi and getting cart-jacked at HS, scored my first pre-order with CDJ... despite having to stop and create an account >_<

Also: thanks to people chatting in this thread before POs opened up. Really helped calm the mood before the madness!

I saw the add to cart button but was sold out by the time I could do anything. Amiami is...difficult. :angry:

Edited by xrentonx

still nothing at NY.. to be honest I was hoping to just order them all from them instead but didn't want to take a chance and miss out if they sold out before I got there..

so one now paid in full and the other payment pending.. maybe I will still order one from NY and pre pay just to be sure its secure..

How many people got one from amiami? They are so useless to get preorders from. It's like they only have 5 copies or a shitload of scalpers using a script or something.

prolly N-Y and/or their agents or some other shop camped out on ami and cleaned them out quick.

:bump:

still nothing at NY.. to be honest I was hoping to just order them all from them instead but didn't want to take a chance and miss out if they sold out before I got there..

so one now paid in full and the other payment pending.. maybe I will still order one from NY and pre pay just to be sure its secure..

Yup I wanted to get both units I planned to get from them but figured I'd have at least one for insurance