Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Perhaps....but it looks like they are using the same illustration for the HMR VF-1S Strike Hikaru and Roy.....just changing up the yellow/red bits and the box coloring style....

12063423_1200555153293729_64193561852216

Is the box for Roy the same as the box for HIkaru but with a different color background?

Seems like it......which is why I thought they would do the same with a potential VF-2SS Tenjin illustrated boxart for Nexx and Sylvie.....unless one with and one without the SAP? I was hoping the ET VF-2SS would have been graced with a Tenjin illustration but that that does not seem to be happening....

I think they reused the image because it is a web exclusive. When ever I receive a web exclusive they usually have blank package or cheap looking pictures. This time I guess they re colored the old box to save time.

Seems like it......which is why I thought they would do the same with a potential VF-2SS Tenjin illustrated boxart for Nexx and Sylvie.....unless one with and one without the SAP? I was hoping the ET VF-2SS would have been graced with a Tenjin illustration but that that does not seem to be happening....

Edited by Big s

I stumbled on here while searching for her news. Anyway on gg infinite they have the Roy 1s for $120 U.S.. They also have a holiday sale so if there's anything else available of interest there is some potential for savings.

Stupid spell check I was trying to write hmr news not her news.

I see a lot of new members on the forum these days. Maybe the Delta news has brought in new people. I'm guessing some might be lurkers that have been around as well. In any case I think it's good. Welcome to all.

I'm a lurker... : P

(Stalking everyone.)

I see a lot of new members on the forum these days. Maybe the Delta news has brought in new people. I'm guessing some might be lurkers that have been around as well. In any case I think it's good. Welcome to all.

I like to think it is due to the popularity of the Hi-Metal line. That is why I came here ;)

I stumbled on here while searching for her news. Anyway on gg infinite they have the Roy 1s for $120 U.S.. They also have a holiday sale so if there's anything else available of interest there is some potential for savings.

Stupid spell check I was trying to write hmr news not her news.

You can get Roy's for $20 less on Nippon Yasan

This always seems to happen in waves every couple to a few years. Welcome to MW guys/girls.

Thanks for the welcome.

I usually avoid forums due to evil moderators and childish trolls.

But as long as Macross folks are civil, newbies will stay on and contribute our experience with these toys.

Edited by arbit

Looks good, can't wait. Have we gotten confirmation that this 1S will come with an extra tip for just a super part armor set? My old Roy 1S had a super and strike tip so you could have either look you wanted, my exclusive DYRL 1As super part packs were the same, they came with the extra tip so you could do a super or strike setup.

Sure, they may be different sculpts, they may be bigger, but they're definitely closer to the camera.

You guys should see what this would look like with the integrated hands. ..

I love the pic where he looks like he's looking at his hands as if to say 'are these too big? '

Edited by jenius

The hands are no different from that on the GBP release.

The open hand is actually a tad bit big looking. But the above photos are exaggerating it a bit due to poor photography.

Also, keep in mind that there are 2 different gungrips. One is the integrated hand version (whose hand is smaller) and the other is the slightly bigger "detail up " version.

You'll see what I mean from the Shishioh GBP review here (http://shishioh.info/HI-METAL_R_VF-1J_ARMORED_VALKYRIE.php)

Shishioh attached the Strike packs from the old VF-1S Hi Metal in his review.

Edited by Vifam7

Sure, they may be different sculpts, they may be bigger, but they're definitely closer to the camera.

You guys should see what this would look like with the integrated hands. ..

I love the pic where he looks like he's looking at his hands as if to say 'are these too big? '

The integrated hands on the recent HM-R 1J were ridiculously hilarious fugly teeny-tiny hamster-tooth stumps...

post-263-0-05773300-1447879804_thumb.jpg