Jump to content

Hi-Metal R


joppewo

Recommended Posts

On 6/22/2022 at 3:36 PM, sqidd said:

I just measured a HMR in Fighter and I'm coming up with it being 1/91 scale. Does that sound right?

Pretty close. I always reference @jenius site for the HMR scales, since it has a better approximation than when people say "1/100". 

HMR-Defender-13.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Pretty close. I always reference @jenius site for the HMR scales, since it has a better approximation than when people say "1/100". 

HMR-Defender-13.jpg

Man, I looked everywhere on his site aside from where that was!:rofl:

I'm having some resin VF-1 Atmospheric Boosters and launch vehicles made/painted by a guy out of Chile to display with my HMR stuff. I told him 1/91 scale. That's close enough.

Thanks!

These are the 3D printed versions so the surfaces suck and they don't look great. He assures me that the resin versions look fantastic. I paid through PayPal so if they don't I'm safe.;)

IMG_20220608_110437.jpg.3104efaa443dda711d22c68e80a7f7f2.jpg

IMG_20220608_110443.jpg.951f23318628d11366d456bc9bed6187.jpg

IMG_20220608_110452.jpg.616d51aedbcd73d9d9be747ed62f2381.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Man, I looked everywhere on his site aside from where that was!:rofl:

I'm having some resin VF-1 Atmospheric Boosters and launch vehicles made/painted by a guy out of Chile to display with my HMR stuff. I told him 1/91 scale. That's close enough.

Thanks!

These are the 3D printed versions so the surfaces suck and they don't look great. He assures me that the resin versions look fantastic. I paid through PayPal so if they don't I'm safe.;)

IMG_20220608_110437.jpg.3104efaa443dda711d22c68e80a7f7f2.jpg

IMG_20220608_110443.jpg.951f23318628d11366d456bc9bed6187.jpg

IMG_20220608_110452.jpg.616d51aedbcd73d9d9be747ed62f2381.jpg

 

Yeah, that part of his site I always remember to go to for HMR scales (it is in the Monster review).

 

And those look fantastic!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hello!

I just noticed that Amazon.com has the HMR VF-0S Phoenix available for pre-order.

Since when did the Amazon in the US start offering Macross pre-orders like this?

image.png.f16296aade8b99592b742f715e25ae06.png

Probably since they decided to to worldwide releases 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hello!

I just noticed that Amazon.com has the HMR VF-0S Phoenix available for pre-order.

Since when did the Amazon in the US start offering Macross pre-orders like this?

image.png.f16296aade8b99592b742f715e25ae06.png

It's been known since November that the HMR VF-0S would be sold through US stores.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:13 AM, sh9000 said:

71989373-3EFD-4F90-8C2C-AB31FCF19BAC.png.c5e2d80de93eb605dea3417a8f466451.png

“As of now all the items you see up here on display are intended for worldwide release.”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hello!

I just noticed that Amazon.com has the HMR VF-0S Phoenix available for pre-order.

Since when did the Amazon in the US start offering Macross pre-orders like this?

image.png.f16296aade8b99592b742f715e25ae06.png

For US buyers (I'm in California):

Is it cheaper to buy it from Japan and have it shipped or should we get it from a US retailer? I have to pay 7.75% sales tax on US purchases. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a word of caution about pre ordering from amazon. if you do, I recommend having a back up pre order somewhere else if you really care about the item. They canceled some of my pre orders in the past that were by then sold out. (import stuff) I then ended up having to pay scalper prices for the items. its great if your gonna use points and stuff, just beware and CYA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, frankell05 said:

a word of caution about pre ordering from amazon. if you do, I recommend having a back up pre order somewhere else if you really care about the item. They canceled some of my pre orders in the past that were by then sold out. (import stuff) I then ended up having to pay scalper prices for the items. its great if your gonna use points and stuff, just beware and CYA

I had  them cancel one the other day and refund my money. I clicked on the item link (IDK why) and it showed in stock. I ordered it. Had it the next day. Goofy Amazon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jenius said:

Given how strong the $ is against the Yen, it's cheaper to buy from Japan and have it shipped (but it sold out everywhere). 

I was noticing that as well.

Still.... I could not resist. I ended up placing a pre-order thru Amazon.com.   I had missed the original pre-order madness date for this, and after Nippon-Yasan stole my money 3 years ago for a pre-order that was never fulfilled, I at least trust Amazon.com to not f--k me over.

I am kind of excited. This is like my first Macross toy order since the pandemic started.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

For US buyers (I'm in California):

Is it cheaper to buy it from Japan and have it shipped or should we get it from a US retailer? I have to pay 7.75% sales tax on US purchases. 

If you can get a good discount, it might be about the same price. I doubt it will be cheaper, but getting it from Japan is probably gonna have to wait till release day. Unless you luck out and someone cancels their order and you just happen to see it pop up on one of the Japanese sites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I pretty much got the same treatment as Dr. Momma Cat on the same item from NY. Part of me hopes that it is held at Japan Post and I might get it one day. But I'm not holding my breath. 

As shipping costs are approaching crazy, the total cost might end up pretty close depending on exchange rates and shipping costs on one year's time. We'll find out when we find out. :unknw:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I'll just support the us release. Even if I pay a bit more. Hopefully that'll support the worldwide release. As long as I'm not paying double or any exorbitant amount like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never had a problem ordering HMR at pre-order price until now. 

I assume Bandai's bad planning with global release is to blame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arbit said:

I never had a problem ordering HMR at pre-order price until now. 

I assume Bandai's bad planning with global release is to blame.

I don’t think it’s as much bad planning, as it is overcharging on the U.S. side of these.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Big s said:

I don’t think it’s as much bad planning, as it is overcharging on the U.S. side of these.

I'm not in the U.S.  

Even proxy sites don't have the VF-0S.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arbit said:

I'm not in the U.S.  

Even proxy sites don't have the VF-0S.

I see the problem. I think they mislabeled it. World wide I guess meant from one side of the ocean to the other in a wide trip rather than round the world.

there are some here that will sell out of country, but you’d probably have to add on an even bigger chunk of change for the shipping 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

IMG_20220702_160511.jpg.0e97e4b33ebfb991a0e40f34d0d2a88f.jpg For a $160.00 this 0S better get some stellar reviews. As a big Mac Zero fan I want this but that's pricey for an HMR. At least the VF-2SS included everything (minus a stand) for way less. 

Edited by 505thAirborne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

IMG_20220702_160511.jpg.0e97e4b33ebfb991a0e40f34d0d2a88f.jpg

If there was any remaining doubt that Bandai was responsible for the high price of the VF-0S outside of Japan, this picture should take care of that. I'm still trying to square the high price against what we know about prices for other toys that Bandai distributes worldwide, when tend to be closer to the MSRP in Japan. At the current exchange rate, $160 is a 55% markup. All I can figure is that (1) Macross-related production runs are smaller and more expensive because of the smaller fan base compared to juggernauts like Gundam and/or (2) Bandai knows we will pay a premium to not have to deal with PO Madness. :unknw:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...