Hi-Metal R

joppewo

We already speculated before from previously release pics that this will likely have integrated landing gears, and for its size it should be easy to have integrated heat shield for a total perfect transformation for the first time in a HMR valk, unless some sort of parts-swapping & forming is to be some sort of unstated but mandated 'feature' for the HMR line..

Now will the arms swing out from Fighter like Arcadia's for transformation, or will they employ the sliding mechanism like the HMR & Chogokin VF-1? 

12 minutes ago, MKT said:

Now will the arms swing out from Fighter like Arcadia's for transformation, or will they employ the sliding mechanism like the HMR & Chogokin VF-1? 

Might be like the HMR/DX format not the Arcadia. Is there a possibility that T-Rex might also be also collaborating on this one while being scaled down and slightly tweeked from the Arcadia's version?     

57 minutes ago, borgified said:

Might be like the HMR/DX format not the Arcadia. Is there a possibility that T-Rex might also be also collaborating on this one while being scaled down and slightly tweeked from the Arcadia's version?     

If you closely look at the proto, it's like a shrunken Arcadia. A lot of parts are the same,  even the same elbow joints, cut at the hip joints, and many other parts.

Only have 2 concerns.

- The amount of parts forming involved.

-And, the potential yellowing on the white plastic scares me.

So I might end up waiting for the grey plastic VF-0A version.

PS, is there a date for the pre-order?

46 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

- The amount of parts forming involved.

If you don't want parts-former and scale is not an issue, there's the Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S.

-And, the potential yellowing on the white plastic scares me.

This is inevitable. It's bound to happen. Don't expose it to sun or any UV light source. However, you can spray coat it with clear matte acrylic to slow the yellowing process.

PS, is there a date for the pre-order?

Not yet.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

And given the current exchange rate, not a bad time to pick up an otherwise pricey valk.

Or get your long desired “Grail” after skipping  over it during the first round of pre-orders. ;)

I’m not sure if there is parts forming on the vf0. The nose looks like it just folds under the chest where the heat shield is and then the heat shield may just slightly flip downward to cover up the canopy. There is probably a hand set that folds into the arms or retracts and I don’t know about the gunpod, but there may just be a simple attachment 

20 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I'm OK with swapping a few parts at this scale, as long as we don't get to the VF100 line level, or even that of the Hi-metal VF-19

Things haven’t been as bad as the vf100 line in a long time. I think we might be lucky and at most only have to swap optional hands and maybe a gunpod connection. I’m not sure about landing gear either.

Nice read and feature....https://tamashii.jp/tn_blog/16/

Product page: https://tamashii.jp/item/13993/

set content

・ Main body
・ Pilot figure・ Main
wing left and right for suspension
・ Replacement wrist left and right 4 types each
・ Small main wing for
Battroid ・ Head machine gun left and right for Battroid
・ Gun pod
・ Pitot tube for fighter × 2 (including spare)
・ Pitot tube for Battroid
・ Sky Anti-aircraft missile triple x 4
, leg booster left and right
, display joint parts set
, air intake shutter (closed) left and right
, landing legs (front wheel, rear wheel left and right)
, dedicated pedestal

No listing of heat shield part....so an integrated heat shield!

item_0000013993_SY3ApPHN_101.jpg.241abe10ad8fc0b51dfd8ba32513cdfb.jpg

202205240506031.jpg.b7d0e4944f81ff7055754ff829ff7a4a.jpg202205240506091.jpg.1823ddde684895f2ebea78b97a28fc28.jpg

010_7f4Y35KF3cAE.jpg.2d849ef6c7205f9290f5262e041d17ff.jpg

Edited by seti88

Hope they update the height info description on the VF-0S. Right now, it says 140mm.

Based on other HMR Valkyries, all VF-1/VE-1 are 140mm. VF-4/VT-1 says 150mm. VF-2SS is 160mm. I know it's not accurate. But it's weird that they put 140mm on VF-0S. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Big s said:

Ok thanks. I’m not an aircraft expert, so I didn’t know what it was called 

No worries. Neither do I. I only learned about this pitot tube during Arcadia VF-0D preorder back in 2015. ;) 

11 hours ago, jenius said:

But no integrated landing gear. PO CANCELED!!! 

Lol the one feature really looked forward to, but not given :unsure:

But it’s a good thing smaller wings for battroid are included. If they ever come out with the Reactive Armor later, the smaller wings will make that armor around it look much more balanced & line art accurate than Arcadia’s.

Edited by MKT

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hope they update the height info description on the VF-0S. Right now, it says 140mm.

Based on other HMR Valkyries, all VF-1/VE-1 are 140mm. VF-4/VT-1 says 150mm. VF-2SS is 160mm. I know it's not accurate. But it's weird that they put 140mm on VF-0S. :rolleyes:

There was a display pic before with the rest of the VF-1's standing behind it....the 0S looked not really to scale if i recall...

Look out to the upcoming TN2022 summer perhaps to see it displayed together with the vf-1?

Details are out

https://sp.tamashii.jp/item/13993/

HI-METAL R VF-0S Phoenix (Roy Focker machine)!

Pre-order May 26th... 2 days from now.

Three modes of transformation! 

Price - 15,400 yen (tax 10% included) 

14,000 yen (tax excluded)                  

Release date - October 2022

Recommended Age - 15 years old and over                 

Overall height - 140mm (5.5 inches)

Material - Made of ABS, die-cast, PVC

Contents:

・ Main body

・ Pilot figure

・ Main wing left and right for flight

・ Replacement hands (left and right - 4 types each)

・ Small main wings for Battroid 

・ Head machine gun left and right for Battroid

・ Gun pod

・ Pitot tube for fighter × 2 (including spare)

・ Pitot tube for Battroid

・ Sky Anti-aircraft missile triple x 4, leg booster left and right , display joint parts set, air intake shutter (closed) left and right, landing legs (front wheel, rear wheel left and right), dedicated stand.