Jump to content

Hi-Metal R


joppewo

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fifbeat said:

So, regardless of 1/100 scale, that HMR Macross Zero valk is going to stand taller than the HMR Macross DYRM/SDFM valks, right? 

26F645DF-DA39-45D1-9A61-204B88B13E26.jpeg.647e370ba45278c79260bbe4981e850a.jpeg

9CE14A34-FFA9-493A-B6B4-7CEC84261447.jpeg.5db73de02d369f2f32e5c2764c4be51c.jpeg

The HMR VF-0S looks to be taller than the VF-1 which is correct to their Battroid heights.  The VF-0S will scale nicely.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

It should, but unlike the Vf100 line, the HMR line has never been officially labeled as 1/100, so it may be of a similar size

The HMR and HM VF-1 are essentially the same.  The HM VF-1 was labelled as 1/100 scale.

large.BA284E50-9F11-4EE0-906D-040BA099519A.jpeg.d61e6a432203d5b1554feb05d5164abb.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The HMR and HM VF-1 are essentially the same.  The HM VF-1 was labelled as 1/100 scale.

They may have once been labeled that scale, but they have never been that scale.  I can't find it now, but I believe one of the reviews placed them somewhere closer to 1/85 or so?  In terms of raw length dimensions, the Yamarcadia 1/60 is 9.5 inches long, while the HMR is 6.25 inches.. which puts it about 1/91, assuming the 1/60 is accurate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

They may have once been labeled that scale, but they have never been that scale.  I can't find it now, but I believe one of the reviews placed them somewhere closer to 1/85 or so?  In terms of raw length dimensions, the Yamarcadia 1/60 is 9.5 inches long, while the HMR is 6.25 inches.. which puts it about 1/91, assuming the 1/60 is accurate.

Using math to prove that Bandai is full of BS. How dare you! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies guys. 

I forget exactly what the line was, but I think there was a ZERO that was issue (maybe for Yamato?) and it looked like it was a 1/48 scale compared to a 1/60 DYRM/SDFM valk. 

I thought @jeniusJwould have a reference on any moon, but didn't find one. 

 

Edited by fifbeat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, fifbeat said:

Thanks for the replies guys. 

I forget exactly what the line was, but I think there was a ZERO that was issue (maybe for Yamato?) and it looked like it was a 1/48 scale compared to a 1/60 DYRM/SDFM valk. 

I thought @jeniusJwould have a reference on any moon, but didn't find one. 

 

I remember that discussion, and think it was buried in one of the VF-0 topics, where someone asked if it was in 1/48, since it was the same size as a 1/48 VF-1, before it was clarified that the VF-0 is just a much bigger aircraft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, fifbeat said:

Thanks for the replies guys. 

I forget exactly what the line was, but I think there was a ZERO that was issue (maybe for Yamato?) and it looked like it was a 1/48 scale compared to a 1/60 DYRM/SDFM valk. 

I thought @jeniusJwould have a reference on any moon, but didn't find one. 

 

There's this but it's just kind of a comparison. I usually consult Macross Mecha Manual when I just have a question to how big a vehicle is supposed to be. I do have a spreadsheet where I've logged every toy's height and length (and sometimes weight) and calculate their actual scales... but not sure how I'd put that on the site.

Arcadia-VF-0S-PF-Focker-18-4K.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2021 at 8:31 PM, eXis10z said:

0527FA9F-3BE8-4562-8802-2F78E0123975.jpeg

AD08BF36-86EB-4BD4-8BD2-3A7AFFB0432A.jpeg

 

On 11/18/2021 at 8:35 PM, seti88 said:

FEh4G02VUAEpdNQ.jpg

Wait.......WHAT!?

tenor.gif.2cf09016efcff9806472a40c4b7e0168.gif

I don't know how long and how many times I've clicked on this thread and gotten sad every time I saw a new post was only about some old stuff.  I'd almost given up hope.

Wow.  I'm truly shocked.

So excited for this as I absolutely love this line.  I hope this is the result of that survey they put out, I really do.  

Edited by mantisfists
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, fifbeat said:

So, regardless of 1/100 scale, that HMR Macross Zero valk is going to stand taller than the HMR Macross DYRM/SDFM valks, right? 

oh no. Bandai'ed??  
Didnt quite notice the scale but yeah that's seems to look quite a fair bit off scale?
Perhaps a prototype issue?

:huh::aggressive::5:

hmr-vf0s-namdaied.jpg.ded2db2872d97ead86f0c855a87fdf62.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I checked Macross Mecha Manual again.  The VF-1 in Battroid mode is 12.68 m tall, the VF-0S in Battroid mode is 14 m tall, and the VF-2SS in Battroid mode is 14 m tall.  The HMR VF-0S will most likely be the same height as the HMR VF-2SS in Battroid mode and the heights will be correct to one another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jenius said:

There's this but it's just kind of a comparison. I usually consult Macross Mecha Manual when I just have a question to how big a vehicle is supposed to be. I do have a spreadsheet where I've logged every toy's height and length (and sometimes weight) and calculate their actual scales... but not sure how I'd put that on the site.

 

In the macross valk lore, always had the impression that the VF-0 used real world f-14 and was modified with zentradi tech, so would be significantly taller than the vf-1 valks.

This was as opposed to the vf-1 being newly developed?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, jenius said:

There's this but it's just kind of a comparison. I usually consult Macross Mecha Manual when I just have a question to how big a vehicle is supposed to be. I do have a spreadsheet where I've logged every toy's height and length (and sometimes weight) and calculate their actual scales... but not sure how I'd put that on the site.

Arcadia-VF-0S-PF-Focker-18-4K.jpg

So, if Arcadia/Yamato is any kind of reference point Bandai is going to use for its HMR line, then it's safe to assume that the MACROSS ZERO VALK HMR 1/100 will be almost the height a 1/60 V2 Yamato/Arcadia? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, fifbeat said:

So, if Arcadia/Yamato is any kind of reference point Bandai is going to use for its HMR line, then it's safe to assume that the MACROSS ZERO VALK HMR 1/100 will be almost the height a 1/60 V2 Yamato/Arcadia? 

Since there wasn't any official details shown nor the VF-0S was displayed close to an actual HMR VF-1 figures, let the speculation begins. ;) 

hmr_vf0s_speculation.jpg.2d628ead769416bdbdbdcdbc63dc08e1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fifbeat said:

So, if Arcadia/Yamato is any kind of reference point Bandai is going to use for its HMR line, then it's safe to assume that the MACROSS ZERO VALK HMR 1/100 will be almost the height a 1/60 V2 Yamato/Arcadia? 

The Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S is probably correct in Fighter mode length compared to a 1/60 VF-1 but the Battroid mode height is not correct and is too tall.  

The HMR VF-0S will most likely be the same height as the HMR VF-2SS.

17 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I checked Macross Mecha Manual again.  The VF-1 in Battroid mode is 12.68 m tall, the VF-0S in Battroid mode is 14 m tall, and the VF-2SS in Battroid mode is 14 m tall.  The HMR VF-0S will most likely be the same height as the HMR VF-2SS in Battroid mode and the heights will be correct to one another.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, borgified said:

I think the Ghost will be like the add on missile effects for the VF-1 @jenius. What else could be added to make that set? 

 

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Reactive Armor, to complete the set? :rolleyes:

Complete add- on pack for HMR macross zero line...ghost booster + RA + smoke trail effects in one pack.

One release.Sales off the roof.Done.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only macross item that currently has a place holder for tonight looks like the dx vf 25 anniversary marking version. That may change, but I haven’t seen any information yet regarding hmr releases. They may end up exclusives or may even emulate up for U.S. retailers like bbts 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL....5 out of 8 of those HMR are not eligible for WWM....not that WWM means you can get any of these any easier....

So after M+, I'm thinking BW will push M0 onto the world stage next...sort of a Macross version of a gateway drug into the awfulness (mostly) that Macross shows have now become....don't want to kill the "good vibes" too quickly with a bad trip into Macross 7 just yet... :shok: 

It kind of says alot if they do not follow the releases of toys to coincide with the original releases of the shows in Japan....M0 was sort of an attempt to "make Macross great again" I suppose....for the most part, I think it was a pretty good attempt and I personally liked it...it makes sense to go with M0 next....so definitely looking forward to getting M0 HMR toys....

Maybe Bandai can finally milk the HMR Monster mold with some M0 modifications?

large.1338311615_M0Monster.gif.25496e8c3

 

And it'd be funny if we actually got a Cheyenne before we got the Destroid Tomahawk! :lol:.....but I guess this isn't the Bandai wishlist thread...:rolleyes:

Hopefully BW can sell enough Macross music downloads to increase the interest in everything else so we can finally get the toys we want without the shipping tax

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

FEyHMotaIAU5f7e.jpg.1badb48edb2b60e20813e9c3bc7186a1.jpg

Untabbed as usual. Wing sweep pockets on the fuselage seem a bit too wide?

FEyHNQZakAATgeD.jpg.f46399cca6cfd6af6673131f55c1f018.jpg

Jolly rogers tampo on tail fin seems a tad large and too close to the edge? Maybe prototype issues.

Bandai loves oversizing their tampo. UN SPACY text on the legs and gunpod look ginormous.

Aside from that, it's looking good. Like a scaled down Arcadia 0S. Hope the build quality is better than the HMR VF-1.

Hope the heat shield is also integrated this time and parts swapping is not required.

I love parts swapping!... said nobody ever. :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Since HMR Macross line is not officially 1/100 scale, I'm testing out to see if HMR VF-0 will or not tower the HMR VF-1. This is matching some parts of the stand based on the angle close to what I can find from photos available out there.

hmr_vf1_vf0_comparison.jpg.fd78af6bdf733c2b39ca0ba22fae6fdf.jpg

 

Based on this, the height difference between both HMRs in battroid seem much smaller compared to Arcadia’s.

Is Arcadia’s VF-0 too big then? I do remember Arcadia’s VF-0 had the right size in fighter mode relative to their VF-1.

Hopefully HMR VF-0 will not very noticeably undersized.. else, PO cancelled? :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...