Hi-Metal R

so are we never ever ever getting more destroids?  tbh i bought into this line to have in scale valks and destroids and zentrans mecha.  seems like its been forever since macross HMR non valk.

The idea that the Tomahawk has not been released boggles the mind, might just be my opinion yet I always felt that was the most popular Destroid next to the Monster. 

Guess you'll have to track down the old 1/100 models kits if you really want one. 

I would go broke over a Mac Plus & Zero release. 

I'd really like for them to finish DYRL skull squadron (Max/Kakizaki), the 2 remaining destroids (Phalanx/Tomahawk) and then the TV CF Zentran mechs (Q-Rau/N-Ger).  Would happily exchange a good HMR Milia Q-Rau for the old Yamato one. 

As it is I've been selling off any HMR that I have large scale versions (DX/Arcadia) and ones I wasn't super fond of. 

3 hours ago, easnoddy said:

I'd really like for them to finish DYRL skull squadron (Max/Kakizaki), the 2 remaining destroids (Phalanx/Tomahawk) and then the TV CF Zentran mechs (Q-Rau/N-Ger). 

I'm all for those and an official TV Roy VF-1S, Max VF-1A, and Kakizaki VF-1A.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:08 PM, Mechapilot77 said:

so are we never ever ever getting more destroids?  tbh i bought into this line to have in scale valks and destroids and zentrans mecha.  seems like its been forever since macross HMR non valk.

It sure has. And its tedious, I have all the valks I will ever need.

If they want my money they will have to start releasing the Zentraedi stuff.

Starting with the Regult Scout.

We need a TV Roy, Max and Kakizaki. Was really hoping for some Zentran and Meltran footsoldiers too.

Been waiting a LONG time for the Tomahawk, Phalanx, remaining TV repaints, Regult Scout, N-Ger & Q-Rau!

I get if they don’t do the last 2, but everything else is either simple repaints or retools. And most of the retools were completed & shown off multiple times.

what makes it sting is that they themselves marketed this line to be inclusive of all mecha shown and seen thru to completion. It’s absolutely ridiculous they haven’t completed at the very least what they originally solicited. 

I'm personally not getting HMR TV Max and Kakizaki if they release them, especially with the beautiful DX 1A Max, I just want a DX TV Kakizaki (not trying to derail into a DX thread).  I will get a trident stand just for HMR DYRL skull squadron, that would be sweet.  Sold off my DX DYRL Kakizaki as the DYRL color schemes are simply too basic and similar.  I sold of the DYRL Hikaru 1S because I have the DX. 

If I can secure the DX 1D, I'll sell my HMR 1D also.  I just want 3-4 more DX and I'm out (TV Kakizaki, 1D, 1A CF and maybe a 2nd TV 1S + booby duck armor...but I want a Hikaru pilot and name on the canopy).  But I might be willing to swap out my Arcadia 1J Max and Milia for DX's also. 

Really wanting to pare things down a bit to a single representation of each valkyrie design. 

• 1 month later...

Since I'm pretty sure COVID and whatnot have killed off Bandai's interest in pursuing the Hi-Metal R Macross line any further, I pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of destroid Defenders, so I'll have them on-hand to kitbash myself a Tomahawk and Phalanx to complete my display.