Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Dammit, I just saw joppewo's link and now I have a Hi-metal VF-1S Hikaru on preorder. I wasn't sure about this line at this scale, but the variety is what pushed me to order.

Now I will have a Bandai 1/100 to join my Arcadia 1/60 and Yamato 1/100 VF-1S Hikaru!

Edited by Smiley424

I still don't see why all of this is so exciting. The VF-1's are just okay and apparently nobody remembers just how appalling the 19's were... Or their previous attempts at the 25's before that. They've shown no effort in fixing the issues with the VF-1 so likely if a 19 comes out it won't be any better than terrible as well. Other than the promise of the 2012 scheme or a rare design like the 2SS (and don't forget the 19 was rare when these were first released) there is no guarantee anything here will be better than okay.

I still don't see why all of this is so exciting. The VF-1's are just okay and apparently nobody remembers just how appalling the 19's were... Or their previous attempts at the 25's before that. They've shown no effort in fixing the issues with the VF-1 so likely if a 19 comes out it won't be any better than terrible as well. Other than the promise of the 2012 scheme or a rare design like the 2SS (and don't forget the 19 was rare when these were first released) there is no guarantee anything here will be better than okay.

Why is everyone happy? I demand negativity and anger!

Edited by jenius

I think Mommar up there is pretty upset. :p

Honestly, you are allow to feel joy or disappointment regarding any news (delta or otherwise), and is entitled to your opinion. Just cut out the insults and high horse attitude against people who doesn't agree with you. Not directing this at anybody just in general.

You've owned those bad 19's as well. None of this is guaranteed to be good until we get one in hand. Not even the enemy mecha, which I'm excited (and still looking for a pre-order for) are guaranteed to be good.

Edited by Mommar

You've owned those bad 19's as well. None of this is guaranteed to be good until we get one in hand. Not even the enemy mecha, which I'm excited (and still looking for a pre-order for) are guaranteed to be good.

You know what, I was just thinking the same thing. I have a couple Hi-metal stuff on preorder, but I have no idea how good/bad they are going to turn out. If they're bad then it's a couple hundreds buck down the drain for me. :unsure:

I also owned Yamato's V1 1/60 toys, that didn't keep me from getting excited for V2. I did state earlier that now is the time for excitement and the time for negativity will arrive when we all know more about the designs and compromises made. I'm sure some people will bemoan color selections, others landing gear details (or God forbid, a lack of landing gears), and some of these designs may even parts-form! You can skip straight to negativity if you like, we'll meet you there in a few weeks or months when more information becomes available. It's inevitable, there will be loud protestations and gnashing of teeth... but for now we don't know enough so YAY!

Guest davidwhangchoi

I still don't see why all of this is so exciting. The VF-1's are just okay

i agree but it's the bad guys i'm after... padded with that dyrl launch arm and britai smashing kaki with a crowbar/pipe. lol

and very happy original macross is getting new support. after yamato ended i thought it was going to be all frontier and on...

I've also decided that I'm in this line purely for the destroids and the enemy mecha. I am getting a few Valkyries out of curiosity, but I think my limit will be three.

I thought about it this weekend, and I have too much sentiment for the 1/60-scale and DX Valkyries in my collection -- no downsizing for me. ;)

post-582-0-96072300-1446426236.jpg

I see this guy when the panic button goes off way before a release. Some of you are way too serious for toy collecting. I won't get them simply because I don't need toys that are 1/100, but were those background images coming with them? If so, that'd be a reason to reconsider.

I really don't intend to buy an entire set of 1/100 stuff, but eh, having a single Roy 1S sounds like a nice piece to have to pose with a Regult or Glaug (or as a nice gateway drug :ph34r: ) I've just got far too much invested in 1/60 stuff to collect the 1/100s too.

Kind of relieved they're a web exclusive, just for being able to order one so easily.

Edited by Chronocidal

I finally was able to get around to opening my VF-1J. For the scale it's OK. It's no replacement for a Yamato/Arcadia 1/60. There's only so much you can do going dowm in scale like this. Personally, I feel the HMR line is worth collecting. I'm not so worried about handling it and transforming it since they are lower cost. I like that we are getting enemy mecha. And, due to the price, I feel like I can collect the entire line. With the Arcadia stuff I have to be selective and pick only my most favorite(s). I'm definitely happy to have both scales in my collection.

So I just got my GBP and after opening it up and attaching the armor (haven't transformed it yet) these are my thoughts (this is my 1st Hi-metal/ VF-100... etc):

• Nice heft for the size
  • GBP Armor looks nice and well proportioned
  • Grey 1J visors

Dislikes

• Too many parts
  • backpack sits a little too low and too far out from the body
  • Removal of part (tip of nose cone) necessary for application or GBP armor
  • Armored hips unposeable
  • Easily dislodged waist attachment/ missles
  • red- band markings at wrong angles

Conclusion: I would not trade my 1/60 collection for the 1/100 Hi Metal-Rs. These things are great for display and the occasional fiddling on your desk though.

<snip>

I see this guy when the panic button goes off way before a release. Some of you are way too serious for toy collecting. I won't get them simply because I don't need toys that are 1/100, but were those background images coming with them? If so, that'd be a reason to reconsider.

HaHa. I can't take myself too seriously on a toy forum, especially one where I am responsible for my fair share of brain farts.

I mean, most of us are grown men debating toys. I'm sure there are some outliers among us, but they have yet to speak up. :ph34r:

I can't help but smile when people are comparing the 1/100s to the 1/60s. It is almost like saying "I like the Transformers Legends figures but they are no replacement for the Masterpiece line" :)

I am being facetious but you are not going to see the same engineering in a Legends figure that you will in a Masterpiece figure just as the same can be said for 1/100 to 1/60.

I have two 1/60s, Yamato VF-1S and Arcadia YF-19 and I don't even touch them. My 1/100 GBP has been transformed constantly and I really can't wait for the next lot of releases and preorders.

If what Bandai have shown becomes a reality and it stays popular then the 1/100 line will outdo the 1/60 line in expanse.

Bandai's most expansive line would be their gashapons but I'm not replacing anything with those either. :p

I'll wait till these things are actually for sale before I go congratulating Bandai for their "expansive" line. Bandai has a whole graveyard of dead and abandoned Macross products.

Does anyone here own a Bandai Vajra?