Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I don't mean to rain on all the excitement, but haven't we seen other stuff like this that is labeled "display only" a long time ago and we still haven't seen it released.  Still I like where this is headed.  It's definitely nice to see an actual physical item instead of just drawings.

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Awesome! My poor wallet :/

@spacemanoeuvresI was thinking the same thing until I remembered my kids are at an age where they can (and are) getting jobs (or I sell them!) and get out of the house at the same time. 

Wonder how much I can get for them?B))

5 minutes ago, sharky said:

I don't mean to rain on all the excitement, but haven't we seen other stuff like this that is labeled "display only" a long time ago and we still haven't seen it released.  Still I like where this is headed.  It's definitely nice to see an actual physical item instead of just drawings.

9E13531F-5D04-4542-B9CD-AEA2968031B4.jpeg.ac01feb651383760b0f5d038c235be97.jpeg
;)

4 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Love the scout. Packaged with a VF-1S most of us already have...not so much. Would have been sweet if they put it next to an HMR VF-1A Kakizaki. Or the low vis Fokker.

More than likely the 1S is there for scale

never mind.... just read the label

Edited by optimuspint

Great to see the scout regult.  Still not sure if it will actually be a double pack, but it sure looks that way with the way it is labeled.  If so, I think it is pretty clever marketing by Bandai.

I don't have an HMR Roy, so I'd definitely buy the pack.  But Bandai knows most of the hardcore collectors will still buy the pack, even if they already have multiple HM/HMR Roys, just for the scout regult.  And how do you move less-popular enemy mecha for the "casual" collector?  Pack it in with arguably the most popular valk in the franchise.  They might also be seeing the secondary prices on the HMR Roy, and want to get in on the action.  Bandai might be learning...

Of course, we can't ignore that "display only."  But I think it will get an actual release.

Difference between the Scout and everything else shown off that was display only, those figures were shown like that years ago, the Scout was displayed like that today, so I have zero reason to believe the Scout won't be happening for the next release or so. When it does happen, I'm in for two, that will put my total Regult count, heavy missile type included, at 22 Regults. 

Display only usually means maybe.  In the case of the 1S and Regult we already know those two molds have been made and produced so the likelihood of a release is much higher than a preview sample of a figure that has never been made/sold before.