Jump to content

Hi-Metal R


joppewo

Recommended Posts

It was pretty hard to sleep it off from the low N-Y price,woke up twice in the middle of the night .  Glad they sold out and become up front payment only .   That gave me the extra push needed to Miss my first hi-metal r Macross preorder. 

 

I normally buy first and plan later but I’m running out of storage space for this army .   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, jenius said:

Even reissues of several toys would do better. They should reissue Hikaru with GBP and give him the new neck and DYRL yellow missiles, do a Focker release, the regult could use another round, lots of options over the non canon scheme of a not hugely popular design.

So the main changes between HM and HMR are the neck and the shoulders now being metal hinges? Was there a floppiness problem with the original HM line, or was it only Hikie's 1J? I am very tempted to get Roy's HM, but I wonder if i will regret it.

Edited by vlenhoff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If my site weren't down I could answer all those questions with pictures but i'll have to go off memory:
1) HMR added a removable nosecone, if you're going to put a GBP on, you need HMR
2) HMR added beefier biceps
3) HMR added a clear visor to the 1J head IIRC. Later in the HMR line, they made the one head a ball joint which added more articulation
4) Metal hinges in the shoulder area
5) HMR nerfed the backpack lock that exists on HM toys (which makes HM toys superior in this regard, no idea why they did that)
6) HMR VF-1S head has been improved (pictures would really help here)
7) HMR uses pale gray instead of white for DYRL

The original Hi-Metal toys are pretty old at this point so buying them used is dicey, yellowing and loose parts is pretty common. Hope that's it, I had to go from memory... I'm hoping to get anymoon back up this afternoon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

So the main changes between HM and HMR are the neck and the shoulders now being metal hinges? Was there a floppiness problem with the original HM line, or was it only Hikie's 1J? I am very tempted to get Roy's HM, but I wonder if i will regret it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jenius said:

If my site weren't down I could answer all those questions with pictures but i'll have to go off memory:
1) HMR added a removable nosecone, if you're going to put a GBP on, you need HMR
2) HMR added beefier biceps
3) HMR added a clear visor to the 1J head IIRC. Later in the HMR line, they made the one head a ball joint which added more articulation
4) Metal hinges in the shoulder area
5) HMR nerfed the backpack lock that exists on HM toys (which makes HM toys superior in this regard, no idea why they did that)
6) HMR VF-1S head has been improved (pictures would really help here)
7) HMR uses pale gray instead of white for DYRL

The original Hi-Metal toys are pretty old at this point so buying them used is dicey, yellowing and loose parts is pretty common. Hope that's it, I had to go from memory... I'm hoping to get anymoon back up this afternoon.

OH man thanks for the info Jenius. I have wacthed your videos, and now some of it came back to me. Every so often i go to your videos for reference, but I was tired, and forgot, sorrry. I should have gone back and re-watch them.

@Shizuka the Cat for the link!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jenius said:

If my site weren't down I could answer all those questions with pictures but i'll have to go off memory:
1) HMR added a removable nosecone, if you're going to put a GBP on, you need HMR
2) HMR added beefier biceps
3) HMR added a clear visor to the 1J head IIRC. Later in the HMR line, they made the one head a ball joint which added more articulation
4) Metal hinges in the shoulder area
5) HMR nerfed the backpack lock that exists on HM toys (which makes HM toys superior in this regard, no idea why they did that)
6) HMR VF-1S head has been improved (pictures would really help here)
7) HMR uses pale gray instead of white for DYRL

The original Hi-Metal toys are pretty old at this point so buying them used is dicey, yellowing and loose parts is pretty common. Hope that's it, I had to go from memory... I'm hoping to get anymoon back up this afternoon.

They also fixed the chest stripes from their old 1/55 alignment, but that's purely a painted detail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Knuckles7173 said:

but dammit! where are the Tomahawks and Phalanxes???

Yes, this. I need Battalion of them for Monster support! And the only way I will afford something like that is a PO situation. A re-issue of the other dudes would be nice too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice! Maybe bandai is bidding time to change the color to a more military-ish olive/green before releasing the tomahawk...

Best color in my opinion would be the light tan from the anime, but at this point, I would take a Tomahawk in just about any color that Bandai decided to release, even that purple-gray that they teased earlier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a new toy company called Bear Clan Creative.  We are in Northern Indiana.  Right now we are making a run of gaming miniatures but in about 2 weeks we will be releasing several sets of add on parts for HMR.   Our website should be up right about the same time.  We are not doing pre orders for these but they will be super limited in number and packaging will be super basic.  They will be posable, fully assembled and painted.  Price to be announced.  Here are some work in progress pics of the heavy particle beams for the Regult.  Obviously work in progress pics.  Feedback is welcome.  We have a lot of destroid and valk stuff planned and are open to suggestions. 

 

BBE5A601-7A35-4D72-A684-644ABFA2DEB7.jpeg

5AAA8377-38A1-4B1F-83FF-4B4A23FB8F1C.jpeg

2F599DA2-C5B8-4CCC-8A76-B49284D8565C.jpeg

415BA4E6-6156-464B-95F4-32ECE11596E7.jpeg

A7A4EDDF-11C7-4210-9070-054701680418.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, optimuspint said:

I have a new toy company called Bear Clan Creative.  We are in Northern Indiana.  Right now we are making a run of gaming miniatures but in about 2 weeks we will be releasing several sets of add on parts for HMR.   Our website should be up right about the same time.  We are not doing pre orders for these but they will be super limited in number and packaging will be super basic.  They will be posable, fully assembled and painted.  Price to be announced.  Here are some work in progress pics of the heavy particle beams for the Regult.  Obviously work in progress pics.  Feedback is welcome.  We have a lot of destroid and valk stuff planned and are open to suggestions. 

For the love of all things macross, please do a vf-4 strike cannon with fast packs!

hope you do think abt international customers too...Tqvm!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Picked one up at NY. Didn't even know this was up on po. Truly want them to continue with the line, so will support anything HMR Macross related (and for completion's sake of course....) Personally I think it looks good, makes a change from the usual VF-4G schemes. I only have the 1 Yamato Ver and the HMR release, might as well get another one....:ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...