Hi-Metal R

joppewo

7 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

@tekering Do you shoot those pictures with a green background for the sky? then replace it with the sky?

Not if I can help it.  As much as possible, I shoot my toys under actual sunlight, against a real sky.

30210258_overtheparkinglot.thumb.jpg.a6e211e4d5f29f2e2cecadb389e5ea81.jpg

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Not if I can help it.  As much as possible, I shoot my toys under actual sunlight, against a real sky.

30210258_overtheparkinglot.thumb.jpg.a6e211e4d5f29f2e2cecadb389e5ea81.jpg

Wait, you take the diorama outside? or parts of it? I noticed the other pics had the small buildings, but i was curious about the power lines. I have no idea how you did this. I am both clueless and fascinated.

18 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Wait, you take the diorama outside? or parts of it?

Yeah, it breaks down into several individual segments for ease of transportation.

20 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I noticed the other pics had the small buildings, but i was curious about the power lines.

This stuff is great for power lines:

https://hlj.com/scale-models/1-700-scale-metal-rigging-0-1-mdkh-1

8 hours ago, DewPoint said:

And it's gone!

I can't believe an enemy mecha is selling at those prices.  I bought my first one for $65 shipped a few years ago, and now they are over $100 before shipping.  I hope Bandai sees this and lifts their moratorium on non-valkyrie HMRs.  People clearly want to army build.

I do wonder if people would have the same enthusiasm for army building with the q-rau or n-ger, though. 

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I do wonder if people would have the same enthusiasm for army building with the q-rau or n-ger, though

If they do a DYRL or Plus version of the “n-ger” I will go insane for those.

I will go insane for any q-rau..:D

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Looks good!

14 hours ago, Bolt said:

Looks awesome @sh9000:good: looking forward to seeing it finished. 

I need to hit up Plastic Cretins..

9 hours ago, VF22fan said:

Super! 

Thanks.  Mine should be coming in exactly like that today.

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I do wonder if people would have the same enthusiasm for army building with the q-rau or n-ger, though. 

Me for sure.

37 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

For some reason, i saw a lot of nex vf-2ss when i was in japan last month in stores, I don’t think those are selling well.

There is that possible Nexx/Hibiki mix up as well. 

Even on Manda's and Jungle's listings of the 2ss Nexx, the sales for hasn't been too good either compared to Silvie's. 

@tekering also mentioned that the Monster,  Messer 1s and Nexx 2ss has been shelfwarmers. 

I get that the Monster would hang around shelves, since it's so big. If your display space is at a premium it'd be hard to put up somewhere.

And the blue 2SS I can understand too - I don't think MII is very popular. The figure looks stunning, but I guess it's not enough to go on looks alone.

I don't get why Messer's 1S is shelfwarming though. It's the only HMR 1S available for a reasonable price and it's got a good color scheme, I really like mine.

As someone (or a few) has mentioned pages back, the strength of HMR Macross line is being able to display a great variety of VF-1s, destroids and enemy mecha together.. Here's some of mine, I try to fit as many as possible in one pic..

4HTV5TN.jpg

3 hours ago, MKT said:

As someone (or a few) has mentioned pages back, the strength of HMR Macross line is being able to display a great variety of VF-1s, destroids and enemy mecha together.. Here's some of mine, I try to fit as many as possible in one pic..

4HTV5TN.jpg

Agreed! And they're also compact enough to fit in with other scales on the same shelf if you plan things right. (If anyone is curious, the 1/60 Blue Roses and Angel Birds in the front row are customs that I made a very long time ago)

20190629_130257.jpg

20190629_130243.jpg