Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I have no words.... You are really cool, thanks! I really hope i am not influencing that decision, IF you ever make it :(

I know you love this line, and i feel guilty taking anything away from it. In any case, thanks for always being thoughtful and kind. you rock!

With that said, if you ever do, I'll definitely get it from you. :good:

Thanks.  No problem.  I’m happy to help the nice people on MW.  I ordered 6 but they’ll be coming in sometime in May though.

1 minute ago, easnoddy said:

Crazy, they were like 6K yen on mandarake like 6 months ago. Total shelf-warner's. 

Banging my head hard on the wall, for not getting the Regult at 6k when they were widely available on Mandarake. 

Whats the current prices of the Regult and Glaug in the secondary market anyway? Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Banging my head hard on the wall, for not getting the Regult at 6k when they were widely available on Mandarake. 

Whats the current prices of the Regult and Glaug in the secondary market anyway? Thanks. 

Hard to find a regult under 160 on ebay.

The glaug you can find closer to 100. I was just looking at one that was about 110 and wondering if worth it..

I would say so, if you really like that design.  I’m very happy with my Glaug and Regult. I feel lucky I was able to get them right away. 

Now if I could only get the VF-1S anniversary..

Edited by Bolt

The VF-4 looks so sleek in fighter mode.  The battloid mode is lanky.  I didn't get into the VF31 line, but is the cockpit transformation similar? 

Both sequences seem to show the pilot in an upright position.

any news on the Tomahawk, or the Phalanx or the Quedlan Rau?

Edited by beatsing

10 minutes ago, beatsing said:

The VF-4 looks so sleek in fighter mode.  The battloid mode is lanky.  I didn't get into the VF31 line, but is the cockpit transformation similar? 

Both sequences seem to show the pilot in an upright position.

Yes, the VF-4 cockpit placement are the same from YF-30 up to VF-31.

8 hours ago, Penguin sushi said:

The glaug you can find closer to 100. I was just looking at one that was about 110 and wondering if worth it..

Yeah, unfortunately, the prices will probably only keep going up over time.  Maybe best to find the lowest  price you can now and bite the bullet.   The Glaug is really nice and is a decent size as well.  But, it's hard to say if it's worth $110.  That's more of a personal decision.  If I didn't have one already I'd buy it at that price for sure with no regrets.  Definitly watch some good reviews on YouTube to help you decide.  I would always recommend to buy all the enemy mecha since we get so little of it.

Edited by sharky

16 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Finally got my VF-4.

Easier to transform than I thought it would be.  This is an odd looking battroid.  Not much range with the shoulders.  It would outclassed in hand to hand combat.  The toy's color doesn't match the pictures on it's own box.  Fighter mode look gorgeous.

Yeah, the Battroid is quite unconventional, but for me that was just as much a draw as the sexy, sleek fighter mode.  The first time I saw it, I was so impressed by the way the nosecone is "bisected" and becomes the chest, as opposed to the traditional cockpit chest so many  other Valkyries use.

Yes, the giant shoulders are a hindrance, but it's so unique and over the top that I just love it.   I think it's my second favorite Valk of all time behind the glorious YF-19.  I know it's still only first quarter 2019, but it's gonna take a lot for any other toy to knock this guy out of my "number one for the year" slot.

12 hours ago, Penguin sushi said:

In the whole scheme of things and toys you can get at various prices, the Glaug is absolutely worth more than $100 to me. Keep in mind that original price was around $100 or more shipped and that's what I got mine for. No way I would let go of mine for $110, that's for sure. It's probably worth closer to $200 to my personal collection. I'm actually surprised that the price is basically still MSRP. This is another one of those cases where the price stays the same or even drops and then when all the initial stock disappears, it could climb fast (like the Regults). 

I LOVE the glaug!  It's my favorite toy in the HMR line.  I have 2, simply because I got a 2nd one shipped off Amazon (US) for $100.  As a kid I had the big Matchbox toy and the HMR version is such a fantastic modern version of the mech. 

HMR is the only line where a buy 2 of all the non-hero units.  I need another MONSTER. ;) And a bigger house to display it...

Edited by easnoddy

Would someone be kind enough to post a pic of an HMR VF-1 in battroid, Glaug, and Regult together, preferably with the zentradi cockpits open?  Every time I look at those, the mech seems to be a proper scale, but there's no way a zentradi soldier could fit inside at that scale.  I know there's some animated artistic license at play here, but still.

Edited by Pontus

21 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

I LOVE the glaug!  It's my favorite toy in the HMR line.  I have 2, simply because I got a 2nd one shipped off Amazon (US) for $100.  As a kid I had the big Matchbox toy and the HMR version is such a fantastic modern version of the mech. 

HMR is the only line where a buy 2 of all the non-hero units.  I need another MONSTER. ;) And a bigger house to display it...

I try to do the same if the funds allow.  I'm kind of regretting selling my backup Glaug and Monster.

21 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Would someone be kind enough to post a pic of an HMR VF-1 in battroid, Glaug, and Regult together, preferably with the zentradi cockpits open?  Every time I look at those, the mech seems to be a proper scale, but there's no way a zentradi soldier could fit inside at that scale.  I know there's some animated artistic license at play here, but still.

Yeah, the cockpits definitely seem too small and my first impression is that no way a Zentrad fits in there. The only gripe about the figures is they don't come with Zentrads that fit inside but in reality, it's not a big deal because I always display with cockpits closed and in action against VF-1s and Destroids. There are varying sizes of Zentrads though so they could possibly fit the smallest specimens.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

In the whole scheme of things and toys you can get at various prices, the Glaug is absolutely worth more than $100 to me. Keep in mind that original price was around $100 or more shipped and that's what I got mine for. No way I would let go of mine for $110, that's for sure. It's probably worth closer to $200 to my personal collection. I'm actually surprised that the price is basically still MSRP. This is another one of those cases where the price stays the same or even drops and then when all the initial stock disappears, it could climb fast (like the Regults). 

I just bought a pair of Glaug and Regult (used, but in good condition) from YJA through Buyee.  The auction price was 20k yen, with another 1700 yen on fees etc. All in cost, with another 1,890 yen in SAL shipping, came to just under 24k yen shipped.

Not the cheapest, but at least I managed to secure them finally.  Can't wait for the shipment to arrive.

9 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I just bought a pair of Glaug and Regult (used, but in good condition) from YJA through Buyee.  The auction price was 20k yen, with another 1700 yen on fees etc. All in cost, with another 1,890 yen in SAL shipping, came to just under 24k yen shipped.

Not the cheapest, but at least I managed to secure them finally.  Can't wait for the shipment to arrive.

That seems like a completely reasonable deal at this moment. Congrats!

24 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Congrats!!!! Like Slave said above, the Galug alone is worth $200 in my collection. You got two of the best HMR soon you'll enjoy them.

I should really get another Glaug, shame on me, I have no back up.

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

60A20300-AF65-459A-B758-68E308B4D0BA.thumb.jpeg.53cdcfafe3501b0ac30ad1df9f9a277c.jpeg

BACE5D00-2370-47E2-8E1D-808398740E13.thumb.jpeg.194955254f4f8bc11203d02c77c63abc.jpeg

Thanks very much @sh9000:hail:  I think I will be reviewing some episodes of Macross this evening.  I feel like the overall scale is correct but the main bodies of the regult and especially the glaug look WAY too small by my eye.  I should have a 1/72 regult kit in my mailbox today that I hope is a more accurate scale to the 1/100 line (or at the very least, a bigger/better model than my Revoltech).