Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Finally had a chance to unpack my VT-1.

The color difference between the molded and painted parts is indeed noticeable, but under natural light and a casual view it's hardly remarkable.

Despite the color issue I think it's ultimately a great addition to the collection.

Really glad I picked this one up.

4 hours ago, Jwwu said:

Noob question - are the regular HMR M&Ms incorrectly colored?

I could answer that.  Technically yes but a lot of people are fine with how they are.  You can swap out the parts, paint the lower leg armors to match the reds and blues, and add custom TV arm armors if you have them.

63F78355-3ECB-4442-9215-5B113D2C58CE.thumb.jpeg.87785db1124ab34098771e8aa3266c81.jpeg

On 8/16/2018 at 1:24 PM, Toonz said:

I made my payment to AmiAmi 2 days ago for the VT-1 and haven't heard from them since.

Wrote in 3 times and not getting any response at all.

Did the people in Ami decide to stop working or just don't feel like checking emails?

Check your spam folder

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I could answer that.  Technically yes but a lot of people are fine with how they are.  You can swap out the parts, paint the lower leg armors to match the reds and blues, and add custom TV arm armors if you have them.

Depends on which scene of the anime you're looking at.

MM 27 30.png

13 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

While I await my VT-1, I figured I'd post this:

IMG_8205.JPG

More shots from the same setup here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/35121-148fps-160fps-172-12k-13k1100-and-now-1144/?do=findComment&comment=1416386

Love it! :wub:  :good: 

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Fixed up my Super Ostrich a bit with some leftover materials. :)

760560313_HMRVT-104.thumb.jpg.ae8929718a3a9775c3e75799d821264a.jpg

966048876_HMRVT-101.thumb.jpg.5c1cf64cfeb463254f31108e1c7e4f51.jpg

Great job as always, Lolicon! I envy your skills.  :wub:  :good: 

By the way, can't help thinking how awesome this one will look in cel-shaded form. ^_^ 

Lolicon that looks SO much better than plain. I should unbox one and do the same thing.

All ten of my VT-1 Super Ostriches shipped.  So much for myflopbini screwing me around.  It was easy to purchase elsewhere :)  And I told them they were losing a lot of orders lol.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

1492842404_HMRVT-105.thumb.jpg.4f2a6874be9a73cd011dd0e8d4ecc3b2.jpg

760560313_HMRVT-104.thumb.jpg.ae8929718a3a9775c3e75799d821264a.jpg

1476666183_HMRVT-106.thumb.jpg.c3685d43ff79c17c8f8331fbe54e8453.jpg

"Hey Hayase, we're the only two people left on Earth. Want to start repopulating?"

1216559856_HMRVT-103.thumb.jpg.ad17694175f2fbd1e0d8bcf922a79fce.jpg

Looks even more VF-1D now.

Oughta put Minmay in there instead of Misa to complete the look, since the red on the included Minmay-figure is also miscolored and alot closer to her TV red dress than to her actual orange jumpsuit in DYRL...

:5:

:bump:

15 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Looks great.  I saved this pic on my phone.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Love it! :wub:  :good: 

Thanks, guys.

57 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

ok how'd you get so many FAST packs?  and where from? haha.

Just from keeping an eye on the usual sites like Mandarake, Jungle, Amazon JP. Some came from extra Hi-Metal VF-1S Roys. I'm fairly certain that @sh9000 has more than I do.

For the record, I don't think it's been said yet.  But one of my favorite things about the VT-1 is the shiny metal color of it's feet.  Perfection.  Check out the reflection of the leg panel on the left foot.IMG_1650.thumb.JPG.2cea8e55d73fe1648f1d2d04deb61af6.JPG

Also for the record, I never noticed any orange miscoloration until I saw people talking about it here, and when I went back and checked I could barley see it.  Although I'm not fond of the concept of the DYRL 2-seaters in general (Hate the tiny tailfins), I actually love the HMR VT-1 as it was executed.

4 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I'm fairly certain that @sh9000 has more than I do.

I need to find the sticker sheets that came with them.

I was thinking of converting my spare Hikarus in blue jumpsuit from the VT-1s into Max and Kakizaki.  Maybe convert a spare Misa into Milia in TV uniform.

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Nice work there. With all those decals, it looks like the equivalent of a PF version. Are they waterslides?

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

"Hey Hayase, we're the only two people left on Earth. Want to start repopulating?"

:lol:

26 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I was thinking of converting my spare Hikarus in blue jumpsuit from the VT-1s into Max and Kakizaki.  Maybe convert a spare Misa into Milia in TV uniform.

You could sit them around a tiny table using the Fext armor seats, though you'd also want a custom Roy...

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 8.58.52 PM copy 2.png

20 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I need to find the sticker sheets that came with them.

Is there a scan of that sticker sheet available? Or... if you find them... could you make it available?

Mine should be shipped tomorrow with the Delta movie BD and will probably arrive Wednesday. Also, the voting on here is whatever and doesn't bother me, I just find it interesting which posts gets down voted since most of the time they seem pretty benign. Back to HM-R, though, is the next VF-2SS the only thing pending release now? I can't think of anything else having been announced or pre-orderable.

16 minutes ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

I haven't posted on this board in about...two years, is the Hi-Metal R line still just VF-1s and Zentradi machines or have they started doing stuff from 7 or Frontier?

Not just vf-1s and zentradi, there are Destroids and so far VF-2s from Macross 2. Also other Mecha from Dougram, Xabungle and Techno Police.