Hi-Metal R

joppewo

If you paid via paypal.....such damage is covered by their buyer protection services...you basically are looking at about a 30% reduction in resale price if you ever planned to sell it in the future....if you purchased it new and want it replaced or want to be compensated for your loss....I advise you do not open it and open a case with PayPal or your CC.....otherwise, looks like the damage was just to the box....toy is probably OK....for some, if not most, collectors....the box condition does matter and it is reasonable to take it into account as part of the total collectible item....

4 hours ago, Axelay said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why buying Macross items via Amazon may not be a good idea. I'm not sure where I should direct my anger first - the seller for shipping this in a padded envelope, or my mail carrier for literally cramming it into my box. While I have every intention of opening this, I am quite dismayed at its condition.

Oh man, that sucks!  ... and I just posted in the other thread that I got my VT-1 today from Amazon JP in perfect condition in just 3 days after placing the order. 

I feel your pain. :cray:

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Note that Amazon Japan, and Amazon are different companies.

I had assumed the battered Valk came from AJ, but you're right... Reading the post again he did say regular Amazon so now it makes more sense.  I've never had a problem with AJ.

21 hours ago, Axelay said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why buying Macross items via Amazon may not be a good idea. I'm not sure where I should direct my anger first - the seller for shipping this in a padded envelope, or my mail carrier for literally cramming it into my box. While I have every intention of opening this, I am quite dismayed at its condition.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience using Amazon for Macross stuff. Is the seller 'Amazon' or a third party? Usually if it's direct Amazon seller, they box the toy with some bubble plastic filler. But seeing the sender name on the label, I assumed it's a third party seller.

I know this is a bad practice and totally unacceptable. But to be honest, whether this came from a US seller or a Japanese seller, padded or unpadded, the one thing they will going to ask if you complain about it is if the item inside is broken or not. I had the same issues with HLJ before because I received some dented box but once they know if the item inside is not broken, then there's nothing they can do about it. For them, box is just a box. What matters to them is the content.

Just now, Lolicon said:

A 1/100 scale Saturn would be about 722 miles across. I don't think it will fit in most display cases. Definitely not a Detolf. 

Hahaha! You know I was just joking right? A good 'ol Photoshop print out as a backdrop will do just fine. ;)

9 hours ago, Axelay said:

IMG_20180814_143023.jpg

IMG_20180814_143036.jpg

That sucks that that happened... Amazon will likely do a refund just talk to one of the reps on an online chat, and they should refund, and maybe ship it

BUT...

the main reason I am posting this is to tell you to delete your third picture... it has your address visible!

7 hours ago, milhouse said:

That sucks that that happened... Amazon will likely do a refund just talk to one of the reps on an online chat, and they should refund, and maybe ship it

BUT...

the main reason I am posting this is to tell you to delete your third picture... it has your address visible! 

And it appears in the quotes too...wonder if those can be deleted.

Got my shipping notice from CDJ and my valk is now in the country. Not sure when the post man will deliver it though...

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience using Amazon for Macross stuff. Is the seller 'Amazon' or a third party? Usually if it's direct Amazon seller, they box the toy with some bubble plastic filler. But seeing the sender name on the label, I assumed it's a third party seller.

I know this is a bad practice and totally unacceptable. But to be honest, whether this came from a US seller or a Japanese seller, padded or unpadded, the one thing they will going to ask if you complain about it is if the item inside is broken or not. I had the same issues with HLJ before because I received some dented box but once they know if the item inside is not broken, then there's nothing they can do about it. For them, box is just a box. What matters to them is the content.

Which is why you should always pay via paypal.....they recognize damage to collectible boxes is important to their customers ;)

That White and blue logo envelope is a Amazon shipped Amazon prime order. You would file a complaint with Amazon not the seller. 
Amazon has been delivering all of their exclusive TF’s the same way, in a bagged envelope the post office works shove in to small parcel lockers. 

16 hours ago, treatment said:

meanwhile,

hmr sunset beach-ii...

hmr-sunset-beachii.thumb.jpg.d12aa84569dd322ad1afb57ae0bea0c2.jpg

That color difference between the molded plastic and painted parts is really unfortunate.

I know there have been other pictures where the difference isn't so noticeable, but it's still disappointing to see it...particularly the divide between the cockpit and the fuselage.

7 minutes ago, Toonz said:

I made my payment to AmiAmi 2 days ago for the VT-1 and haven't heard from them since.

Wrote in 3 times and not getting any response at all.

Did the people in Ami decide to stop working or just don't feel like checking emails?

Actually yes. They posted on their website that they would be off for holiday until today. By the look of their site, they seem to be back in action with new items listed for the 16th. 

2 hours ago, Toonz said:

I made my payment to AmiAmi 2 days ago for the VT-1 and haven't heard from them since.

Wrote in 3 times and not getting any response at all.

Did the people in Ami decide to stop working or just don't feel like checking emails?

I just got my shipping notice from them a few hours ago

On 8/15/2018 at 12:12 AM, milhouse said:

BUT...

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I appreciate that! And thanks to Roy for jumping in and removing it. I wasn't even thinking about that when I posted. Duh.

30 minutes ago, Decker said:

This may sound like noobie question. I was wondering if Super armor from a HMR will fit on an OHM Valkyrie....

Anyone have any experience with this?

I currently have only HMRs so I can not test it out myself. 

Thanks

Decker

As far as I know, they fit. People here have been purchasing the OHM Super parts sets and using them with HMR figures, so it should work the other way around.

Edited by Convectuoso
typo