Hi-Metal R

joppewo

50 minutes ago, the_foul_fowl said:

Got the correct leg armor from a trade with SuperDimensionalDave. :D Thanks a lot! 

MWorld rocks! B)) 

Glad we could help each other out. MW=Winning! Lol

On 6/12/2018 at 7:02 AM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

@sh9000, that's an interesting experiment. Looks pretty cool. If you took off the super parts and mixed in some blue pieces from Max, you'd almost have an Angel Birds vibe.

Thanks.  I might start working a little on some more customs next week.  The Cavaliers would be first and maybe an Angel Birds after that.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  I might start working a little on some more customs next week.  The Cavaliers would be first and maybe an Angel Birds after that.

Those will be nice to see in HMR....especially since official HMR versions are not likely...but you never know

As for the super vf-1a calf armor issue, I managed to get BANDAI Japan to send me the replacement parts. 

As many of the members have reported, they normally do not support anyone outside of Japan. I think i got lucky being persistent and stood on my ground. 

They first asked where the product was purchased (mine was from seller from Japan), and asked if I have an address in Japan thinking that I probably wont. 

I went to Teso.com and got the address. argued with them for a week they finally gave in and agreed to send over the parts to teso warehouse where teso will ship me the parts. 

Bandai was pretty clear that they will not support anymore and that it was an one time exception. 

so If you did buy the item from seller from Japan, send an email and make your case. Who knows you might get lucky.   (although, the shipping from teso costing me 25 bucks canadian via EMS).

Wow, that's actually a first, I've never heard of them actually servicing a request for replacement anything, not without shipping the entire product back.

Makes me wonder if they've had a huge issue with this part mix-up in Japan, and had to make extra batches of the leg armors to fix all the screw-ups.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:39 AM, mpower1226 said:

As for the super vf-1a calf armor issue, I managed to get BANDAI Japan to send me the replacement parts. 

Man, that's really awesome; nice job making that happen!  I bought mine from a US-based Ebay seller, so I'm pretty sure it would be a waste of time for me to try this same approach.

My replacement VF-1A Super Hikaru Ichijo should be here any day now.  I got my entire order fixed with MyKombini.  They just sometimes take a few days that's all.

I also have six VT-1 on pre-order.  I am considering ordering 4 more.  But there's more valks to come and I'm not sure how many of those I will get.  Sucks that I missed out on the strike valkyries when they got released but oh well.

Edited by amptor

On 6/12/2018 at 11:02 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

@tekering, that is a really nice looking diorama. Keep us updated with any future progress!

I've added some rudimentary markings...

markings.thumb.jpg.ab3f5478278331af9d267a68aca75d49.jpg

...and installed some lighting effects...

progress.thumb.jpg.44a992588c1f30b6b40ceb98ba429054.jpg

Lots of work still to do...!  :mellow:

I've seen that one pop up multiple times on HLJ over the time since it was released, so I suspect that Bandai actually keeps producing them at some small rate.  Outside of Roy's 1S, I think that's probably the most iconic design of the original series, so it wouldn't surprise me if they keep popping them out.

Hi Mykombini shipped me one that has two LH left hand right leg armor pieces.  Does anyone have a right RH side one for trade?  This is annoying the heck out of me.  I am also missing the pilot now.

For now it's being held on with some weak Scotch / 3M double sided tape but no pilot :\

edit: ok I guess these guys think I am STUPID so I'm disputing the transaction with paypal and if that won't work, with the credit card. Escalated the claim, apparently paypal won't do anything if you don't lol.  I'll re-order elsewhere.

Edited by amptor

MyKombini just sent me this email:

MESSAGE FROM MYKOMBINI

You have received a new message from MyKombini regarding order with the reference FFEGCGHUD.

MyKombini 

I think that www.macrossworld.com should add this site www.mykombini.com to their black list of bad traders.

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

Your beef is with Harmony gold.

Why, do they run MyKombini or the factory that messed up the packaging of the HMR VF-1A?

Obviously rhetorical - but Harmony Gold has nothing to do with either of these issues. And if we're saying that if it weren't for HG's stranglehold on Macross preventing us from getting these items locally that's very much putting the cart before the horse. A lot of local sellers are sh!tty too.

Anyway, good luck to Amptor and everyone else whose 1A's have missing or incorrect pieces.

-b.

LOL Harmony Gold that's a good one.  But unfortunately MyKombini is being a-holes about this and I'm done with it.  Paypal reimbursed me for shipping prior to shipping it out just now and they are going to receive the item back.  And I'm going to buy my dozens upon dozens of valkyries elsewhere.

I dropped those d***s at MyKombini a nice little unformal letter in the box and sealed it up. This b**** is going out tomorrow morning.

Yep paypal dropped a nice chunk of $ change into my account for me and I printed the label out.  I definitely have found better deals elsewhere.  I don't need MyKombini.

BTW LAST but not least!!! thanks for all your moral support.  AND THANK YOU for posting news on which toys are being released and a special thanks to the Original Poster (aka OP!)

Thanks guys.

edit: re-ordered from a better site for the same price.  hopefully all goes well.  thanks again.

Edited by amptor

2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Most of the Japanese sellers won't deal with these kinds of problems. Bandai should recognize the problem and get spares to the sellers.

I completely agree with you @easnoddy. I'm still waiting on ami ami to reply to my second email.. Well they said it would take about a month, so I guess I have two more weeks to go.

1 minute ago, Lupe said:

I completely agree with you @easnoddy. I'm still waiting on ami ami to reply to my second email.. Well they said it would take about a month, so I guess I have two more weeks to go.

I'm in the same boat as you, Ami Ami told me weeks ago that they would ship out a replacement part, but that  it would take several weeks to ship out.  We'll see if it ever shows up.  Anyone that ordered from Ami Ami should get in touch with them, it looks like they are trying to make it right.

2 hours ago, amptor said:

LOL Harmony Gold that's a good one.  But unfortunately MyKombini is being a-holes about this and I'm done with it.  Paypal reimbursed me for shipping prior to shipping it out just now and they are going to receive the item back.  And I'm going to buy my dozens upon dozens of valkyries elsewhere.

I dropped those d***s at MyKombini a nice little unformal letter in the box and sealed it up. This b**** is going out tomorrow morning.

Yep paypal dropped a nice chunk of $ change into my account for me and I printed the label out.  I definitely have found better deals elsewhere.  I don't need MyKombini.

BTW LAST but not least!!! thanks for all your moral support.  AND THANK YOU for posting news on which toys are being released and a special thanks to the Original Poster (aka OP!)

Thanks guys.

edit: re-ordered from a better site for the same price.  hopefully all goes well.  thanks again.

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with MyKombini. Hopefully your new will come in with no problems. 

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Why, do they run MyKombini or the factory that messed up the packaging of the HMR VF-1A?

Obviously rhetorical - but Harmony Gold has nothing to do with either of these issues. And if we're saying that if it weren't for HG's stranglehold on Macross preventing us from getting these items locally that's very much putting the cart before the horse. A lot of local sellers are sh!tty too.

Anyway, good luck to Amptor and everyone else whose 1A's have missing or incorrect pieces.

-b.

BW makes it explicitly clear to all licensees they can't do any business outside of Japan due to HG shenanigans. This is why you can't reach out to Bandai directly and get replacement parts for Bandai's obvious flub. For example, when I bought a ThreeZero Votoms toy that needed a replacement part, I went to ThreeZero before I went to my retailer and ThreeZero tried to make it right (though they failed.. so not great example). MyKombini has a return policy and they say "If you need to return something, it has to be complete and in like new condition and you pay return shipping." If they do anything less than that, then totally their bad. 

1 hour ago, DewPoint said:

I find it a little odd that there are a lot more people with 2 left leg armor than there are with 2 right.  You would figure that the distribution would be a bit more even.

I imagine a large Japanese retailer like Yodobashi Camera probably got stuck with a lot of sets with 2 right armor pieces...

14 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Care to post a list of the base parts used in case I commit to building one? I recognise the Armored Factory but that's it.

Sure, once it's completed for the contest this weekend.

10 hours ago, Lupe said:

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with MyKombini. Hopefully your new will come in with no problems. 

Thanks I don't expect to have any problem with the new one.  MyKombini should not have sent me a double taped item back.  I bought a "new" one off them after all.  They just think I am some "dumb yankee" that's all.  If we were so dumb, we wouldn't have won that war.  lol.  Basically that kept the Russians out of there which is all they were worried about.  Not us.

^Not cool dude. I get that you're frustrated with MyKombini, but I don't think these types of comments are relevant or appropriate here.

I didn't down vote you, but I think you should consider editing your post.

2 hours ago, amptor said:

Thanks I don't expect to have any problem with the new one.  MyKombini should not have sent me a double taped item back.  I bought a "new" one off them after all.  They just think I am some "dumb yankee" that's all.  If we were so dumb, we wouldn't have won that war.  lol.  Basically that kept the Russians out of there which is all they were worried about.  Not us.

FOH with this.

This is from the grandson of a WW2 combat vet of the PTO

Let’s take it down a notch guys.  Jerks are jerks but let’s not get political or paint broad stripes over people.  We’re here about the toys and nothing else.  Only thing I want to come back in here is when Bandai releases the Tomahawk.  

17 hours ago, amptor said:

MyKombini just sent me this email:

MESSAGE FROM MYKOMBINI

You have received a new message from MyKombini regarding order with the reference FFEGCGHUD.

MyKombini 

I think that www.macrossworld.com should add this site www.mykombini.com to their black list of bad traders.

WOW, this is incredible. Do you have a twitter? You should share it and tag mykombini, bandai and arcadia. I will certainly be boycotting them. Thanks for sharing

Sorry to hear your experience with MyKombini and totally understand the frustration from your perspective, but I also think that others have a point when they pointed out that the vendors' hands are probably tied if Bandai isn't helpful in sending out spare replacement parts in the first place.  Have you tried swapping the armor parts with fellow MW members?  Anyway I hope you will get your replacement soon.