Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

When fireworks are going off in the air, people traditionally shout out "Tamaya!" and "Kagiya!" in celebration.

I was just celebrating @borgified joining the VT-1 party!

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. Good to know. ;)

I was actually waffling on the HMR Super O as I wanted to get the VF-31s instead; however after seeing the pre-orders for the VF-31s close days later, I didn't want to take the chance on the Super O orders. One less thing to worry about now.  Kampai!! :drinks:

4 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Bandai's website currently shows a list price for the VT-1 as 9,720¥, so HLJ's 9,000¥ is a bit of a discount (10%)...although nothing like the other vendor discounts.

Looking back, Bandai listed the upcoming VF-1A Hikaru Super as 9,504¥. HLJ's listed retail is 8,800 (a discount of 7.04%) and they're actually selling it for 8,360¥ (a discount of 12.04%).

So, I don't think HLJ is really off their own mark, just when compared to other retailers. Ultimately just happy I was able to secure a pre-order.

Here's looking to the future, and hoping the Tomahawk is announced before the end of the year! That's the one I've really been looking forward to.

*sorry. This was in response to amptor's "9000 yen at hlj lol" comment. :)

The 9,720¥ from Bandai's website includes sales tax, the MSRP without tax is 9,000¥

5 hours ago, amptor said:

sh9000 how many did you order this time? I ordered six.

I ordered four VT-1’s.  Two of them to open and display with the different pilots, one to customize, and one to keep MISB.

Edited by sh9000

There’s a few places that still have it but not necessarily at the cheapest price.

Got a payment request from NY for my 2 VF-1A Hikarus.  I might pay later tonight or this week.

Edited by sh9000

47 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Hmm... I was staring at the VT-1 preorder half the day at work today, wasn't sure how many I wanted to get.  Now it is closed.  :unsure:

Hope it opens up again soon.

I ordered one from bandaionline.com a day before the PO date, for $93.80 shipped.  Fearing that I had never ordered from them before, I got another order in from N-Y this morning US time for 8720 yen as backup. I was surprised to see that they are now sold out - for an HMR toy the PO window seemed to stay open for a lot longer than I thought.

Edited by rdrunner

15 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I ordered one from bandaionline.com a day before the PO date, for $93.80 shipped.  Fearing that I had never ordered from them before, I got another order in from N-Y this morning US time for 8720 yen as backup. I was surprised to see that they are now sold out - for an HMR toy the PO window seemed to stay open for a lot longer than I thought.

We already warned members about that online shop so please be cautious. 

11 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Pre-ordered two VT-1's, one with HLJ and the other with AmiAmi. B))

hlj has a 1 per order limit and no discount. Amiami has a 3 order limit. The latter would be practical imho.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Hmm... I was staring at the VT-1 preorder half the day at work today, wasn't sure how many I wanted to get.  Now it is closed.  :unsure:

Hope it opens up again soon.

Amiami is still open

10 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

I'm not going to pre-order a VT-1 until there's confirmation that he head can be folded away in non-FP fighter mode. I didn't pre-order the VE-1 and had no problem getting it at a decent price, so I'm not worried about the VT-1.

Given the scale, can it be done?

FIGURE-038326_02.jpg

Edited by fenrir72

13 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

hlj has a 1 per order limit and no discount. Amiami has a 3 order limit. The latter would be practical imho.

I've never has a single issue ever with HLJ, so it's worth the extra $$ for piece of mind. AmiAmi has proved to be responsible as well. 

1 minute ago, 505thAirborne said:

I've never has a single issue ever with HLJ, so it's worth the extra $$ for piece of mind. AmiAmi has proved to be responsible as well. 

hlj's advantage is yup they can cancel anytime. Though I wonder why they didn't implement some price shaving this time.

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

We already warned members about that online shop so please be cautious. 

Aw crap I wish I had asked before putting down my money through paypal. Though if push comes to shove, I won't be shy about escalating with paypal (it was via a BofA credit card purchase through PP), and if other fellow members were able to get a refund in the end, I think I should be ok because of the backup purchase with N-Y.  But then again I am assuming they will come through with the PO, while we are both in the same boat for the VF-31 PO....

Thanks for the reminder and the warning though.  Lesson learned = always check reliability of an online retailer!

1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

Given the scale, can it be done?

FIGURE-038326_02.jpg

40 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

I doubt it. Since I consider it one of the VT-1's signature features, it'll be an easy pass for me if it's not there. My wallet won't be complaining either. ^_^

I take it that you haven't checked the VT-1 line art posted on pg 457?

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I take it that you haven't checked the VT-1 line art posted on pg 457?

That’s why the question is, can it be done in this HMR format? And I think it’s also @TheLoneWolf posted the lineart that shows the head is stowed away in fighter mode. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'm going to wait until the deadline to pay NY unless I see positive movement on the 31a beforehand.

I’ll prob wait until the end of the week.

But the forex is tanking like a mofo lol

I wonder what will come out next.  Anyone know what type of announcement will be coming up? :)  Some hobby show, etc?

They really need to do a VF-1A max.  That was one of the draws of the movie imho.

Edited by amptor

24 minutes ago, amptor said:

I wonder what will come out next.  Anyone know what type of announcement will be coming up? :)  Some hobby show, etc?

They really need to do a VF-1A max.  That was one of the draws of the movie imho.

Since this is a HMR thread, crossing fingers and toes for a HMR VF-4 in FB colors....or valk launch arm....and perhaps a N-ger.......and maybe a regult scout....

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Since this is a HMR thread, crossing fingers and toes for a HMR VF-4 in FB colors....or valk launch arm....and perhaps a N-ger.......and maybe a regult scout....

I passed on the Arcadia re-release of the VF-4 last year, but if there's a FB color version in the HMR line, I would be quite happy to get one (or more). I am not a fan of the battroid mode but the fighter mode looks gorgeous, especially if it comes in the OVA color scheme.

23 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I passed on the Arcadia re-release of the VF-4 last year, but if there's a FB color version in the HMR line, I would be quite happy to get one (or more). I am not a fan of the battroid mode but the fighter mode looks gorgeous, especially if it comes in the OVA color scheme.

The VF-4's arms are too darn short. I just cannot imagine it ever getting into hand-to-hand combat with anything.

I do wonder if there is such a thing as Super or Strike parts for the VF-4.

Can someone help me, i am new to Hi Metal R, only had Yamato in the past... yes, it's been a while

So i am thinking of getting the VF-1S Messer colors, as i found it for cheaper.  It is missing armor though / or fast packs, but maybe i can wait for a future armor one day...  My favorite is the VF-1s red stripe one, and then maybe super vf-1J Max (these both look the best by far), but those are now secondary market pretty much, not preorder cheaper price, so... i cant get those yet.  Not interested in the VE-1 or VT-1 because i dont like their batroid mode, only their fighter / gerwalk modes.  DO you guys recommend the messer repaint as only one purchase?  Problem is, i aint got the cash to do a few, and have space for 1 that i want to display with my Yamato and figma figurines, or just keep at work ;)

What do you guys think are possibilities that Bandai might still do for original Macross, or that has been shown but not released yet?  Or is it pretty much done after the VF-1A (dont like the head, otherwise, i would be on the new one coming out...

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Edited by Arthurius

1 hour ago, Arthurius said:

Can someone help me, i am new to Hi Metal R, only had Yamato in the past... yes, it's been a while

So i am thinking of getting the VF-1S Messer colors, as i found it for cheaper.  It is missing armor though / or fast packs, but maybe i can wait for a future armor one day...  My favorite is the VF-1s red stripe one, and then maybe super vf-1J Max (these both look the best by far), but those are now secondary market pretty much, not preorder cheaper price, so... i cant get those yet.  Not interested in the VE-1 or VT-1 because i dont like their batroid mode, only their fighter / gerwalk modes.  DO you guys recommend the messer repaint as only one purchase?  Problem is, i aint got the cash to do a few, and have space for 1 that i want to display with my Yamato and figma figurines, or just keep at work ;)

What do you guys think are possibilities that Bandai might still do for original Macross, or that has been shown but not released yet?  Or is it pretty much done after the VF-1A (dont like the head, otherwise, i would be on the new one coming out...

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Unless you have mad skill in painting it that is.