Hi-Metal R

joppewo

VT-1 pre-order availability..............................

AmiAmi: 8240 yen, open

Hobby Link Japan: 9000 yen, open

Nippon-Yasan: 7080 yen, open

CDJapan: 7650 yen, opem

Hobby Search:  8100 yen, closed

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

7 minutes ago, Smiley424 said:

All gone at CDJapan.  I tried to order one there and cancel my Hobbysearch preorder, but no dice.  I still have my Hobbysearch preorder, so it's all good, a couple bucks.

there's more opening at cdjapan now, some people must have cancelled when they went N-Y

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

600yen per shipping? thats nice!

Slow boat eh...

Yeah I’ve been using this option more often whenever it’s cheaper than Eco SAL. I used my discount code as well.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Nice, NY opened earlier than usual and lowest price, as usual.

Yeah as always.  They’ve gotten better at listing items earlier.  Hope that continues for future HMR releases.

30 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

It jumped from 1 remaining to 2 remaining.  It will be 5 remaining later.

LOL, you were right! It's been jumping around. Currently at 6 in stock.

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah I’ve been using this option more often whenever it’s cheaper than Eco SAL. I used my discount code as well.

Yeah as always.  They’ve gotten better at listing items earlier.  Hope that continues for future HMR releases.

Hope so. I don't mind going to sleep earlier even though I planned to be up for another two hours or more if needed.

Cdjapan and N-Y pricing is not all that different , with similar shipping it's only off by a bit.  And if you add in cdjapan's normal 3% reward points and their bonus points , then Cdjapan will end up cheaper.  Since it's a standard release, it will be shipped out faster too.B)) 

8 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Ah right. Thats good that your previous purchases have helped you get an even lower average shipping price per item.

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice, NY opened earlier than usual and lowest price, as usual.

Yeah, i compared N-Y and CDJ for mine and the difference is 130yen in N-Y's favor after shipping.

I probably will keep CDJ still tho, cos the points will come in in future just like in sh9000's case.
Cos i can use the points towards DX purchases, i rather go with CDJ too,  N-Y for DX purchasing is a gamble.

Edited by seti88

4 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

2 from NY for me!

Congrats!

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

LOL, you were right! It's been jumping around. Currently at 6 in stock.

Hope so. I don't mind going to sleep earlier even though I planned to be up for another two hours or more if needed.

Yeah I think I’ll continue to use CDJ as a backup if they’re cheaper than the first stores that go up.  Then easily cancel when NY comes around.  I was already prepared for 2:24 and 3:24 AM from the VE-1 and VF-1A Hikaru preorders.  Now I’ll keep track of 12:51 AM.

4 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Ah right. Thats good that your previous purchases have helped you get an even lower average shipping price per item.

Yeah, i compared N-Y and CDJ for mine and the difference is 130yen in N-Y's favor after shipping.

I probably will keep CDJ still tho, cos the points will come in in future just like in sh9000's case.
Cos i can use the points towards DX purchases, i rather go with CDJ too,  N-Y for DX purchasing is a gamble.

Yeah, I like CDJ too but their pricing is very inconsistent. Their last few items were priced the same as HLJ and HLJ's pricing has gone up a lot lately. I was surprised to see CDJ price this one lower than everyone but NY.

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

Congrats!

Yeah I think I’ll continue to use CDJ as a backup if they’re cheaper than the first stores that go up.  Then easily cancel when NY comes around.  I was already prepared for 2:24 and 3:24 AM from the VE-1 and VF-1A Hikaru preorders.  Now I’ll keep track of 12:51 AM.

Yeah, again CDJ is cool but they are inconsistent with pricing and for the hard to get items, their website is the most sketchy to me. Always seem to have login problems or other strange issues with tough preorders there.

I'm glad this one was easy.

YMMV.  CDJ is limit 3.  NY is not limit 3.  NY had a cheaper shipping option.  CDJ did not have this cheaper shipping option.  CDJ payment with paypal is pay now.  NY has a pay later option.  I stuck with NY to order 4.  B))

Edited by sh9000

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

My CDJ order is only charged when item is shipped. The credit card authorization is a requirement of course.

I think if you use PayPal they charge you up front. Not sure though, I use a cc. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

My CDJ order is only charged when item is shipped. The credit card authorization is a requirement of course.

Never understood the difference with this. Might as well et charged right away. The only way i'd want to wait is if my card was maxed but then the authorization won't go through anyway.

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I used to have a TRU credit card linked with CDJ but that card is useless for rewards now.

12 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Never understood the difference with this. Might as well et charged right away. The only way i'd want to wait is if my card was maxed but then the authorization won't go through anyway.

The difference is, money in hand that can be used for other things is worth more to some people. Paying up front for something is basically giving the shops free loans. I never pay up front if I don't have to.

21 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

YMMV.  CDJ is limit 3.  NY is not limit 3.  NY had a cheaper shipping option.  CDJ did not have this cheaper shipping option.  CDJ payment with paypal is pay now.  NY has a pay later option.  I stuck with NY to order 4.  B))

I think N-Y is good for bulk orders of HMR. Plus HMR's don't have that pre-order madness as much a DX.
Hmm you could start ur own store with the savings you get..lol....

16 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Probably cos you can cancel from CDJ at any time b4 processing, they might want to avoid situations where there is a need to reverse months old charge from the credit card?

And also if you had already paid your credit card statement...its complicated...maybe bank gurus can explain better here

Edited by seti88

I think N-Y is good for bulk orders of HMR. Plus HMR's don't have that pre-order madness as much a DX.
Hmm you could start ur own store with the savings you get..lol....

Probably cos you can cancel from CDJ at any time b4 processing, they might want to avoid situations where there is a need to reverse months old charge from the credit card?

Yeah the totaled savings are always used to buy other things in general for cheaper or to buy more HMR.

CDJ is a good option but I rarely buy anything from them so the points would just expire.  I don’t even use their free points they send me.

This was remarkably easy; I guess it isn't as popular a release as most were expecting it to be.  I did not stay up for the preorder rush and was able to secure a copy -- 1 is all I want -- with N-Y for a total of 8,470¥ by regular SAL, and I notice that it's still readily available through Amiami (not discounted enough), HLJ (no discount at all), and N-Y.  I'm glad to have decided that sleep was more important this go-around. :)