Hi-Metal R

joppewo

14 hours ago, borgified said:

I have a copy of the HMR VF-2ss on the way from Manda, while the Trident stages are sold out (except for the blue base version that is on discount on AmiAmi); I was thinking about using the Bandai Action Base 4/5 Clear (as I have the Tamashii Stage Act 5 attachments). Are there any objections in using this format?

Looks like the HMR VE-1 is getting snapped up quickly these days.. Hopefully that there's more for the rest of us that wants one copy after missing the pre-order deadline. 

I just got a Trident Plus, but I'm using it to display a Legioss in fighter mode. I may use the Glaug's base for the VF-2SS 

14 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Great use of the trident, @sh9000! Is Roy on a separate stand? Or an extra arm branching off the front?

Thanks!  Roy is on a support arm attached to the front.  Nice pics @ScrambledValkyrie and @derex3592 and good use of the stand @ScrambledValkyrie.

Edited by sh9000

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Your VE-1 pilots are thinking "Ummm, how come we don't any missiles or a Gun Pod with us?" :lol:

weeeellll... if Bandai had been polite enough to put hardpoints on the wings, like Yamato was nice enough to.. they would have missiles and not be about to be blown to bits!!! :lol:

20160221_172324.jpg

8 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

weeeellll... if Bandai had been polite enough to put hardpoints on the wings, like Yamato was nice enough to.. they would have missiles and not be about to be blown to bits!!! :lol:

20160221_172324.jpg

Nice!! Those missiles look wicked on the VE-1! 

7 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

20160221_172324.jpg

Nice is that a V1 or a V2 super ostrich?  I own the V1 but never took it out of the box.

7 minutes ago, borgified said:

Wishful thinking here folks: Since that the HMR VE-1 has been released, do you think that Arcadia will produce their version of the Elintseeker (after all, they're redesigning the SV-51)? :huh: 

I'm confused. Are you saying if Arcadia will produce an all new Elintseeker or re-release their previous Elintseeker? Because they already have it under their Version 2 VF-1's. At this point in time, I don't expect Arcadia will redesign a Version 3 of their VF-1's. They've been milking that 10 year old mold ever since. You never know they might re-release their Elintseeker in Premium Finish format down the road if that's your liking. ;)

22 minutes ago, amptor said:

I'm not really concerned with Arcadia and their overpriced valks *chuckle*  If they do I likely won't buy unless it is under $200 wishful thinking.  I am guessing a 1/60 would be over $300.

I'm hoping for an Arcadia release.  I doubt it will crest $300 before shipping, but even if it does, that is about what you'd pay for a used v2 elintseeker right now.  If you want a v2 ve-1, (and I do) Arcadia is our only real hope for getting it at a semi-sane price.

But I wouldn't fault anyone for skipping it.  I'm personally waiting another month or 2, if we don't hear anything from Arcadia, I'll probably just grab an HMR ve-1 and live with that.

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm confused. Are you saying if Arcadia will produce an all new Elintseeker or re-release their previous Elintseeker? Because they already have it under their Version 2 VF-1's. At this point in time, I don't expect Arcadia will redesign a Version 3 of their VF-1's. They've been milking that 10 year old mold ever since. You never know they might re-release their Elintseeker in Premium Finish format down the road if that's your liking. ;)

I meant to say re-lease of the Elintseeker (with tweeks if needed). Premium Finish format will definitely will take a beating to my wallet and my budget! :(  

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

I meant to say re-lease of the Elintseeker (with tweeks if needed). Premium Finish format will definitely will take a beating to my wallet and my budget! :(  

Ha! You think such 're-tweeking' done by Arcadia will not cost you too the way they charge nowadays? ;) 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

And Bandai is milking an 8 year old mold with their HMR VF-1. Did you guys think that crap was brand new? :p

I consider the HMR VFs "overpriced" as well. *chuckle* They cost as much as 1/60 toys from 10 years ago but are vastly inferior in quality. We are living in the past, right? ;)

A premium finish VE-1 might be interesting, but I'm not sure I like it enough to drop that kind of money on it. Not being a hero unit also hurts its chances of that happening.