Hi-Metal R

joppewo

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

A4551BD0-2DE0-419A-A09E-21A2CDC34642.jpeg.f0c0edbedba4203a4e16cd0eb0ab7fe5.jpeg

This is awesome. Reminds me of the Yamato VF-1J transformation display. ;) 

4 hours ago, QEssential said:

Has the hi-metal line been re-issued before? Looking to get a VF-1S Hikaru and Roy.

If you're asking the original line (VF Hi-Metal), no. Both of them however were renewed in the Hi-Metal R line initial releases. But as of this moment there's no info if those two are getting reissues.

11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Ok, this is just awesome.  Makes me really tempted to repaint one somewhere down the road. :D Might have to order a pair of Nexx ones when they come out to make a couple custom schemes.

11 hours ago, Dobber said:

Whoa, that looks really nice!

Chris

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That Roy color VF-2SS looks really good!

Yeah it’s a cool scheme.  I’ll have some custom options so I might end up trying one.  These are cool too.

16ADA28D-ECE2-46B6-9940-E9850EF13546.jpeg.df3bd1f4f02385ca8ed1a32c2f9a4ea0.jpeg

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This is awesome. Reminds me of the Yamato VF-1J transformation display. ;) 

I’d love to have a transformation display with HMR VF-1J Hikaru’s but I don’t think I have enough.  I might try it with my CF VF-1A’s

@F360: Don't you love those hidden messages that they try to entice you with? :p

@barurutor: Actually N-Y has sent me this a few years back when I ordered the Hi-Metal R VF-1S Roy and I still have it with me presently. As a gearhead by trade, I actually did further digging and discovered that Ken Okuyama did help out in the design of the Enzo Ferrari and the Kode 7 (it looks more of the Ariel Atom car than the X-Bow IMO), plus the various Shinkansen trains that are being used to get around Japan.

DSC00629.JPG

On 12/14/2017 at 3:47 AM, Convectuoso said:

Could you please post those scanned sticker sheets here?

Oh I didn't know about that particular thread. I'll dig through my scans and see what I can upload.

21 hours ago, wm cheng said:

WOW!!!  That looks fantastic @Lolicon  Congrats, can't wait to see it all put back together again.

Thanks! But it's just the main valk that's almost done. I haven't started on the SAP. I think I'll take your advice and flat coat them so they don't look so cheap and plastic...ky? That's not a real word... :D

56 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

That's the first VF-2SS premium finish I see, it looks damn good.

Thank you, kind sir! :lol:

Finally got my VF-2SS today.  Actually it arrived yesterday.  During yesterday morning I checked the shipping status.  It was still listed as being on route to my local post office.  That was lie as it arrived and already on a truck on its away towards me.  I was home all day and nobody knocked on my door.  I just got the pick up your package note tomorrow at the post office.   Not the first time I had to deal with lazy delivery people who refuse to move than 20ft away from their truck.

I have yet to transform it out of battroid mode.  I was trying but a cat kept trying to get in my way and some parts popped off.  This toy feels like complex and fragile engineering master piece.  At this scale I'm afraid it will break or simply become a floppy mess with over handling.  Instead I armed with fast packs and the rifle.  Fact you have to remove a tiny little square in the limbs in order to plug in the fast packs is ridiculous.  Those pieces are so tiny.  If accidently drop one on the floor you'll never find it.  This toy looks great but it feels like snap together model kit than actual toy.

9 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Finally got my VF-2SS today.  Actually it arrived yesterday.  During yesterday morning I checked the shipping status.  It was still listed as being on route to my local post office.  That was lie as it arrived and already on a truck on its away towards me.  I was home all day and nobody knocked on my door.  I just got the pick up your package note tomorrow at the post office.   Not the first time I had to deal with lazy delivery people who refuse to move than 20ft away from their truck.

I have yet to transform it out of battroid mode.  I was trying but a cat kept trying to get in my way and some parts popped off.  This toy feels like complex and fragile engineering master piece.  At this scale I'm afraid it will break or simply become a floppy mess with over handling.  Instead I armed with fast packs and the rifle.  Fact you have to remove a tiny little square in the limbs in order to plug in the fast packs is ridiculous.  Those pieces are so tiny.  If accidently drop one on the floor you'll never find it.  This toy looks great but it feels like snap together model kit than actual toy.

Good to hear it arrived! When transforming it into Fighter, just take your time with those leg joints, takes a bit of fiddling around get them straight. Once in place the 2SS looks really good!

Finally had time to mess with 2SS. Made the mistake of also taking out the ET one for a comparison shot. It reminded me just how bad the ET one is. 

Granted, the amount of small parts needed to be taken out of the HMR for SAP attachment was very surprising: four Tony bits for arms and legs armors and one long narrow bit for attachment of display stand adaptor plus better stability. 

Once I get pass that and the showing of the skeleton, I like it enough for what it is. :)

Vfxns0Uh.jpg

Xt5Rcrwh.jpg

Edited by locidm

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Reassembled my VF-2SS and took a few quick pictures. Man, that heat shield gap...

Will get some fighter pics later; going to see TLJ right now. :)

5a3588bac0bcc_VF-2SS01.thumb.jpg.9ab1f6b8165b82d5b1637a79649c001e.jpg

5a3588bc5cffd_VF-2SS02.thumb.jpg.bd4c9e3203a936e49bbf139cedd5097a.jpg

5a3588bddf6e7_VF-2SS03.thumb.jpg.8e5702987da8e9b6eda98022e4534222.jpg

5a3588c003776_VF-2SS04.thumb.jpg.e2b685d3de77e7f7369cb4686519bb69.jpg

Dear Bandai, if you ever make a DX 2SS, this is your example to go by!! 

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Regult reinforcements have arrived!

reinforcements.thumb.jpg.6b9c9a78993f1ef08f1865e7c95851ba.jpg

Perfect!  :good:  ;) 

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Reassembled my VF-2SS and took a few quick pictures. Man, that heat shield gap...

Will get some fighter pics later; going to see TLJ right now. :)

5a3588bac0bcc_VF-2SS01.thumb.jpg.9ab1f6b8165b82d5b1637a79649c001e.jpg

5a3588bc5cffd_VF-2SS02.thumb.jpg.bd4c9e3203a936e49bbf139cedd5097a.jpg

Looks awesome! Since you added UNSpacy, did you consider to replace the marking on the wings with proper kite logo? ^_^

8 hours ago, tekering said:

Regult reinforcements have arrived!

heavy_regult.thumb.jpg.8c7b4941eebd03c9c742c374b97ce88e.jpg

That looks freaking awesome!

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks awesome! Since you added UNSpacy, did you consider to replace the marking on the wings with proper kite logo? ^_^

Isn't it still the UN Spacy in the MII timeline? I was wishing ET provided some stickers of the MII kite emblem so I could use it elsewhere. :ph34r:

Maybe I'll switch it with a NUNS logo on my other one. :rolleyes: