Hi-Metal R

joppewo

This is awesome news (VT-1 can't be far behind) as I missed out on the old Yamato V.2's. However please tell me this is not until like the middle of next year, between three VF-2SS's. the SDF-1, and three other PO's I am tapped out $$$ wise. 

No seriously, I am the SDF-1 Wallet gif at this point! 

Edited by 505thAirborne

4 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

This is awesome news (VT-1 can't be far behind) as I missed out on the old Yamato V.2's. However please tell me this is not until like the middle of next year, between three VF-2SS's. the SDF-1, and three other PO's I am tapped out $$$ wise. 

I'd imagine it's January or February at the latest.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm going to guess 14k because Bandai can't reuse the add-on molds for another variant. 

i hope it isnt that high...

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I'm thinking/hoping under 10k. 

i dont think its that low

LOL.....

I hope it stays nearer to the sub 12k mark, since the VF-2SS with sap pack is already 15k. Am just judging from the amount of extra plastic use.
Max and milla were 9k with Packs, so the radome parts would fall inbetween the normal packs and the huge SAP packs.

What does everyone think? Not as much extra plastic as the SAP packs?

4 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Not sure what the whole announcement says but it definitely mentions January 2018 for something. Dunno if that means more info coming then or if those items will become available at that time.

2 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yeah, me too. I think VE-1 is more niche, while VT-1 is more iconic.

No HMR super/strike VF-1 has been priced above 10K so far. But as @Lolicon mentioned, there's a lot of pieces there they can't reuse in other releases. I'm guessing it will be more like 12K.

As much as i would like to also think re-usability of mold lowers the price, i think bandai still prices as per the amount of plastic used.
I dunno that's just an observation..

Looking forward to pr-order dates now...

Edited by seti88

5 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I think we had better prepare for the Elint Seeker to cost about the same as the VF-2SS.

If it's no more expensive than the VF-2SS that's acceptable. B))

If we start seeing prices like $165 and up for these two-seaters then I'll start being concerned about price. 

That's nice for everyone. A VE-1 release soon. ;)

Funny that I remember we used to criticize Arcadia's pricing on their VF-1 releases/reissues yet now a regular HM-R release cost us around Y10000-140000. Which is ironic because it's how much a Yamato 1/60 v2 going on back in the day... atleast. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

I'm changing my VE-1 price guess to somewhere between the price of the VF-1J Max which included parts for a stand and the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie.  It's a VF-1 with a similar amount of parts or less but includes a radome and different chest plate and nosecone.  It's smaller than the VF-2SS as well if they are in scale so maybe not closer to that price range.

Edited by sh9000

17 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

I'll admit I'm getting confused by everyone thinking it's going to be like 15k yen. My guess would be a little over Max, under $100 still at the worst. I'd legit be surprised if it's over $100.

To be fair, the VF-2SS set the high standard of 15k. It is a totally new mould, though.

The VE-1 shares a number of parts with other HM-R Valkyries, but also has a good number of mould-specific parts. I don't know if it will be as pricey as the VF-2SS but I tend to agree with the 12k guess that was already posted. In any event, we'll see when Bandai posts the official pre-order and MSRP info.

54 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Funny that I remember we used to criticize Arcadia's pricing on their VF-1 releases/reissues yet now a regular HM-R release cost us around Y10000-140000. Which is ironic because it's how much a Yamato 1/60 v2 going on back in the day... atleast. :rolleyes:

:lol:  It's not just me, huh?

By all accounts the 1/60 is the superior toy and prob more bang for your buck but the priest collar bugs me to no end and the head looks tiny. The 1/48 and HMR look more pleasing to me in battroid at least. 

But I agree the HMR is overpriced north of 10000JY without some serious extras. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

1/48 came with fixed posed hands which were as necessary as they are on the HMR. With them on, the arms don't detract too much.  Yamato clearly thought the crotch looked too low though and thus the priest collar was born. HMR does strike a nice balance. 

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, wish I could say the same! I'm getting literally ruined by Bandai and Arcadia bombarding me from both sides and all my other collecting vices dusting off the scraps! 

But bring it all on I say! :D

Thanks Slave IV for your response.  I'm going to choose to spend my money on HMR.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks Slave IV for your response.  I'm going to choose to spend my money on HMR.

NP, not sure what the fuss was about...If I had all the Yamato V2s, I wouldn't get all the Arcadia releases either.

As for pricing, I think the VF-2 is harder to compare since it's completely different. The Regult missile pod two pack was MSRP at only 400 yen more than two individual regular Regults. I see this as similar in comparison with existing super pack vf-1s so around 10,000 seems likely or hopefully not too much more. Anyways, they know we will all pay the price whatever it is.:lol:

On 8/23/2017 at 6:45 AM, Itachizero said:

Im new to macross toy collection and stumble upon this thread because the hmr doest require painting. I have two question:

1) between the vf roy fokker, Maximilian and milia, which one should i get first? I was thinking roy because it is older and more popular+limited availbilty. Afterward followed by milia and maximillian.

2) can you share list of toys availble that looks good without painting? I'm bad at painting but dont mind building a kit since i occasionally do oob hg gunpla building. I found tomytech gimix line but it's quite rare. I prefer fighter mode so transformable is just a bonus for me.

For a list of toys, that would be a long list.  Ha ha

Macross best valk are the yamato arcadia V2 1/60.  Very detailed and don't need painting.   

1/48 yamato are rare not as well proportioned and flimsy but look nice in plane mode as they are bigger. 

The hmr is more like toys, not as  fragile as the above but cheaper and have more other mecha like Zentraedi mecha. 

Gimix is nice but require some glue.   There are wave model kits but if you don't like painting , Gundam master grades that are recent don't require paint nor glue. 

There are other lines in macross like the delta dx or the vf25 dx but preorder is madness and expensive. 

Outside of macross, there are lots of toys that don't require painting like transformers masterpiece.  Gundam robot spirits also are prebuilt and don't require painting or the metal series.

53 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

NP, not sure what the fuss was about...If I had all the Yamato V2s, I wouldn't get all the Arcadia releases either.

As for pricing, I think the VF-2 is harder to compare since it's completely different. The Regult missile pod two pack was MSRP at only 400 yen more than two individual regular Regults. I see this as similar in comparison with existing super pack vf-1s so around 10,000 seems likely or hopefully not too much more. Anyways, they know we will all pay the price whatever it is.:lol:

All of this.  B))

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I still am bummed abt arcadia charging scalper like prices but changing nothing.

HMR yes is pricey for the scale but the design quality of certain HMRs and releases that aren't readily available in 1/60 pull me in. That and it saves space. 

Across the board wise, I do wish macross release prices didn't hv the tendency to climb so fast tho. Maybe that's the perception since there are such a variety being released at such a pace recently..

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

I still am bummed abt arcadia charging scalper like prices but changing nothing.

HMR yes is pricey for the scale but the design quality of certain HMRs and releases that aren't readily available in 1/60 pull me in. That and it saves space. 

Across the board wise, I do wish macross release prices didn't hv the tendency to climb so fast tho. Maybe that's the perception since there are such a variety being released at such a pace recently..

this one will be under 10000yen right?:unsure:

oh if you are talking discounts the odds are better for a sub 10k. 

I still see it slightly abv 10k discounted, but am budgeting for a worst case scenario..

hopefully we will know soon along with the preorder date..

Edited by seti88

Is anyone taking the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie price into account for guessing how much the VE-1 will be?  Because that had a lot of parts for a price that wasn't too high.

Edited by sh9000