Jump to content

Hi-Metal R


joppewo

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ZorClone said:

The chain base looks fantastic as diorama for HMR.  Very tempting...

Actually, that's the aforementioned White Base Catapult Deck...

WBCD.thumb.jpg.0c5448d059692a3b89c9c9971e97f401.jpg

It's a simple set of sturdy plastic walls with Gundam-specific accessories I didn't use.

However, if you add your own Macross-specific accessories...

WBCD_populated.thumb.jpg.f77eb9cc7cb5f80a0040eda9da222247.jpg

...it looks as much like the SDF-1 as it does the White Base.   ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The "White Base" looks good with HMR.....just the right height.....

The chain base modules are too short when not stacked on top of each other.....and too tall when they are....I was thinking of going HMR with my chain base pieces....but after seeing them on display with them, I'll need to either get some "white bases", some "Macross Factory" kits, or stick to 1/60 on them....

Best thing would be for some Macross specific hangars...either official or 3P stuff would work.....would be an easy project for the 3D folks on the board I think.....:rolleyes:

 

Edited by jvmacross
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

Toynami has.

Ah, but that's just a static soft-vinyl figure, not a Hi-Metal R articulated toy.  Same scale, but substantially different products.

sh9000 is suggesting something like this:

DYRL_regult.jpg.62a060215ee94f1bce682848bce090ca.jpg

Easily done, really, but I don't see the point.  It's an inconsistent and unflattering color.

 The canonicity of the color scheme is somewhat controversial, too, since they appear so infrequently in the film, and only in low-lit environs...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Mommar said:

A joke from a post I missed?  Because Toynami has.

I meant a HMR version.

11 hours ago, tekering said:

Ah, but that's just a static soft-vinyl figure, not a Hi-Metal R articulated toy.  Same scale, but substantially different products.

sh9000 is suggesting something like this:

DYRL_regult.jpg.62a060215ee94f1bce682848bce090ca.jpg

Easily done, really, but I don't see the point.  It's an inconsistent and unflattering color.

 The canonicity of the color scheme is somewhat controversial, too, since they appear so infrequently in the film, and only in low-lit environs...

I still like it and would own at least one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, tekering said:

Oh, if only we knew someone with experience customizing HMR, and a spare Regult or two...  ;)

I have thought about making one but it would probably be at the bottom of my list after all the VF-1 variants I want to make.

9 hours ago, SuperSenpai said:

Fixed it for you.  :-)

:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I have thought about making one but it would probably be at the bottom of my list after all the VF-1 variants I want to make.

:D

Looks like a quote you'd expect from someone working at Yamato back in the day after asking "When will we get a -insert your desired mech-"?

Edited by wmkjr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Last week I sold four Hi-Metal / Hi-Metal R valks to some guy. Once he received them, he said: "These look just like the Toynami veritechs"

Now I wish I sold them to someone else....

Nah. Don't feel bad about it. You got his money, right? ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Last week I sold four Hi-Metal / Hi-Metal R valks to some guy. Once he received them, he said: "These look just like the Toynami veritechs"

Now I wish I sold them to someone else....

Must be a m0r0n who can't see the difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2017 at 2:05 AM, MAC-X said:

Nice photo! I thought those missiles need support to hold them in place?  

They CAN support the micro missiles on their own, but depending on the peg and hole they might loosen quickly. The outer hardpoints on my Max supported them just fine, but one of the inner ones was immediately loosening when I added the weight of the micro missiles. I ended up using the support arms with my micro missiles just to avoid the weight loosening them over time or otherwise causing complications. The extra mount points on Act 5 stands (like the custom ones Roy, Max, and Millia came with) are perfect for putting support arms from the missile sets into so you can continue using those rather than the tripod stands they used with the Regult, Gulag, and the missile sets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2017 at 10:39 PM, arbit said:

Perfect!

Thanks.

On 5/15/2017 at 11:05 PM, MAC-X said:

Nice photo! I thought those missiles need support to hold them in place?  

Thank you.  Those certain missiles don't need much support because the missile trail slots over.

On 5/16/2017 at 1:14 AM, barurutor said:

Dioramas like sh9000's make me regret selling my extra 2 regults (PO'd 3 initially). Now regults are getting more expensive.

Get more if you can.  I don't think I would sell any of my HMR.

3 minutes ago, arbit said:

Lovin HM-R. Its been a long wait for Macross fans to get this kind of love.

591c34db80478_2017-05-1715_22_39.thumb.jpg.b4b8fc2bddfadbfc00267f591e6def34.jpg

 

Cool pic.  How did you make the gun strap?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2017 at 9:11 PM, sumyumgoy said:

Damn...hope it gets to you soon.

2 weeks of delay.

Seemingly no action taken by Nippon-Yassan representatives to update Japan Post of the need to amend address.

I managed to call and was lucky to hit onto a person willing to help me from Australia Post on Friday.  He interpreted "no unit number and/or street number" as not 2 items missing but probably just a 1 item missing from the address.  He took the amendment for me and got it sent to the distribution centre.  The package was attempted on Monday, I was too busy to pick it up on Tuesday and so I luckily was able to pick it up today.

In my support ticket request to Nippon-Yassan, they stated that it "was definitely addressed correctly" and when I picked up the package, sure enough the label was absolutely missing the street address number.  I took a photo of the postage label and updated my support ticket detailing to them the numerous phone calls, attempts to have Nippon-Yassan representatives to perform the address amendment to Japan Post and eventually getting it on a 2 week delay because of the incorrectly (and proven) label for postage.

I asked in the ticket that this matter be taken to management that I should have some financial recompense for the mistake taken by Nippon-Yassan representatives to create the extra work from me as well as delay in shipping all due to a desire that I not have to pay for a second round of postage if it was sent back to sender because of the missing detail on the postage label.

Anyway - here's a couple of concept shots I'm trying to do.  Any thoughts toward what else I could do to improve on the concept a bit more?

1.thumb.jpg.37cb7ce3f26bb8615b766676b0eb3ea6.jpg2.thumb.jpg.4a34528becc7139e22a2b0ff03f390cf.jpg3.thumb.jpg.a4bed0458d03a9658a8eda4f41ac303f.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got my two missile sets in and I'm meh on them, I don't think they are worth the price. Kind of neat though, I just don't think I will ever use or display them. Oh well, I'll hold onto them for a bit, but they will more then likely be meeting Ebay eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dero said:

2 weeks of delay.

Seemingly no action taken by Nippon-Yassan representatives to update Japan Post of the need to amend address.

I managed to call and was lucky to hit onto a person willing to help me from Australia Post on Friday.  He interpreted "no unit number and/or street number" as not 2 items missing but probably just a 1 item missing from the address.  He took the amendment for me and got it sent to the distribution centre.  The package was attempted on Monday, I was too busy to pick it up on Tuesday and so I luckily was able to pick it up today.

In my support ticket request to Nippon-Yassan, they stated that it "was definitely addressed correctly" and when I picked up the package, sure enough the label was absolutely missing the street address number.  I took a photo of the postage label and updated my support ticket detailing to them the numerous phone calls, attempts to have Nippon-Yassan representatives to perform the address amendment to Japan Post and eventually getting it on a 2 week delay because of the incorrectly (and proven) label for postage.

I asked in the ticket that this matter be taken to management that I should have some financial recompense for the mistake taken by Nippon-Yassan representatives to create the extra work from me as well as delay in shipping all due to a desire that I not have to pay for a second round of postage if it was sent back to sender because of the missing detail on the postage label.

Anyway - here's a couple of concept shots I'm trying to do.  Any thoughts toward what else I could do to improve on the concept a bit more?

 

Nice pics and bg dero! Really looks like the missiles are coming at ya!

Maybe have regults in the pic or use macross screenshots as backgrounds? Dont worry tho, your pics are fun enough...

1 hour ago, arbit said:

 

Never gets old!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...