Hi-Metal R

joppewo

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

How's it been going as a new daddy? Hope mom and kid are doing well!

It's going great and I'm glad the weekend is coming up.  I think at some point because of where I'm at that I may narrow down collecting to just Macross and HMR.

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

It's going great and I'm glad the weekend is coming up.  I think at some point because of where I'm at that I may narrow down collecting to just Macross and HMR.

That's pretty much where I'm at. Macross, some Super Robots from SOC, Sentinel or whoever, Star Wars and Marvel for me. I'm pretty much done with Transformers and most other things.

Glad to hear the new family is doing well.

4 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Hi everyone, I'm taking a stab at panel lining but can't seem to decide on the color.  What do you guys think?  

Left is Brown and Right is Gray.  I haven't tried black yet but I think that would stand out too much.

IMG_20170506_000016.jpg

A red brown ink works good for my browns.  The red brown is a little better than brown.  Otherwise the lining ink from those gundam markers, there are also the weathering ones look cool.

6 hours ago, ZorClone said:

I think the brown looks really good!

6 hours ago, Big s said:

It's a tough decision for me, but the brown is just a bit more eye catching.

2 hours ago, beatsing said:

A red brown ink works good for my browns.  The red brown is a little better than brown.  Otherwise the lining ink from those gundam markers, there are also the weathering ones look cool.

Thanks everyone!  I'll go with the brown and see if I can find a redder color at the local hobby shop.

21 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

So true. . .the memories of when our daughter was a newborn are interwoven with me watching toy reviews and anime from 2am until I heard the birds chirping outside and the sun came up.  That's when my wife would come down and take her for the day.  In short. . . Watch SDFM at 3am - and have the bottle and diaper ready !

That's a great idea. I have a baby on the way! 

Some may have already seen this, but I just noticed this Bandai Gundam hangar deck that looks like it might scale well with HMR, at 25 cm tall. It's modular, so you could build out a larger diorama, and there's a separate flight deck component as well.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/20896-robot-damashii-side-ms-white-base-hangar-deck-ver-anime.html

IMG_2082.JPG

If you guys want to panel line and are super lazy like me just get a bottle of Flory's Model Wash and never look back.

It's a water based wash using clay pigment and not only flows super well, if you're an advanced user (not Duy) you can smear it for weathering as well. This literally took 5 minutes with just a brush and a moist papertowel

post-25-0-57263600-1462755215_thumb.jpgpost-25-0-06726000-1462720647_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

11 minutes ago, Duymon said:

If you guys want to panel line and are super lazy like me just get a bottle of Flory's Model Wash and never look back.

It's a water based wash using clay pigment and not only flows super well, if you're an advanced user (not Duy) you can smear it for weathering as well. This literally took 5 minutes with just a brush and a moist papertowel

Looks great!  Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to grab some to try out.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Some may have already seen this, but I just noticed this Bandai Gundam hangar deck that looks like it might scale well with HMR, at 25 cm tall. It's modular, so you could build out a larger diorama, and there's a separate flight deck component as well.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/20896-robot-damashii-side-ms-white-base-hangar-deck-ver-anime.html

IMG_2082.JPG

I saw those the other day. I like the msg chain base more and it's for 1/100+

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-4104&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3DChain+base%24pagemax%3D15%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

41 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I got a couple of these that came, they are pretty sweet and nice quality plastic.

2 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

IMG_2082.JPG

Cool.  I might get some of these.  I didn't want the set with the Gundam figures.

46 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Post a pic of your HMR and your chain bases put together when you get a chance.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Cool.  I might get some of these.  I didn't want the set with the Gundam figures.

Post a pic of your HMR and your chain bases put together when you get a chance.

Sorry, it's kind of hastily put together, but here's the chain base A.  It doesn't show the trusses or accessories.  I've got the B also if you want to see it.  Also, each panel is about 6" x 6" x 0.5".

IMG_20170506_105046.jpg

IMG_20170506_105331.jpg

Yea I like it!  Got a few waiting in HLJ PW lol.  I kinda wish that they come with the mechanical arms too.

Does anyone know of any vehicle/crew/weapon loading sets that would pair well with HMR?  The only 1/100 crews that I've seen are the ones included with the Armored Factory kit but that is pretty pricey right now.

13 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Yea I like it!  Got a few waiting in HLJ PW lol.  I kinda wish that they come with the mechanical arms too.

Does anyone know of any vehicle/crew/weapon loading sets that would pair well with HMR?  The only 1/100 crews that I've seen are the ones included with the Armored Factory kit but that is pretty pricey right now.

I've seen a few of these on yahoo auctions Japan recently and they weren't that expensive. There's also one at mandarake I believe. 

4 hours ago, Duymon said:

Do you have to apply a clear coat afterwards in order to preserve the panel lines? Or is Flory's naturally resistant to fading and smearing from everyday handling?

15 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I've seen a few of these on yahoo auctions Japan recently and they weren't that expensive. There's also one at mandarake I believe. 

Thanks!  I haven't used either before but looks like none are available right now except one that is 25000 yen :o

4 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

IMG_2082.JPG

I considered ordering these too but I want to see some HMRs on them first. The other thing stopping me is based on Bandai's moves, seems like it's highly likely they release HMR specific bases at some point. 

33 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Thanks!  I haven't used either before but looks like none are available right now except one that is 25000 yen :o

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l390303762

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t513547508

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r189159943

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l389551024

They can be had cheaper if you keep an eye out. 

54 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Wow, thanks for these!  I'll save the characters, I was only searching in english before.

You're welcome :)

Checkout this post from the For Sale sub forum for more tips:

I would certainly make use of them, sir!  :D

exchange.thumb.jpg.a620fe04408c31210360dc68a124f3de.jpg

I can send you this kit in exchange, if you like...  I only bought it for the decal sheet. ;)

Edited by tekering

9 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Do you have to apply a clear coat afterwards in order to preserve the panel lines? Or is Flory's naturally resistant to fading and smearing from everyday handling?

Tamiya liquid panel lining is similar i think as i haven't used flory.   I don't like washes on my flyers or space mechs.   The washes are on my ground mechs for a weathered look.   

2 hours ago, tekering said:

I would certainly make use of them, sir!  :D

I can send you this kit in exchange, if you like...  I only bought it for the decal sheet. ;)

Do you have any spare HMR heads?  If not then I'd probably just sell the decals.

Aside from the Q-Rau and Milia set, more stuff to build up the HMR and compatible collection.

IMG_3122.thumb.JPG.eb423c9f2ad0b98f289414bdb03c3081.JPG

Edited by sh9000