Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, beatsing said:

nice

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

That VF-1D head looks better scaled to the HMR....which kit is it from? 

It's from a 1/100 VF-1D Battroid kit.

I just noticed that the NY combine shipping option isn't any where near as friendly as HLJ's PW. HLJ they seem to actually charge you what it costs to ship the item. At NY they give you maybe a 10% discount off of what it costs to ship the item individually. So, if you have 5 items and they were charging you 2000 yen each to ship the items originally, they'll show you that combined the items will cost 9000 to ship. I'm guessing they LOVE it when you combine items. I have three toys coming and they quoted me 10,100 Yen for EMS and it was one of the cheapest methods... i'm fairly certain that the same package would cost around 5000 yen through HLJ. So, the good news is that NY charges the least and if you use airmail or SAL you can get the item for less than putting it in your HLJ PW... the bad news is they have an aggregation function that's more about the convenience of getting everything in one box than it is about saving money.

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

It's from a 1/100 VF-1D Battroid kit.

That's good to know, thanks.  I had the same idea, but wasn't sure it would work...  Scale can be a funny thing with Bandai.  :huh:

glaug_scale.jpg

Edited by tekering

4 hours ago, tekering said:

That's good to know, thanks.  I had the same idea, but wasn't sure it would work...  Scale can be a funny thing with Bandai.  :huh:

No problem.  Yeah that's true.  I had a 1/100 transformable VF-1D kit head and it was smaller.

So, while I assembled that old Glaug model kit just for comparison purposes, I actually bought it specifically for the waterslide decal sheet...

Your feedback and comments on my GBP amor have encouraged me to upgrade my HMR Glaug in a similar fashion, since it was just too plain and toyetic to suit me.

detailed_glaug.thumb.jpg.5e8dc70f66ce48c61d50936d64ec0a48.jpg

After a little panel-lining and a few decals, I'm much happier with it now.  :)

21 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

you know what is hard to find? those HMR missile effect parts for the vf-1. they're expensive now.

They're web exclusive, so it's not surprising they're pricy and harder to get now that they're out. I'm still waiting on MyKombini to ship mine. It seems they only really ship their web exclusive stuff out once a month, at the very end/beginning.

22 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

you know what is hard to find? those HMR missile effect parts for the vf-1. they're expensive now.

I thk the fact that the effects did double duty as micro missiles for the dx helped it become more popular too..

31 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

That's for sure. I meant to order two sets and somehow ended up only grabbing one. They're crazy scarce at this point and both I and my wallet are really going to regret not paying more attention to the order.

Edited by Thessair

1 hour ago, Thessair said:

That's for sure. I meant to order two sets and somehow ended up only grabbing one. They're crazy scarce at this point and both I and my wallet are really going to regret not paying more attention to the order.

i grabbed 2x from Loopaza and immediately they stealth jacked up the price on shipping. from 20 - 46 shipped for 2 sets. i guess they realized how hot these are and raised the price on the shipping end.  

45 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i grabbed 2x from Loopaza and immediately they stealth jacked up the price on shipping. from 20 - 46 shipped for 2 sets. i guess they realized how hot these are and raised the price on the shipping end.  

How do you like loopaza? Is their shipping otherwise reasonable? 

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

How do you like loopaza? Is their shipping otherwise reasonable? 

initially they had reasonable shipping charges, 14 for one box of hmr effect and 20 for 2 boxes which i ordered. then they jacked up the prices on shipping to double the amount for each.  

i've seen this shady practice on several chinese sites so i'm not surprised. Robot Kingdom did that too for items in the past. just glad i grabbed it before they jacked it up.

it's still on it's way so i'll post it once it arrives. 

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Wow. That's crazy. I can't imagine that sort of thing would endear them to their customers. I saw a couple of sets on Taobao, but I haven't done any ordering from there before so I'm a little apprehensive. I'm still wondering if DATONG or someone will produce KOs of these sets like they do the Tamashii Effects pieces. It wouldn't surprise me, especially seeing as how in demand these suckers are.

39 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

initially they had reasonable shipping charges, 14 for one box of hmr effect and 20 for 2 boxes which i ordered. then they jacked up the prices on shipping to double the amount for each.  

i've seen this shady practice on several chinese sites so i'm not surprised. Robot Kingdom did that too for items in the past. just glad i grabbed it before they jacked it up.

it's still on it's way so i'll post it once it arrives. 

Cool thx. I asked because they still have a vf-31c for pre-order but I see now that the shipping is $55 to the u.s. Too many monies :lol:

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Dat armored vf-11 needs to be prioritised! Thanks for the post sh9000...glad to see some glimpse of all the fabled valks in physical toy form!

It would be an instant buy times 6 or 7.

Was thinking of using N-Y for the Messer VF-1 preorder instead of HLJ, but the shipping is more than double for the same eco SAL method. I know N-Y's shipping was always on the higher side but this is a first - even the shipping for my preorders in June and July with them was fairly reasonable.

Also, I too wish I had double dipped with the HM-R effects set. Held off because I was apprehensive about how it would scale with the DXs, now I regret it.

Edited by joelwuj

Looks like NY has started shipping the missile effects set, except for mine. They're asking me to pay a little more for shipping with the usual 'shipment was heavier than expected' reason. <_<

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

They probably didn't hear about it :lol:

That 1 guy handling shipping was too busy packing our other orders. :p

Edited by neoexcaliber