Hi-Metal R

joppewo

33 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Ha!

Not a huge fan of the HMR (sold all but a very small handful) but I like that scheme on the 1S. A lot. IMHO it's the best looking 'Anniversary' scheme ever put on a VF-1.

I'm in for two, the novelty alone does it for me.

-b.

27 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

haha, just a running joke for Seti88,

but everyone should get 5 31F messer's instead of these tiny vf-1's

hehe the 'alternative' messer collecting method :p 
I cant imagine getting many HMR messers frankly, the only reason to get maybe one is an option for a messer display theme... 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Shame there's so many random parts molded in black, but this looks like it would be a pretty good candidate for stripping down and customizing.  Or at the very least, a nice source of spare VF-1S heads. :p 

I'm tempted to see if I can pick up a few for more TV-style missiles, and maybe customize a bit.  I know they're going for the look of his VF-31 scheme, but the pattern on the chestplate and back is kind of a mess, and nothing will line up if you change the sweep of the wings.

Is this going to be a general release, or webshop exclusive?  I'd probably grab 3 of them if I can.

According to Tamashii website, it is a normal release. However, the MSRP is over 1000yen more than the VF-1A and 1J. Using google translate, it seems there might be a stand included. 

6 hours ago, abbadon said:

Hi-Metal R VF-1S Valkyrie Macross 35th Anniversary Messer Color Version

http://tamashii.jp/item/12127

September 2017 Release

8640 Yen

Preorder on April 28, 2017

Meh.  Not really impressed with the Messer-scheme on a VF1.

Rather they just do a straight HMR VF-X instead for a simpler color-combo. It's more canon, anyway.

Kinda weird Bandai's doing this Messer-VF1 first instead of the much simpler HMR VF1-EX.

Edited by treatment

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

If am not mistaken, in the training episode with the 1EX, messer appears in the end to shoot hayate down, and messer was in a 31F.
This is an anniversary scheme and not in delta..

If I remember correctly Messer was flying his regular VF-31F when he shot down Hayate. 

The VF-1 looks stunning. Why no Super Strike Parts though? If they release some I might bite especially since this toy can stand on its own without needing a HMR collection surrounding it. 

2 minutes ago, RocketGTR said:

Man I can't even access N-Y since their sale started this morning...

I haven't been able to access the NY site today, either.

10 minutes ago, brannon said:

anybody still on the fence about getting a monster

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/15995-hi-metal-r-hwr-00-mkii-destroid-monster.html

12500 yen

That is a great deal on the Monster. Depending on what they're charging for shipping, I might decide to go for it.

6 hours ago, Ivan said:

Could someone please explain what exactly a Messer color scheme is?  I have absolutely no clue where it came from.  Thx

It is grey. It comes from mixing a little white with black. ;)

I agree I'd rather have something else but I'm all in for HMR and I will try to get this. Will be nice to display a Messer in Battroid mode and still see his emblem.

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_3134.JPG.a20f341f03b4b8337e27802d4d553319.JPGIMG_3135.JPG.f85096e5c4ffa22a213bc8ae1e28698b.JPGIMG_3137.JPG.4f99dfef1168af116d4d41ac618bcad2.JPGIMG_3139.JPG.9f26ac2cdbd52b0757792774766fcd70.JPGIMG_3140.thumb.JPG.4818d469bbd6a2a616ecb1e89b2e47a7.JPG

Here's the rest of the pics.

It needs some RED. ;)

6 hours ago, Duymon said:

That's a cool-looking VF-1S. it kinda reminds me of those bootleg valks you see in Chinatown, which is why I might just pass on it lol

If they're dabbling in Macross Delta I would've totally gone for a VF-1EX Hayate / Mirage double-set. Oh well.....

I'm not into HM-R's but if it's the VF-1EX Hayate/Mirage, I'm all for it. ;) 

4 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Ugh this Messer VF-1S didn't even appear in any series.  Did it? 

No.

1 hour ago, brannon said:

anybody still on the fence about getting a monster

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/15995-hi-metal-r-hwr-00-mkii-destroid-monster.html

12500 yen

Their site is still down as I'm posting this. :( 

59 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I haven't been able to access the NY site today, either.

That is a great deal on the Monster. Depending on what they're charging for shipping, I might decide to go for it.

Simple, you can check their shipping calculator once their site is up again.

Edited by no3Ljm

9 hours ago, abbadon said:

/item_0000012127_nz1vWkXo_01.jpg.e5961da9f2eb6ee8b9bd7da0ff1c8699.jpg

September 2017 Release

8640 Yen

Yeah....... I think I will be skipping it. It looks really cool but there are other figures that I want to put my money toward. I was hoping for more destroid releases. 

12 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Don't know how all the guys around here who bitch and moan and bash Macross flashy and non military paint schemes can not be totally excited about this release...ohh wait...yes I do..this is MW. :lol:.  I think it looks epic. :wub:

Ya know?

This Messer-vf1 scheme kinda somehow reminded me of the old Galaxy Defender from Wally's in reversed colors...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/16592-155s-revisited/?do=findComment&comment=340296

_noremote.jpg

:bump:

9 hours ago, abbadon said:

/item_0000012127_nz1vWkXo_01.jpg.e5961da9f2eb6ee8b9bd7da0ff1c8699.jpg

item_0000012127_nz1vWkXo_05.jpg.fd293f38c11160d5bbc61b76e7afe23b.jpg

item_0000012127_nz1vWkXo_07.jpg.7f2ce0fec16a02236c6191452b19e138.jpg

September 2017 Release

8640 Yen

Whaa! WTF! This is totally out of left field. I love it though. It never even crossed my mind to do a vf-1 with a messer scheme. It works perfectly IMO. The reaper on the cockpit is perfect. I've always wanted more vf-1s that had sqad symbols or markings on the cockpit window. Not sure why Kawamori hasn't done more schemes like this for the shows. They would all be fan favorites.

Missed out on that monster sale. Out of stock now. I have one already but i would've got another at that price.

2 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I'm able to access NY through my mobile phone if that helps.  It was 5900 shipping EMS for me.

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

out of stock now, that was quick!

It's still the same error page for me on my mac and my iphone.

34 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I'm glad its an exclusive, the pre-order will be open for at least a day instead of 5 seconds.

27 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

The site shows its on the Tamashi Webshop, so I'm pretty sure its an exclusive. . . I may be wrong.

Nope. It's not Tamashii Web Exclusive.

590258b48a8b8_ScreenShot2017-04-27at1_45_43PM.png.2b688e97cab6179d70a5001823078323.png