Hi-Metal R

joppewo

All this rampant customization has inspired me to do some work of my own:

GBP.thumb.jpg.44c2d2a585349df8ebfd031d8dd78ecc.jpg

I felt the Hi-Metal R GBP amor was a little too plain and lacking in detail, compared to my Arcadia, Yamato, and even Takatoku versions...

GBP_shoulders.thumb.jpg.e784d5c302e02458decc789cca53bcf0.jpg

...so I added additional markings and insignia, using animation model sheet line art as a guide.

GBP_torso.thumb.jpg.cdc668b747337dc3f7d7786a7b2162f3.jpg

I especially wanted to replace Bandai's sloppy-looking "1" on the chest with something cleaner and more professional.

GBP_legs.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by tekering

So I'm vaguely curious about the production runs of the Hikaru 1J... last week I was browsing HLJ, and it popped up on a search with status listed as "Orders usually filled within 6 or 7 days" or something like that.  So I decided later that day to order one more, only to find out it was listed as "Discontinued."

I do another Hi-Metal search this week, and it pops up again, with the same status about orders being filled.  So, I actually go through with the purchase this time, and it's showing as in my open orders.. but it's back on "Discontinued" status.

Is Bandai still churning them out, or is HLJ just getting random shipments of old stock?

Also, about the Hikaru, anyone know if the canopy is molded in transparent blue, or just coated?  I really prefer the clear canopy look on it.

Edited by Chronocidal

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So I'm vaguely curious about the production runs of the Hikaru 1J... last week I was browsing HLJ, and it popped up on a search with status listed as "Orders usually filled within 6 or 7 days" or something like that.  So I decided later that day to order one more, only to find out it was listed as "Discontinued."

I do another Hi-Metal search this week, and it pops up again, with the same status about orders being filled.  So, I actually go through with the purchase this time, and it's showing as in my open orders.. but it's back on "Discontinued" status.

Is Bandai still churning them out, or is HLJ just getting random shipments of old stock?

Also, about the Hikaru, anyone know if the canopy is molded in transparent blue, or just coated?  I really prefer the clear canopy look on it.

canopy is molded in blue and it's retarded.

I Just borrowed the clear canopies from one of my 1A's that's in battroid.

33 minutes ago, Duymon said:

I Just borrowed the clear canopies from one of my 1A's that's in battroid.

I don't mind the blue canopy, but I must admit that does seem like yet another reason for grabbing multiple cannon fodders. I kind of wish I'd grabbed a third one now, to be honest.

Yeah, I did that for one Hikaru, and the blue actually doesn't go so badly on the CF, I think, but I'd rather have more clear ones.  Fortunately, as long as I keep a couple of the other releases in battroid mode for display, I've got spares for the Hikaru versions I'll have in fighter and gerwalk.

I'd probably grab a lot more CFs if the missiles were white instead of tan, but the tan ones don't look bad on the M&Ms.  Probably would be simple enough to spray them white anyway though.

Now if we could just get some super packs re-released for all of them...

Edited by Chronocidal

15 hours ago, tekering said:

*snip-

I especially wanted to replace Bandai's sloppy-looking "1" on the chest with something cleaner and more professional.

What do you think?

Wow! Is that the Arcadia version? Because it looks fantastic! I'd be way more into the HMR VF-1 line if they looked like that good out of the box! 

Great job on fixing Bandai's crooked "1" on the chest too! :D

Thanks!  I've already run out of detolf space but I still have space in my storage room when they're not in use.  I'd like to display as many as possible so I'll have to figure something out.

I wonder if Takatoys would be willing to make decals for the unit numbers on these guys. He made great stickers back in the day. I bought some for my 1/48.

Just got my Shipment from amiami with the on sale Monster. Wow i knew the monster was big but not this big.....

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

LOL! There is actually a back to the future floating delorean in there as well which i got at a deal as well. Unfortunately shipping this cost me $120 US.

This is what was inside. Wasn't expecting the delorean to be in a bigger box than the monster.

IMG_4022.JPG

Edited by Sandman

On 4/22/2017 at 10:35 PM, tekering said:

I felt the Hi-Metal R GBP amor was a little too plain and lacking in detail, compared to my Arcadia, Yamato, and even Takatoku versions...

GBP_shoulders.thumb.jpg.e784d5c302e02458decc789cca53bcf0.jpg

...so I added additional markings and insignia, using animation model sheet line art as a guide.

GBP_torso.thumb.jpg.cdc668b747337dc3f7d7786a7b2162f3.jpg

GBP_legs.jpg

What do you think?

What decal set did you use? (my bad) it's home made decals. Sorry.

Edited by fenrir72
idiot post

5 hours ago, Sandman said:

Just got my Shipment from amiami with the on sale Monster. Wow i knew the monster was big but not this big.....

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

LOL! There is actually a back to the future floating delorean in there as well which i got at a deal as well. Unfortunately shipping this cost me $120 US.

This is what was inside. Wasn't expecting the delorean to be in a bigger box than the monster.

IMG_4022.JPG

I was shocked at the large box. Until I saw the 3rd picture I was wondering why the box was so big.

4 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

What decal set did you use? (my bad) it's home made decals. Sorry.

On the contrary, I used the waterslide decals that came with Bandai's "Armored Factory" [sic] model kit.

They're a perfect fit for the Hi-Metal R GBP.  :D

3 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

Anyone know where we can get 1/100 official or non official decals for the Valkyries?

Bandai and ARII have produced numerous other 1:100 scale kits with appropriately-sized decals:

11MBA05_Macross-Robotech-Transformable-V

10 hours ago, Sandman said:

Yeah the Deloreans are gigantic.  I have the first movie version, it's a monster.  1/6 Marty fits in it though!

27 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

What system of walls/floors/ceiling is that for the diorama?

Oh, it's a jumbled mess of Kotobukiya chain base parts, Bandai's "Armored Factory" walls, and a whole lot of WAVE's H-Hangar sets.

I've got a lot of work ahead of me, incorporating 1:100 scale workers, guards and transport vehicles, Destroid bays...

9 hours ago, hachi said:

I was shocked at the large box. Until I saw the 3rd picture I was wondering why the box was so big.

I was shocked as well even though i knew the delorean was in there too. Wasn't expecting the delorean box being that big. It's funny because i nabbed both at super sale prices and was feeling pretty good about it till i got quoted shipping. The Monster was like 65-67 US originally. I downgraded the shipping but it only saved me $5. So i thought i'd through the delorean on there and save shipping that way. I get quoted $120. I was really annoyed and thought amiami was trying to scam some extra dollars from me. Now that i got the package i understand the price more. Still didn't like paying it. It's times like this i wish amiami would have a pw option like hlj so i could experiment with the cheapest way to ship this order.

25 minutes ago, Duymon said:

I didn't like mini Milia. Had to use inspiration from how she looks in Macross Delta Scramble with her red DYRL pilot suit :D

WP_20170424_12_28_39_Pro.thumb.jpg.20b84d58a263049a9b78f8fd3c9a3fde.jpg

WP_20170424_13_41_12_Pro.thumb.jpg.a81dfecd5c6f0cbfa1c6e02e3e38be9f.jpg

WP_20170424_13_41_40_Pro.thumb.jpg.570ce4223c915390ebcd5f795fd00587.jpg

WP_20170424_13_51_13_Pro.thumb.jpg.c449817bb649eb73f749e1893a7a9139.jpg

That's looks awesome!  Especially given this HMR set is more of a hybrid SDFM/DYRL version.....can you make me a Max/Millia set?  Seriously, how much?  A Max in the exact same scheme, but blue....would be perfect....