Hi-Metal R

joppewo

flatline-heartbeat.jpg

Well done. My feelings exactly. Shocked and pleased.

Lets let the great tip battle begin.

What color should those missile tips be?

Edited by arbit

I picked up 2 sets.

I didn't really get effect parts until curiosity got the better of me and I picked up a few sets. They may look like a waste of money, but if you are into building complex dioramas or simple action-based displays with 2 or 3 toys, then they can really add depth above and beyond thae traditional A-stance.

I do agree that these carry a premium over the standard Tamashii effect parts and stands... At least it isn't an Arcadia-level premium.

Well done. My feelings exactly. Shocked and pleased.

Lets let the great tip battle begin.

What color should those missile tips be?

LOL....tips should be based on DYRL colors.....which makes sense since the HMR SSPs are all based off of DYRL designs...

It would be nice for Bandai to also include DYRL pilot versions for their M&M sets.....since they are not 100% TV versions anyways....at least not when they have the SSP mounted....

I don't want accessories. I want more actual toys.

Patience padawan

I picked up 2 sets.

I didn't really get effect parts until curiosity got the better of me and I picked up a few sets. They may look like a waste of money, but if you are into building complex dioramas or simple action-based displays with 2 or 3 toys, then they can really add depth above and beyond thae traditional A-stance.

I do agree that these carry a premium over the standard Tamashii effect parts and stands... At least it isn't an Arcadia-level premium.

I hope everyone, who can afford it, purchases at least one set....this would send a message to Bandai that there is a market for Macross specific accessories....and may persuade them to release the teased Regult missile sets and more importantly......

Release what could potentially go down as the best Macross display stand ever!!!....

CSfyhTiVAAASDI6.jpg

I hope everyone, who can afford it, purchases at least one set....this would send a message to Bandai that there is a market for Macross specific accessories....and may persuade them to release the teased Regult missile sets and more importantly......

Release what could potentially go down as the best Macross display stand ever!!!....

CSfyhTiVAAASDI6.jpg

Dunno if it's just blatant fanboyism, but even for HMR valks, I don't really see anything in that stand that even it as the best Macross display stand ever!!!.

It has too many redundant parts and just looks clunky as heck. Why bother with the arm if it still needs that bottom anchor?

Maybe Yeti already has something HMR-specific in the works...

Dunno if it's just blatant fanboyism, but even for HMR valks, I don't really see anything in that stand that even it as the best Macross display stand ever!!!.

It has too many redundant parts and just looks clunky as heck. Why bother with the arm if it still needs that bottom anchor?

Maybe Yeti already has something HMR-specific in the works...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Yeti stand with peg holes could accommodate the display arms from the Tamashii stands?

Unfortunately, on that stand, the anchor is not a functional arm. Jenius is correct on the third stand/connection, it is just for a dio for loading missile. I dont have any HMR toy but if that stand get released, I might take one and one super/strike equiped VF-1. WIth magnets here and there, it just might work.

Edited by chyll2

I like that stand and don't mind the bottom connection. I think it's a bit much in an environment with gravity to expect it not to have one bottom support. Not sure I'm feeling the third arm that appears to be a missile loader.

I think the HMR with FPs is light enough that gravity shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Maybe just another arm-clip could do the job of securing it and making it float without requiring the bottom-support. It would prollly also eliminate the HRM backpack from easily flopping backwards.

You could probably do something with screws to tighten the arms super tight, maybe rubber pads on the fingers, and a clear plastic brace to slide in from behind to support the backpack. Sounds a little higher end than a Tamashii stand though but sure, I'd be on board.

CSfyhTiVAAASDI6.jpg

Yeah, I've been hoping for this to come out since I saw it. I don't care about the extra arms, all stands have arms and this one looks awesome. I'd just replace the bottom arm with a clear one anyway.

And effect parts preordered! Yeah, they are overpriced but so is everything. I specifically asked for these and got them so there was no doubt I would buy.

Even with your *cough* caveat, nobody adds "the best" in anything without making it sound anything but some rabid fanboyism.

Just chill out on using too much superlatives in your posting.

Chill out on being an ignorant prick...this is the second instance, at least when it comes to my posts, that you feel the need to post some trivial and/or asinine comment....the first time was when you insisted that the first HMR GBP release was NOT a DYRL version even when presented with the facts.....your reply to my recent post, once again, added nothing to the conversation...in case you haven't noticed, this is MACROSSWORLD...I make no apologies for thinking a Macross-themed item can be the best....and neither should anyone else that loves this franchise....no one should feel they need to tone down their enthusiasm for Macross....much less on MacrossWorld....sheesh!

If you do not like what I post or are incapable of posting something to enhance or carry forward the discussion.....then simply don't reply or reference any of my posts...

Yeah, I've been hoping for this to come out since I saw it. I don't care about the extra arms, all stands have arms and this one looks awesome. I'd just replace the bottom arm with a clear one anyway.

And effect parts preordered! Yeah, they are overpriced but so is everything. I specifically asked for these and got them so there was no doubt I would buy.

I am not too concerned about the "third arm" because many times we have seen Bandai display their HMRs with "redundant" support...only to realize that they are completely unnecessary once we have the product in our hands....so far Bandai has been hitting them out of the park with their HMR lineup....no reason to believe they would drop the ball on a display stand....especially if they want it to be the BEST MACROSS DISPLAY STAND IN THE HISTORY OF HUMANITY!!! :o

Jvmacross...treatment...let's get back on topic about the actual toys! I mean look on the bright side, this is Bandai giving a damn and making lots of new goodies!

Having read about one of our members having passed away and his family doing a sale for his collection, makes me think we really gotta see the positive side to things. The fact that we can keep on collecting and enjoying these things is a blessing.

Just want to keep the positive vibes going :D please don't shoot me

CSfyhTiVAAASDI6.jpg

Wow when was this stand teased??? Forgive me but I haven't gone thru all the 258 pages of this thread so if its buried in there I completely missed it.

The Hi-Metal R VFs have quickly become a favorite of mine in the last months after never having cared for it. Its a very happy medium between a toy and a larger scale (toy/model) thats fully transformable to boot.

I do agree the effect parts look great but might be a tad overpriced, I'm not sure I can justify it. The stand pictured above though is an absolute must.

Wow when was this stand teased??? Forgive me but I haven't gone thru all the 258 pages of this thread so if its buried in there I completely missed it.

The Hi-Metal R VFs have quickly become a favorite of mine in the last months after never having cared for it. Its a very happy medium between a toy and a larger scale (toy/model) thats fully transformable to boot.

I do agree the effect parts look great but might be a tad overpriced, I'm not sure I can justify it. The stand pictured above though is an absolute must.

It was shown during the Tamashii Nations event last year....you can see other items shown during this event here:

http://robotpilipinas.blogspot.com/2015/11/upcoming-macross-toys-display.html

The 2016 Tamashii Nations event is happening on October 28....so maybe they will show some new Macross items or have some news on whether or not some of the previously displayed Macross items will actually be released....crossing fingers! :)

I agree the stand looks great. The bottom arm does need to be clear however. Unless the top part has clips that wrap around the underside of the fast packs (which could cause stress marks/breakage over time) or it uses screws that go into the packs (or use some sort of pressure connection) like in the anime, the bottom stand is required. Or if you pose it with the valkyrie upside down possibly. Sideways would be ideal to me.

Yeah.

As it was revealed back then, that particular Bandai stand looks rather like a wonky afterthought bootleg of the old Yamato-arm.

As shown then, it was not pleasing nor ideal. At least to me. It has alot of areas that can be improved on by simple clear braces and stuff that Bandai used in the Glaug or even the Regult.