Hi-Metal R

joppewo

i use a ton of the Tamashii Act5 stands and that trident stand for Robot Damashii. Word of warning - if you position it in such a way that it puts a lot of horizontal stress on the tubes (arm laid way back, etc) they WILL crack from the stress and loosen considerably. My RD Sinanju hit the deck one day last year and nearly gave me a heart attack.

i use a ton of the Tamashii Act5 stands and that trident stand for Robot Damashii. Word of warning - if you position it in such a way that it puts a lot of horizontal stress on the tubes (arm laid way back, etc) they WILL crack from the stress and loosen considerably. My RD Sinanju hit the deck one day last year and nearly gave me a heart attack.

Thanks! I just started using the Tamashii stages and haven't bothered tightening anything to hold an arm too horizontally and now I just won't. Anything it can't hold on it's own the way it came out the box, I'll just assume is too much pressure.

I might reconsider moving the VF-1S with the strike parts to one of the arms as I do share a concern, however the tubes are great for a standard VF-1 without any of the heavy strike parts. The VF-1S hikaru custom definitely makes me nervous, but that is mostly because the stand adapter does not lock into place in battroid mode, I kind of just rests under the hips. I have to balance it quite a bit and I decided to remove the wing missile boxes because they created some weight that caused more issues

Edited by BluprinT

the effects parts are worth it, they bring so much life into a display! I hope the KO ones aren't garbage, lol

How bad could they be? As long as they look like explosions, there's no tolerances or articulation to worry about. If anything, I'd hope they look a little different to have a variety.

I don't know if this is old news, but I just realized Bandai included the wrong fighter mode stand adapter for the VF-1A. The one they included was for use with the fast packs (similar to the ones that came with the VF-1S). The correct version is the one that came with the Armored VF-1J.

I hope that they aren't making the same mistake with the upcoming Hikaru VF-1J release.

By 1A, do you mean the CF? If so, that's disappointing. I was looking forward to having a correct adapter with my on-order CF 1A and Hikaru 1J to use with my other Hi Metals. I'd be curious to know if others have seen the same with theirs.

I've tried using the one that came with my VF-1S in plain fighter mode, and as Jenius shows in his video, you can sort of make it work, but it's by no means ideal.

Edited by ScrambledValkyrie

[align=left]HI-METAL R《超時空要塞》偉基利VF-1A feat. Yamato 1/60~[/align]
[align=left]I like the size! $56 is value for money~[/align]http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2016/10/hi-metal-rvf-1a-feat-yamato-160.html
[align=left][float=left]_DSC8728.JPG[/float][/align]

[float=left]_DSC8730.JPG[/float]
[align=center][float=left]_DSC8729.JPG[/float]
[/align]

Awesome pics. Only one tiny critique, you forgot to extend the lense on the Hi-metal 1A :D