Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I agree with the fiddly part, both arms popped off mine during first transformation, lost one for 15 minutes down in the depths of the couch...nosecone flew off at one point too, luckily I saw where it went. It's not a bad transformation, but the arms are tough and the head on mine doesn't seem like it lays flat enough in fighter mode and it's difficult to get it rotated properly and get the swing bar up flat under it all at the same time.

I think the HMR arm transformations are affected by the metal used in the shoulder joints. The metal shoulder joints are stiffer compared to the original Hi-Metal, but unfortunately the sockets don't grip the ball joints as well as in the original plastic shoulders, with the result that when you apply extra force to move the stiffer shoulders you end up popping the arms off. It's happened to me a couple of time as well. They obviously added the metal thinking it would be more durable, but in hindsight it looks like it caused increased arm-poppage.

Can anyone here read chinese?

I placed the order for my HMR Max on a store called Toysbuddy HK, and today i got the following message, which I can't read:

"各位玩具迷團會員

通知大家一聲, 由於 BU TOYS 未能提供預訂產品貨期, 而在 2015-2016 已確認推出的產品已超過較早時定下的出貨時間, 而官方亦沒有任何更新, 據了解, 相關負責人暫時未能聯絡及不能提供任何產品資訊, 為不想令玩具迷團會員有任何損失, 現時會將 BU TOYS 的所有產品全線下架及於10月中安排陸續退款, 請大家保留相關收據, 如有任何查詢, 可電郵到 info@toysbuddyhk.com , 不便之處, 敬請原諒...

多謝支持

玩具迷團上"

Can anyone tell me what it says?

Thanks

My VF-1S seems fine in comparison to other versions. But I consider all Valkyrie transformations pretty fiddly, except maybe the early 1/55 and the toy I had a s a kid that these HMR's remind me of:

Henkei%20Hik%20small%20371.jpg

Obviously, HMRs are much nicer and a bit more fiddly.

Ha! i had the vf-1s from this line. I forget what they were called, but there was an sdf-1 as well, along with some other mecha from other anime.

Ha! i had the vf-1s from this line. I forget what they were called, but there was an sdf-1 as well, along with some other mecha from other anime.

Yep, I had/have the VF-1S as well and I used to take it with me everywhere as a kid. Battroid mode wasn't too bad.

Edited by Slave IV

I placed the order for my HMR Max on a store called Toysbuddy HK, and today i got the following message, which I can't read:

"各位玩具迷團會員

通知大家一聲, 由於 BU TOYS 未能提供預訂產品貨期, 而在 2015-2016 已確認推出的產品已超過較早時定下的出貨時間, 而官方亦沒有任何更新, 據了解, 相關負責人暫時未能聯絡及不能提供任何產品資訊, 為不想令玩具迷團會員有任何損失, 現時會將 BU TOYS 的所有產品全線下架及於10月中安排陸續退款, 請大家保留相關收據, 如有任何查詢, 可電郵到 info@toysbuddyhk.com , 不便之處, 敬請原諒...

多謝支持

玩具迷團上"

Thanks

This is how Chrome translated it:

"To inform you that soon, due to the failure to provide reservation BU TOYS product delivery, while in 2015-2016 has confirmed the launch of the product has exceeded the earlier set shipping time, but also do not have any official update, it is understood, the responsible people temporarily unable to contact and does not provide any product information, so that you do not want toys mysteries members have nothing to lose now will BU TOYS all products line the shelves and arrange the refund in another 10 months, please keep the relevant receipts, For inquiries, please email to info@toysbuddyhk.com , inconvenience, please forgive me ...

Thanks for your support"

Converters! that's what they were called.

http://www.toyarchive.com/Convertors/Convertors.html

Stuff from Orguss, Dorvack, Galvion, Macross was in here...among others

The original Macross releases were from Takatoku.

They were called Macross Henkei Types.

Takatoku Macross Henkei Types.....

gallery_12176_633_640455.jpg

gallery_12176_633_948794.jpg

Select Toys "Macross" Convertors....

gallery_12176_633_2069479.jpg

gallery_12176_633_499804.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1207816.jpg

Just like the Takatoku 1/100 and 1/55....There were also a ton of bootleg Henkeis made....

Edited by jvmacross

This is how Chrome translated it:

"To inform you that soon, due to the failure to provide reservation BU TOYS product delivery, while in 2015-2016 has confirmed the launch of the product has exceeded the earlier set shipping time, but also do not have any official update, it is understood, the responsible people temporarily unable to contact and does not provide any product information, so that you do not want toys mysteries members have nothing to lose now will BU TOYS all products line the shelves and arrange the refund in another 10 months, please keep the relevant receipts, For inquiries, please email to info@toysbuddyhk.com , inconvenience, please forgive me ...

Thanks for your support"

Thanks, I had done that but is was hard to understand

looks liks you're fine as long as you didn't order anything from BU toys, Convect. They're cancelling all BU toys pre-orders and will refund starting mid-Oct for BU toy orders.

Thanks a lot! That´s what I needed to know. I guess there's no problems with my VF-1J Max reservation

I think they're just telling you they don't know when it will be released and if it doesn't come out within 10 months you'll get a refund?

Could be. Thanks!

basically they can't fill the order and are arranging refunds beginning mid October. They ask customer to keep the receipt and contact them by the given email address with any questions.

Sorry to hear that....

"各位玩具迷團會員

多謝支持

玩具迷團上"

Thanks

So that means I won't get my Max VF-1J?

No.

I asked a co-worker here and it states something like this:

Informing everyone that BU Toys couldn't meet everyone's preorders. Product supposed to release between 2015-2016 has already been passed. The company didn't have any updates regarding when the product will get released. Whoever is in charge cannot be reach to give us information. We don't want to disappoint our customers. We are not accepting any more orders and we will return the payments made to the product sometime in the middle of October.

Please keep the receipt of the payment. For more info or questions, email info@toysbuddyhk.com. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Got my brownies in. Haven't messed with them yet, I got a lot of other things in at the same time, but they look good, TV and DYRL options in one box was a good idea in my opinion.

attachicon.gif20161004_215319.jpg

Multiple CFs, huh?

I cancelled my hlj order, but honored my ami order for it when I saw the nice head-gimmick.

One CF is enough for me.

Edited by treatment

Having a lot of any figure is cool if you can find an awesome way to display them, but, if you have to cram them together somewhere uninteresting with no room to breathe or pose it loses the sense of being an "army" and just turns into a crowd. My opinion anyway. These figures look so much better when you can give them a sense of movement.

Having a lot of any figure is cool if you can find an awesome way to display them, but, if you have to cram them together somewhere uninteresting with no room to breathe or pose it loses the sense of being an "army" and just turns into a crowd. My opinion anyway. These figures look so much better when you can give them a sense of movement.

I agree for any collection. The displays I like the least are the ones where people have tons of figures crammed onto shelves and all of them are in static, standing straight poses to make room. "Action Figures" should portray some sort of "action", IMO. Of course, it looks awesome if you have the space to do so with an army of figures! But it also depends...if you don't have room to display them but you take them down to pose and "play" with them, that works. Or whatever since everyone should enjoy their collection how they want.

Edited by Slave IV

I agree for any collection. The displays I like the least are the ones where people have tons of figures crammed onto shelves and all of them are in static, standing straight poses to make room. "Action Figures" should portray some sort of "action", IMO. Of course, it looks awesome if you have the space to do so with an army of figures! But it also depends...if you don't have room to display them but you take them down to pose and "play" with them, that works. Or whatever since everyone should enjoy their collection how they want.

(Pretending that I didn't read the 'also depends' section.)

Ouch. I'm going to stop collecting now. Farewell guys. Thank you. You've been so nice to me. Have fun collecting. :cray:

You wish. :acute:

My box came in yesterday with a few goodies including the tamashii trident stand. I hope they release more DYRL stuff so I can add it to my growing display cabinet

attachicon.gifIMG_6250.JPG

Awesome! ;)

What's wrong with a "crowded" or "Static" display? :huh:

njaggp7qrdmmcv2prdoa.jpg

nimitz-hangar-03.jpg

Untitled-1-2.jpg

hangar.jpg

gallery_12176_633_540404.jpg

gallery_12176_633_424333.jpg

gallery_12176_633_31519.jpg

gallery_12176_633_663392.jpg

gallery_12176_633_38665.jpg

Thanks for the save, JVM! :drinks:

Sorry, I didn't have time to 'snip' the 'static crowded' photos. :rolleyes: ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

(Pretending that I didn't read the 'also depends' section.)

Ouch. I'm going to stop collecting now. Farewell guys. Thank you. You've been so nice to me. Have fun collecting. :cray:

You wish. :acute:

:D No offense!

What's wrong with a "crowded" or "Static" display? :huh:

njaggp7qrdmmcv2prdoa.jpg

nimitz-hangar-03.jpg

Untitled-1-2.jpg

hangar.jpg

gallery_12176_633_540404.jpg

gallery_12176_633_424333.jpg

gallery_12176_633_31519.jpg

gallery_12176_633_663392.jpg

gallery_12176_633_38665.jpg

Absolutely nothing wrong with those! There is a lot of "action" portrayed in those shots! Actually, I haven't seen many Macross displays I don't like because people seem to do them well. I'm mostly talking about collections where all the figures are in bot mode, standing straight up and crammed together on shelves to fit as many as possible.

My box came in yesterday with a few goodies including the tamashii trident stand. I hope they release more DYRL stuff so I can add it to my growing display cabinet

attachicon.gifIMG_6250.JPG

Awesome! I ordered a trident stage that is on its way with a CF for mounting HMRs too!

Just be a bit careful about those Tridents/SA-5 stands from Bandai.

I don't personally trust them for displaying in battroid or even gerwalk modes. Especially with the extender tubes.

I think there was somebody here who got his Roy do an unfortunate shelf-dive when being used with an tubed-extended SA-5 stand.

Just be a bit careful about those Tridents/SA-5 stands from Bandai.

I don't personally trust them for displaying in battroid or even gerwalk modes. Especially with the extender tubes.

I think there was somebody here who got his Roy do an unfortunate shelf-dive when being used with an tubed-extended SA-5 stand.

Thanks for the warning! The stands and connectors do seem touchy but they seem ok once you get it all set up. Probably should tighten the joints if you are doing anything that seems iffy. My 1S fell out of the shelf and onto the hardwood floor and other than some parts flying off, it was fine. Of course, I don't want that happening regularly.

Edited by Slave IV