Hi-Metal R

joppewo

For those that's getting an extra shipping charge message , what was your shipping , EMS, RSal ?

Did you preorder earlier that comes with free stand? Or later no stand?

Did you order just 1?

The extra box and the extra stand will add some weight but it shouldn't be 1000 yen worth. The weight of those extra shouldn't be more than 150grams.

And the size shouldn't matter much to the price because of how small the regular ones are , it should all still fit within the small parcel restrictions.

EMS

Earlier Pre-Order with stand

(1)

US - Midwest

But hey, this is N-Y. When I saw it I went immediately from WTF to LOL and paid it. Got my shipping notice over night.

I may actually order another one at some point because I think I'm gonna keep this one MISB.

-b.

I would probably be more excited for the 1a if it had the add ons, but it's odd that the movie version has no fast packs. If it were the tv version I could understand since I don't remember a cf with the packs in the show. Likewise I don't remember a movie version without fast packs, other than a load out scene.

Text says it includes parts for both movie and tv version, and I still don't know what the subtle difference is between the two.

TV:

vf-1a-headunitmultipleviews.gif

TV "clown" hand....."magic hands" are supposedly found in both TV and DYRL arms....

vf-1-magichands.gif

DYRL:

vf-1a-dyrl-head.gif

vf-1-dyrl-hands.gif

It can also be argued that the "brown" color also varies between the TV and film versions.....

Additionally, the cockpit canopy is different between the TV, DYRL, and Macross the First!

VF1_canopy_variants.jpg

But I think the HMR line has adopted the DYRL type for their canopies.....they also, based on the HM release and the prototypes shown for the HMR releases, seem to be adopting the DYRL type of fast-packs and armor....the released GBP was clearly meant to be a DYRL version, but they goofed up the color of the missile tips!

And of course.....the pilots.....

TV.....

464beee3e9496&filename=spes_2010_1.gif

DYRL.....

464bef876e23e&filename=spes_2011_1.gif

I hope they mean they will include VF-1A head units for both TV and DYRL versions! That hasn't been done since the cheapo Banpresto VF-1 valks!....But they may just mean they will throw in some "clown" hands....

Edited by jvmacross

That magazine image of the VF-1A is hinting the release of a new stand called ACT TRIDENT PLUS(Dark Blue or Clear ver.) Maybe it will be a more ground level version of the trident.

A new trident stand? Yes!!! I've been planning my Robot Damashii collection around dioramas with three mecha. I was really bummed when I saw that they had been discontinued and the price of the clear one had skyrocketed. The whole thing felt strange knowing that a trident stand with the UN Spacy insignia had been used in marketing of the HMR line.

Being able to vary the length of the arms would be good, but otherwise I'm personally hoping that they are not that much different from the old ones.

Is the cockpit glass on the HMR removable for pilot swapping?

Yes, but the pilot is not removable (currently glued in place). So they will probably need to change it so the pilot can be pulled out and plugged back into the seat.

gallery_12176_633_939340.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

Yeah, clown/DYRL hands are already included in the HM-R toys (I think the original HM i have also). Due to the price I'm sure we aren't getting fast packs. I am willing to bet they will release a set WITH fast packs. Bandai is gonna milk the **** out of this.

Yeah, clown/DYRL hands are already included in the HM-R toys (I think the original HM i have also). Due to the price I'm sure we aren't getting fast packs. I am willing to bet they will release a set WITH fast packs. Bandai is gonna milk the **** out of this.

Clown hands and DYRL hands are two different things...

Clown hands and DYRL hands are two different things...

I know. Looking at the HMR releases, apparently they don't come with clown hands (I have only had the VF-1S Hikaru for a week now), but the old HM line (which I'm more familiar with) came with BOTH sets of hands. So yeah, it was my bad. There's so many pieces I haven't touched in the HMR toy and there wouldn't be a reason to put the SDFM hands on the DYRL toy.

Edited by easnoddy

I don't quite get why the CF-1A promo pics on Tamashii-web has DYRL-head, DYRL-hands, and DYRL-pilot.

Yet it has TV brown-feet.

The magazine-scan has TV clown-hands and TV-head.

:blink:

:touche:

At this scale, acceptable compromises.....these HMR VF-1's all seem to also have DYRL-style canopies and unless they are designing TV-style Super Packs.....those will remain DYRL-style also....

Either way, this line is pure win for Bandai.....

I know. Looking at the HMR releases, apparently they don't come with clown hands (I have only had the VF-1S Hikaru for a week now), but the old HM line (which I'm more familiar with) came with BOTH sets of hands. So yeah, it was my bad. There's so many pieces I haven't touched in the HMR toy and there wouldn't be a reason to put the SDFM hands on the DYRL toy.

I think only the 1Js came with both style hands from the old HM line.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I would want these in DX-Chogokin scale, tho.

Still hoping Arcadia will do a 1/60 version if Bandai passes on 'em...

yeah, i'll be interesting if they do a dx vf-1 ex, i want to see it go head to head w arcadia

yeah, i'll be interesting if they do a dx vf-1 ex, i want to see it go head to head w arcadia

This, but even more so I really want to see what Bandai can do with a larger scale, modern take on the VF-1.

I want my 1/35 VF-1EX! Both schemes...

Pass. Then I'll be on the "this cost too damn much hate train". :p

Plus, storage is already way past being at a premium. I really need a garage just for my toys.

-b.

I don't quite get why the CF-1A promo pics on Tamashii-web has DYRL-head, DYRL-hands, and DYRL-pilot.

Yet it has TV brown-feet.

The magazine-scan has TV clown-hands and TV-head.

:blink:

:touche:

This.

Brown feet for TV. Hope the pilot is interchangeable.

Well the one in the first pics are move type with square hands movie pilot and movie head, in the next pics they show tv head an round hands for the show. If the pilot can be swapped out I'm in.

I was dissapointed when I thought the was a movie only version without fast packs, but now that it's a 2 in1 I'm more interested.