Hi-Metal R

joppewo

54 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

So, the original Armored VF-1J was white/gray, the standalone VF-1J was white, and the new Armored VF-1J is a brighter white? Did I get that right? :)

That is correct.  The original Armored VF-1J is also not a TV version or TV VF-1J Hikaru.

32 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

I didn't even consider the cockpit tint.

It does make me wonder what version of Hikaru's VF-1J they used in the announcement image. Probably the one from the recent Armored release.

B5369432-A2BD-4CD4-9926-7A918688DFE4.jpeg

The TV VF-1J Hikaru from the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie Revival has the correct cockpit tint.  The one in the announcement image is either this version or a future TV VF-1J Hikaru Revival.

5 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

So is Bandai not releasing another stand-alone Hikaru 1J? I thought that image above wasn't the GBP release or the older Hi-Metal R stand-alone release, I thought it was a new one, again. I'm a bit confused too, which Hi-Metal 1J is in the promo image above with the rest of Vermillion? 

Time will tell whether Bandai releases a TV VF-1J Hikaru Revival or expect people to just buy the Armored Valkyrie Revival.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

That is correct.  The original Armored VF-1J is also not a TV version or TV VF-1J Hikaru.

The TV VF-1J Hikaru from the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie Revival has the correct cockpit tint.  The one in the announcement image is either this version or a future TV VF-1J Hikaru Revival.

Time will tell whether Bandai releases a TV VF-1J Hikaru Revival or expect people to just buy the Armored Valkyrie Revival.

Thank you sh9000! (and Jenius too) :)

Edited by RDX17
confused

46 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

So is Bandai not releasing another stand-alone Hikaru 1J? I thought that image above wasn't the GBP release or the older Hi-Metal R stand-alone release, I thought it was a new one, again. I'm a bit confused too, which Hi-Metal 1J is in the promo image above with the rest of Vermillion? 

As for the VF-1J (Hikaru) in the promo image, as others suggested, it looks like it might be the VF-1J ARMORED VALKYRIE (Hikaru Ichijo) Revival Ver. being used.

Jesus, didn't knew Bandai was mess at deciding what to release and in what particular order.

Anyways, I went and grabbed an other GBP revival just in case.

Don't want to end with mixed shades of white if a revival or a specific TV VF-1J never gets released.

Luckily Bandai will keep consistent with the shade of white in the DX line 😂

1 hour ago, RDX17 said:

As for the VF-1J (Hikaru) in the promo image, as others suggested, it looks like it might be the VF-1J ARMORED VALKYRIE (Hikaru Ichijo) Revival Ver. being used.

As per the bullet points, it is. :good: 

IMG_8524.JPG.e21d30c079799b802528737a83516f72.JPG

I'm going to do a side by side pic of the new VF-1J TV Hikaru with the VF-1S TV Hikaru (Roy).

1 hour ago, RDX17 said:

Thank you sh9000! (and Jenius too) :)

No problem.

27 minutes ago, Froy said:

Jesus, didn't knew Bandai was mess at deciding what to release and in what particular order.

Anyways, I went and grabbed an other GBP revival just in case.

Don't want to end with mixed shades of white if a revival or a specific TV VF-1J never gets released.

Luckily Bandai will keep consistent with the shade of white in the DX line 😂

You could put the TV GBP on your TV VF-1S from time to time.  I got to check out how that looks too.  It will be interesting if Bandai releases all future Valkyries in the same bright white and ditches the grey or other types of white.

Edited by sh9000

Man, am I glad I never cared about any of my toys of anything matching. I'd rather have variations to make things look more interesting. That being said, I have every HMR release anyways so I guess I won't have a problem matching anything if I really wanted to.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I'm going to do a side by side pic of the new VF-1J TV Hikaru with the VF-1S TV Hikaru (Roy).

No problem.

You could put the TV GBP on your TV VF-1S from time to time.  I got to check out how that looks too.  It will be interesting if Bandai releases all future Valkyries in the same bright white and ditches the grey or other types of white.

My plan was to display one VF-1S with the VF-0S.

One Armored VF-1J with the Super VF-1S

And now that we are getting a full Vermillion team I needed a VF-1J to complete the team.

A still would need a VF-1S to pair it with the VF-1D tho.

These things being relatively cheap allow to go for full team displays without losing an eye or a kidney 😂

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Interesting, so I take it the newer GBP 1J that just came out comes with a Hikaru pilot and not a generic pilot? I saw a few pics, all white head and a separate grey-goggle head, nice they included both. 

Yes.  The TV Hikaru pilot figure comes already inside the cockpit in Battroid mode along with the shoulder cover and side armors already on.

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I'm going to put the GBP on my old HM VF-1J and keep the new one to display as standalone Valkyrie, since the old one is yellowing and the red stripe looks better on the new one

What will you be doing about the tip of the nosecone not being removable on the HM VF-1J for the armor?

2 hours ago, Froy said:

My plan was to display one VF-1S with the VF-0S.

One Armored VF-1J with the Super VF-1S

And now that we are getting a full Vermillion team I needed a VF-1J to complete the team.

A still would need a VF-1S to pair it with the VF-1D tho.

These things being relatively cheap allow to go for full team displays without losing an eye or a kidney 😂

Those are all good pairings.  If you need another TV VF-1S without Super Parts  then I have one available in the For Sale section.

7C3AE461-E056-4E34-AFF6-1760C5B97913.jpeg.a5be3395792b024f7e88f35c4b954af7.jpeg

VF-1J TV Hikaru version 2 with VF-1S TV Roy.  Looking good together.

17 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Good. I'll try that

Cool.  Post a pic of it when you get to it. I'd like to see how it turns out.  I'd also like to see what you make with the HM VF-1S head.

Revivial HMR Armored VF-1J arruved tiday.

Too lazy to get my 1/60s out, so all HMR 1Js for now...

L-R:  HMR standalone VF-1J (v2) using clear canopy, Revival-1J (v3), and original HMR VF-1J (v1):

hmr-vf1j-set.jpg.81cb1e8fa1383d17185182a3fca2f918.jpg

Revival-GBP and OGBP:

GBP-armored-VF1J.jpg.5925c97142b7142380aa8512a89e25b2.jpg

Notes on the Revival edition:

• Bandai should've given us a separate neck-only cover when  in GBP mode.
  • The underside-covers can be kept installed even when in GBP mode.

Edited by treatment

My DYRL VF-1J Armored Valkyrie Rooks in my HMR chess set will now be replaced with TV versions once my second VF-1J Armored Valkyrie Revival to open arrives around August.

1435B571-BAF3-4B26-B0E8-4AE4F81F586D.jpeg.06f2e0d74df122049c90307c3c7ed3b8.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

5 hours ago, treatment said:

Revivial HMR Armored VF-1J arruved tiday.

Too lazy to get my 1/60s out, so all HMR 1Js for now...

L-R:  HMR standalone VF-1J (v2) using clear canopy, Revival-1J (v3), and original HMR VF-1J (v1):

hmr-vf1j-set.jpg.81cb1e8fa1383d17185182a3fca2f918.jpg

Revival-GBP and OGBP:

GBP-armored-VF1J.jpg.5925c97142b7142380aa8512a89e25b2.jpg

Notes on the Revival edition:

• Bandai should've given us a separate neck-only cover when  in GBP mode.
  • The underside-covers can be kept installed even when in GBP mode.

Wait so did they get rid of the toilet bowl cleaner canopy or not? Haven't opened mine yet. 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Macross section at the Tamashii Nations World Tour Tokyo.

image.jpeg.a2cd7ca17ffff2ac181c52299f3853fe.jpeg

What a difference a blue makes....

sung to the tune...

Spoiler

whatever the OD turns out to be.....

...my yesterday was blue dear...today am part of you dear.....:pardon:

Lately I've been buying multiples of HMR releases to permanently keep one in Battroid mode and another in Fighter mode.  The VF-0 is not the most fun to transform, especially getting the arms and legs together in Fighter mode.  Hoping to buy another VF-0S Genius Blue to keep in Fighter mode.  The blue in person of the Genius Blue matches up with recent pics so the VF-0D will most likely also be the same blue as in recent pics.

Just now, Convectuoso said:

Seems like the final colors are not as dark as they looked on the promo pics

Screenshot_2023-06-01-11-39-50-641_com.instagram.android-edit.jpg.5941313c31e372d540816d6ea01ede0e.jpg

Not terrible but I'll be getting clear stands for mine. 

33 minutes ago, borgified said:

Is that Kikaizi’s last meal shown? If so, I just lost my appetite. 🤢

Maybe the person setting up this shot thought so, but it's almost nothing like his last meal.  No veggies, no gravy, and no cast iron plate... and that certainly isn't an "XL steak".  Also, I'm very disappointed that none of the very few Kakizaki toys made this an included accessory.  That's a major oversight in my book.  Mmm, now I'm hungry for a real XL steak... speaking of, where the heck did they get steak on board the Macross, lol?  If anyone wants to recreate this and doesn't wanna spend a fortune, I highly recommend either a thick steak or a thin roast from the chuck eye cut.  It's an often overlooked cut that's usually well marbled with plenty of delishus fat, thus has a lot of great flavor, is very tender despite some occasional sinew and gristle, and yet it's also one of the cheapest cuts.  I've been fasting and am very hungry now... can you tell?🤤

1527850600_kakizakisteak.thumb.png.ae460b50dd089a9b8c2f59af9f39f929.png