Hi-Metal R

joppewo

20 minutes ago, MKT said:

Ah good thing it's not a bundle release forcing Hikaru 1J in.. It's as good as can be hoped for the releases to be separate.
One slight peeve is that these new 'revival' HMR VF-1 could do with further forward angle on their legs / feet in Gerwalk, just like the DX or even Arcadia's 1/60 to allow for more aggressive A-stance. 

Maybe that aggresive A-stance will be in the next HMR-A version .. aggressive version..😅

But who knows, more likely than not(?), there will be another HMR macross wave in future ... like the Robot damashii gundam "anime ver" releases ..😅

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Yup, prices for all toy lines have gone up across the board.

I think because there were so many clearance sales way back in Yamato's heyday and people got used to those sale prices that once Yamato went under (turns out their business model wasn't great for solvency) and Arcadia had to move to a business model that would allow them to actually stay afloat that a bunch of people decided Arcadia was way overpriced and wanted the pricing back from the Yamato days.

I like low prices as much as anyone. But I think Arcadia provides some great value still. 

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

I like low prices as much as anyone. But I think Arcadia provides some great value still. 

Agreed. "Overpriced" is a subjective term, after all. I personally don't consider Arcadia to be overpriced for what I'm getting.

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Agreed. "Overpriced" is a subjective term, after all. I personally don't consider Arcadia to be overpriced for what I'm getting.

Yeah, I think they offer the best overall value for Macross still. You probably know better than most but I even think the PF are a great deal considering how long it takes to do those details yourself. The time it takes is worth more to me than they charge and they do a better job than I have patience for.  I personally just don’t care about those details much so I only get certain ones. 

But I also think most Macross toys from Arcadia and Bandai are a better value than most other toys out there in general. 

3 minutes ago, MKT said:

Someone just posted links in the PO tread, to huge discounts for the Arcadia VF-1 Milia & Max PFs. Such great value in the backdrop of this new HMR VF-1 pricing lol..

I saw that. Seriously considering picking up another M&M pair at that price...

What the f... did they do to the VF-0S' wings?! LOL

I mean i know its probably molded into the figure that the range can extend that far, but iirc anime/lineart wise it wasn't designed to do that... LOL

source is this album from fb:
https://www.facebook.com/henpeck.toy.man/posts/pfbid0FHJ18Y2YbkHxvEtqHZ1t5u8jL917uFcsYEgJQyCzrM4Mme7T9zPHK5emZBhdZokrl

348245519_768641554703469_73080064995738

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

3 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

What the f... did they do to the VF-0S' wings?! LOL

I mean i know its probably molded into the figure that the range can extend that far, but iirc anime/lineart wise it wasn't designed to do that... LOL

source is this album from fb:
https://www.facebook.com/henpeck.toy.man/posts/pfbid0FHJ18Y2YbkHxvEtqHZ1t5u8jL917uFcsYEgJQyCzrM4Mme7T9zPHK5emZBhdZokrl

Lol VF-0S angel  tinkerbell version.

The VF-1J TV Hikaru that comes with the Revival Armored Parts has a much nicer bright white compared to the first release VF-1J TV Hikaru which I always thought had a slight hint of pink to it.  The bright white of the new VF-1J Hikaru looks consistent with the VF-1S TV Hikaru (easy to convert to Roy's) and the upcoming VF-1A TV Max and Kakizaki.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are going to be releases of VF-1J Max and Milia Revivals with dark grey goggles and the light grey parts of the Valks now in bright white.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are going to be releases of VF-1J Max and Milia Revivals with dark grey goggles and the light grey parts of the Valks now in bright white.

And maybe without the white super parts, and using correct TV arm packs?  That would honestly tempt me to buy another set.

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

And maybe without the white super parts, and using correct TV arm packs?  That would honestly tempt me to buy another set.

Yeah I would buy at least 2 of each.  It's a good way for Bandai to make use of the new TV arm armor.

7 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I know it's a long shot but, does anyone have a spare HM VF-1S head? I need it for a custom.

Please, let me know

I have 2 spare HM VF-1S heads with 1 I think stiill going to @Slave IV.  Let me know.

68E8E4AB-FF28-433C-BE97-202EEC177447.jpeg.ae526cbeda8cec25b7b36f19bb244223.jpeg

Since the first Armored Valkyrie release is from DYRL and not Hikaru's, here is a comparison of HMR TV VF-1J Hikaru version 1 (left) and version 2 (right).  Version 2 is brighter white, has larger TV hands (no more fixed gundpod hand though), side covers, and a slightly different red stripe on the chest.

Just now, sh9000 said:

68E8E4AB-FF28-433C-BE97-202EEC177447.jpeg.ae526cbeda8cec25b7b36f19bb244223.jpeg

Since the first Armored Valkyrie release is from DYRL and not Hikaru's, here is a comparison of HMR TV VF-1J Hikaru version 1 (left) and version 2 (right).  Version 2 is brighter white, has larger TV hands (no more fixed gundpod hand though), side covers, and a slightly different red stripe on the chest.

That makes me think about passing on the original release and get a second revival to have a naked VF-1J for the upcoming Vermillion team since those will be bright too I guess. I will end with an unused GBP armor tho.

30 minutes ago, jenius said:

They also released a standalone TV Hikaru VF-1J that's bright white you could look for.

Have DYRL versions of Kakizaki and Jenius be released in the Hi-Metal R line yet (VF-1As)?

I know they were released in the original Hi-Metal line (without super parts?), but have their DYRL versions even been teased in a display yet? I can't remember at this point.

41 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

Have DYRL versions of Kakizaki and Jenius be released in the Hi-Metal R line yet (VF-1As)?

I know they were released in the original Hi-Metal line (without super parts?), but have their DYRL versions even been teased in a display yet? I can't remember at this point.

Would not surprise me in the slightest.  Bandai teases anything and everything they can make easily, with no regard for what will ever actually get produced.  It's been so long, they were probably part of the initial HMR announcement display.

To be perfectly honest though, I'm really not interested in more "DYRL" HMR VF-1s, because they'll just be more of that boring gray plastic, instead of the bright white they used on the TV Hikaru VF-1S.  At this point, it'd probably be more effective to just pick up extras of the 1S, and repaint the stripes.

Edited by Chronocidal

56 minutes ago, jenius said:

They also released a standalone TV Hikaru VF-1J that's bright white you could look for.

Wasn't aware of that one. The only 3 I know are the original Hi Metal release, the one in the GBP bundle and the Hi Metal R stand alone. Is the last one the one you are referring to?

2 minutes ago, Froy said:

Wasn't aware of that one. The only 3 I know are the original Hi Metal release, the one in the GBP bundle and the Hi Metal R stand alone. Is the last one the one you are referring to?

The hi metal came out first, then there was the first armored version, then an updated version,  and I think this one has all the updates and if I’m not mistaken a fourth for the vermillion thing. It’s getting a bit confusing 

2 hours ago, Froy said:

That makes me think about passing on the original release and get a second revival to have a naked VF-1J for the upcoming Vermillion team since those will be bright too I guess. I will end with an unused GBP armor tho.

Yeah I would recommend the TV VF-1J from the Armored Valkyrie Revival set.  The bright white will match the TV VF-1S and upcoming TV VF-1A Max and Kakizaki.

11 minutes ago, Froy said:

The standalone is the one on the left in my pic above.  That white won't match with the newer TV releases.

Edited by sh9000

15 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah I would recommend the TV VF-1J from the Armored Valkyrie Revival set.  The bright white will match the TV VF-1S and upcoming TV VF-1A Max and Kakizaki.

The standalone is the one on the left in my pic above.  That white won't match with the newer TV releases.

So, the original Armored VF-1J was white/gray, the standalone VF-1J was white, and the new Armored VF-1J is a brighter white? Did I get that right? :)

Edited by RDX17

So many whites lol.. all we need now is a version of white that’s pinkish like Arcadia :p

Still, it’s not only if the white of the standalone HMR 1J will match the rest of upcoming Vermillion team, but the cockpit tints greatly differ as well.
The standalone 1J has a very blue cockpit tint, as opposed to grey/black, so it will stick out like a sore thumb if intend to display the whole team in Fighter together.

9 minutes ago, MKT said:

So many whites lol.. all we need now is a version of white that’s pinkish like Arcadia :p

Still, it’s not only if the white of the standalone HMR 1J will match the rest of upcoming Vermillion team, but the cockpit tints greatly differ as well.
The standalone 1J has a very blue cockpit tint, as opposed to grey/black, so it will stick out like a sore thumb if intend to display the whole team in Fighter together.

I didn't even consider the cockpit tint.

It does make me wonder what version of Hikaru's VF-1J they used in the announcement image. Probably the one from the recent Armored release.

B5369432-A2BD-4CD4-9926-7A918688DFE4.jpeg

Just now, MKT said:

This is getting wild. I still remember the days if the old Yamato V.2 releases. I ended with multiple VF-1S after they started releasing the TV series valks.

Never liked the Strike Parts on the bright white TV series like Arcadia did.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Would not surprise me in the slightest.  Bandai teases anything and everything they can make easily, with no regard for what will ever actually get produced.  It's been so long, they were probably part of the initial HMR announcement display.

To be perfectly honest though, I'm really not interested in more "DYRL" HMR VF-1s, because they'll just be more of that boring gray plastic, instead of the bright white they used on the TV Hikaru VF-1S.  At this point, it'd probably be more effective to just pick up extras of the 1S, and repaint the stripes.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I'd still like to complete the DYRL VF-1As with their super-parts.

So is Bandai not releasing another stand-alone Hikaru 1J? I thought that image above wasn't the GBP release or the older Hi-Metal R stand-alone release, I thought it was a new one, again. I'm a bit confused too, which Hi-Metal 1J is in the promo image above with the rest of Vermillion?