Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Nice purchase @MisaForever. What do you think of the HMR VF-0 coming straight from the VF-1?

Just couple of tips:

1. Heat shield in battroid can be pulled down further to completely cover the cockpit. It is very tight though, so it does take some effort.

2. Shoulders can be flipped down in Guar.. err, Gerwalk, to allow clearance under the wings without having to swing whole arms forward or sweep the wings further back.

6 hours ago, MisaForever said:

Alright. So I just happened upon a VF-0S today at my local Kpop/anime store (yeah I know, strange but it's a cool store). Anyways, I grabbed it and cancelled the order I had for one that was taking forever. LOL.

There's a local store with it, but at a higher price than some online prices. I don't know if I'd succumb if I went there...but I have been meaning to go to that store...

11 hours ago, MKT said:

Nice purchase @MisaForever. What do you think of the HMR VF-0 coming straight from the VF-1?

Just couple of tips:

1. Heat shield in battroid can be pulled down further to completely cover the cockpit. It is very tight though, so it does take some effort.

2. Shoulders can be flipped down in Guar.. err, Gerwalk, to allow clearance under the wings without having to swing whole arms forward or sweep the wings further back.

Thank ya. It's very nice looking in all modes, though it did seem a bit more temperamental when transforming, especially into fighter mode. But I'm happy with it. I have to say though that the instructions for these HMR are pretty horrible, at least when it tries to show you what to do with small close-ups. 

And thanks for those tips! I kept trying to pull the hear shield down but couldn't so good to know I won't break it. LOL. 

5 hours ago, MisaForever said:

Thank ya. It's very nice looking in all modes, though it did seem a bit more temperamental when transforming, especially into fighter mode. But I'm happy with it. I have to say though that the instructions for these HMR are pretty horrible, at least when it tries to show you what to do with small close-ups. 

And thanks for those tips! I kept trying to pull the hear shield down but couldn't so good to know I won't break it. LOL. 

ok it happened to me so i'm sharing. In battroid mode yes the heat shield needs to be pulled down as far as it can to fully cover the canopy. Just be careful not to manhandle it too much because the heat shield will make contact & rub against the black frame of the canopy and it WILL chip the paint off it. - happened to me twice in the same spot consistently.😁

18 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

ok it happened to me so i'm sharing. In battroid mode yes the heat shield needs to be pulled down as far as it can to fully cover the canopy. Just be careful not to manhandle it too much because the heat shield will make contact & rub against the black frame of the canopy and it WILL chip the paint off it. - happened to me twice in the same spot consistently.😁

Okay, thanks. Appreciate the tip.

I'm a little bummed I sold most of my Hi-Metal R stuff off over the last several years, I figured the line was dead and I needed the space, so away it went. It all went to good homes, I sold everything here on MW, but still, I had a lot of cool stuff, Regults, all the valkyrie releases, several Regult missile sets, I kept the "good" stuff but all the cannon fodder 1As and enemy mecha are long gone.

Oh well, I'm hoping we keep getting more interesting valks in the R line, VF-0s are a step in the right direction, SV-51 would be nice, a modern 19 would be cool too, VF-11 is my holy grail. I never bit on the 0D, and I sold my Yamato 0S long ago, I'm glad I got another chance at these valks even if they're in a different scale. On topic, even with a slight color difference that 0D looks fantastic! I'm in for the Max 0S as well, a 0A seems a no brainer at this point, I'd be in for at least one. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

I'm a little bummed I sold most of my Hi-Metal R stuff off over the last several years, I figured the line was dead and I needed the space, so away it went. It all went to good homes, I sold everything here on MW, but still, I had a lot of cool stuff, Regults, all the valkyrie releases, several Regult missile sets, I kept the "good" stuff but all the cannon fodder 1As and enemy mecha are long gone.

Oh well, I'm hoping we keep getting more interesting valks in the R line, VF-0s are a step in the right direction, SV-51 would be nice, a modern 19 would be cool too, VF-11 is my holy grail. I never bit on the 0D, and I sold my Yamato 0S long ago, I'm glad I got another chance at these valks even if they're in a different scale. On topic, even with a slight color difference that 0D looks fantastic! I'm in for the Max 0S as well, a 0A seems a no brainer at this point, I'd be in for at least one. 

Arguably, the enemy mecha and 1As are the best stuff from the HMR line (+ the Destroids).😆

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Arguably, the enemy mecha and 1As are the best stuff from the HMR line (+ the Destroids).😆

The Regults were really well done, and I loved the Glaug. I still have my Monster, zero chance I was getting rid of that big boy. 

45 minutes ago, Mommar said:

And if you don't live in those five cities?

What, you mean you're not dedicated enough to buy a plane ticket to be able to attend Bandai's event?

Clearly you're just not worthy of owning it. :p 

Yeah, Bandai can go suck an egg.  A part of me misses when Macross was an obscure franchise supported by companies that made products the fans asked for, and produced enough to meet demand.

Edited by Chronocidal

7 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

What, you mean you're not dedicated enough to buy a plane ticket to be able to attend Bandai's event?

Clearly you're just not worthy of owning it. :p 

Yeah, Bandai can go suck an egg.  A part of me misses when Macross was an obscure franchise supported by companies that made products the fans asked for, and produced enough to meet demand.

I would hope , after the hype dies down, that this would become more widely available. Otherwise it will be one of the most rare and sought after HI Metal R's ever. 

2 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I would hope , after the hype dies down, that this would become more widely available. Otherwise it will be one of the most rare and sought after HI Metal R's ever. 

Rare?  Maybe.  Sought after?  I actually kind of doubt that.  It's unique.. that doesn't guarantee people will actually want it.

Not saying it's not a good product, but it's a non-canon variant from a lesser-known series that no one was ever asking for in the first place.

Edited by Chronocidal

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

And if you don't live in those five cities?

If you really want it, you can probably ask anyone you know who lives in the area. If not, you can probably wait until it shows up in the secondary market. :good: 

Edit: I don't want to suggest it. But LunaPark is accepting PO's for Max's VF-0S as posted on PO Thread Page 70. In case you really want it and can't be there in person. Just be cautious.

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/hi-metal-r-vf-0s-phoenix-genius-blue-ver-japan-version

Edited by no3Ljm

I'd like to thank Hasegawa for unexpectedly providing what Bandai has only teased for years now... 

Regultscoutontherocks.jpg.9571c5784eeff4ab20735c159cd62392.jpg

...and at a more accurate scale than Bandai's undersized Regults, too. ☺️

Regultscoutinthehangar.jpg.1c5b7741e4dfd97733daa6f4a3a9a75b.jpg

Sure, it requires decals and panel-lining (and a little paint, even), but it's a mere fraction of the cost of an HMR.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I'd like to thank Hasegawa for unexpectedly providing what Bandai has only teased for years now... 

Sure, it requires decals and panel-lining (and a little paint, even), but it's a mere fraction of the cost of an HMR.

Great you made me order one. :blink:

How big is it next to the HMR Regult? 

7 hours ago, tekering said:

......AND the skills of a master model maker!...Looks great @tekering! Can't wait to get to mine! 

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

How big is it next to the HMR Regult? 

IMG_4450.jpeg.74fbc8ced84b426433b6944787848601.jpeg

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

......AND the skills of a master model maker!

They're not complicated kits.  Note the Hasegawa on the right was just snapped together straight outta the box, with no paint or glue; the standard Regult needs little more than decals and panel-lining to look as good as an HMR (with the potential to look so much better, if you know what you're doing). ☺️

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Looks so awesome! 

1 hour ago, tekering said:

IMG_4450.jpeg.74fbc8ced84b426433b6944787848601.jpeg

They're not complicated kits.  Note the Hasegawa on the right was just snapped together straight outta the box, with no paint or glue; the standard Regult needs little more than decals and panel-lining to look as good as an HMR (with the potential to look so much better, if you know what you're doing). ☺️

The size comparison to HMR is very helpful indeed as I've always wondered how big Hasegawa Regults are, built.:good:

I like my HMR Regult but standing right next to Hasegawa, the exposed knee joints are rather eye sore.

15 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Are there limits, though? I plan on going, but I wondered about that.

There's no specific mention of how many you can buy.

Here's what it says on the event link: https://tamashiiweb.com/special/tour/?wovn=en#excl

-------------------------------

If the event that the Company determines that a fraudulent act or potentially fraudulent act was committed, your purchase will be voided.
In addition, the Company may suspend further transactions or cancel your membership registration.  

(Ex.) Multiple purchases by the same person, purchases made using fraudulent accounts using false information or the personal information of a third party, unauthorized access to the website, etc.  

*When a purchase is made, it is assumed that you have agreed to the Sales Precautions. Please read it in advance thoroughly.

-------------------------------

17 hours ago, tekering said:

Nice! Love the build @tekering. :good: