Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The clear stands that come with the missile effects are some of the best stands I've used with HMR.

5 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Anyone know if Tamashii Effect Explosion work well with HMR?  Are they too big?  Are they even worth getting if they ever get re-released for 1980 yen again?

They work well.  Here are some old pics.

CDAE2220-FC57-4ED9-BEEC-BBA8D1D23E1B.jpeg.dd0771dd91da521a5bd75c49c0f545ff.jpeg

42B81828-D9A8-403A-A970-FAD2FA7E3EC0.jpeg.d56ec2b33d6627e1e54de447f30abfa0.jpeg

12 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I don't think I have ever been able to find a Tamashii Stage Act Trident or Trident Plus stand for a decent price (less then $20 US).  I'm not paying $40+ for one.

Here's a link to a 3 pack of Stage Act 5 on Amazon.com for $25.  There is a 2 pack for $21.98, but you know... 

TAMASHII NATIONS Bandai Act.5 for Mechanics Clear Action Figure

The 2 pack was $9.99 back in 2019 and the 3 pack was $10.53 back in 2017!

Wow I just looked up the trident stand and am surprised to see the crazy prices people want for them. Why doesn't bandai re-release it?

Boy, Bandai must be hurting for skilled workers lately.. Had several mis-drilled pinholes in my Max YF-29, and now I get my VF-1S with packs, and half the markings are printed cockeyed.  I might have to source some decals for the packs, because the kites are just as bad as the whacked-out skulls. <_< 

Are they headhunting cross-eyed workers here?

Glad to finally have a white VF-1S at least, but yeeesh.

Edited by Chronocidal

20 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Boy, Bandai must be hurting for skilled workers lately.. Had several mis-drilled pinholes in my Max YF-29, and now I get my VF-1S with packs, and half the markings are printed cockeyed.  I might have to source some decals for the packs, because the kites are just as bad as the whacked-out skulls. <_< 

Are they headhunting cross-eyed workers here?

Glad to finally have a white VF-1S at least, but yeeesh.

Allow me to unbox tonight to validate your frustration.:crazy:

3 hours ago, DewPoint said:

:good: Nice!  Thanks guys.  Now I just need to keep an eye out for a re-release or a used one at a decent price.  At least it's a "nice to have" item and not a "need it".

There are also KO explosion effects that are cheaper in price.

37 minutes ago, MisaForever said:

Got my first HMR today!!!! Love it. A bit fiddly and I lost count how many times the antenna fell off but still, awesome figure.

Cool pics of Max. It's great to see someone just now discovering this line. Takes me back to 2016.

One thing - it looks like you have the wings attached to the wrong sides.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Cool pics of Max. It's great to see someone just now discovering this line. Takes me back to 2016.

One thing - it looks like you have the wings attached to the wrong sides.

Haha thanks. Wait, do I?? I thought they matched the images in the instructions. :shok: I'll check again.

25 minutes ago, MisaForever said:

Haha thanks. Wait, do I?? I thought they matched the images in the instructions. :shok: I'll check again.

Red kite symbol should be on the left wing and pointing forward, so yes, they're on the wrong sides. Since all of the wings are detachable with HMR, it's an easy mistake to make.

item_0000011456_VLo1vlYf_08.jpg

57 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Red kite symbol should be on the left wing and pointing forward, so yes, they're on the wrong sides. Since all of the wings are detachable with HMR, it's an easy mistake to make.

item_0000011456_VLo1vlYf_08.jpg

^_^ Well that explains why I thought something looked off but didn't really give it much thought cause I was so impressed by everything. LOL Okay, thanks for the heads up!

Edited by MisaForever

On 3/2/2023 at 9:42 PM, MisaForever said:

^_^ Well that explains why I thought something looked off but didn't really give it much thought cause I was so impressed by everything. LOL Okay, thanks for the heads up!

I'm glad the swappable wing implementation was done much better on the HMR line than the awful 171 wings. Then again, the swapping wing gimmick on the 171 was just a cynical move by Bandai to force people to buy another armor set. :unknw:

1 minute ago, Bolt said:

Cool. It looks like your backpack needs to be flipped up., in battroid mode. ;)

See, I wondered about that but some images have it down!! I wasn't sure which way it was meant to be. LOL. Regardless, I'm keeping it in Guardian mode so it's all good. B))

1 minute ago, MisaForever said:

See, I wondered about that but some images have it down!! I wasn't sure which way it was meant to be. LOL. Regardless, I'm keeping it in Guardian mode so it's all good. B))

Maybe swap out the left hand for symmetry with the right hand?

1 hour ago, MisaForever said:

Nice! :good: 

But, what's a 'Guardian' mode again? :spiteful:

5 hours ago, MisaForever said:

Yes yes, I'll admit it's the term I heard more often growing up. 😛 YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT!

Of course  ;) but anytime you use the r word or make references, you gonna get teased. :p

7 hours ago, MisaForever said:

Yes yes, I'll admit it's the term I heard more often growing up. 😛 YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT!

Hahaha! No worries. We're all good. :lol: 

I, on the other hand, grew up with 'Gawokku'. ;) 

Alright. So I just happened upon a VF-0S today at my local Kpop/anime store (yeah I know, strange but it's a cool store). Anyways, I grabbed it and cancelled the order I had for one that was taking forever. LOL. Here are some pics I took, hopefully 100% transformed correctly.

IMG_20230308_195559.jpg

IMG_20230308_195655.jpg

IMG_20230308_201955.jpg

IMG_20230308_202109.jpg

IMG_20230308_210251.jpg

IMG_20230308_210305.jpg

IMG_20230308_210352.jpg