Hi-Metal R

joppewo

16 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Lol. Hi metal Orguss Valkyrie would be the shizzle! 
Or i could just drool over another @nightmareB4macross custom  :spiteful:

Only way to know is when the HMR Orguss is released. With the inconsistencies in scaling Bandai has on HMR I would not be able to make one until both are in hand.

😁

I cancelled on amazon and bought the Hi-Metal R VF-0S on ebay.  Anyway, short review. This thing is small.  I expected it to be a little bigger than a regular valkyrie but it is about the same size.  Anyway, amazon stuff ships in March I think.  It has been out in Japan for some time now.  I think I paid less this way.

On 1/17/2023 at 10:22 PM, rocketblast said:

I cancelled on amazon and bought the Hi-Metal R VF-0S on ebay.  Anyway, short review. This thing is small.  I expected it to be a little bigger than a regular valkyrie but it is about the same size.  Anyway, amazon stuff ships in March I think.  It has been out in Japan for some time now.  I think I paid less this way.

They're actually close to scale to one another.  The VF-1 in Battroid mode is 1/89 scale and the VF-0S in Battroid mode is 1/90 scale.

Boy.. you know, It's baffling.  Just got my VF-0S, and it's kind of incomprehensible how Bandai can't ever seem to manage a solid arm/leg/backpack alignment of a VF-1 style transformation, even after they borrow the entire mold from someone else.  And yes, this is absolutely a scaled down Arcadia, which brings its own share of dumb issues with it.

Overall.. it's decent, it looks good, and I like the fact that they added in all of the tampo that Arcadia couldn't be arsed to print on their bigger version. :rolleyes: 

But overall it feels kind of like the worst of both worlds.  Since they couldn't be bothered to re-engineer the legs to use the replacement gear doors Bandai usually includes, now you get microscopic versions of the functional Arcadia ones, which can't be opened without a needle, and all of that fun, plus Bandai's stupid obsession with silver gear, which is even less valid when it's abundantly clear that everything in Zero had white gear.  Plus you get Arcadia's standard patented "death grip" stand mount which wraps around the entire underside of the thing.  And no, they didn't buy the CAD with the fixed gunpod mount, so it still blocks the tailhook.

I don't regret getting one, just because it's a nice desktop-sized VF-0, but good grief, how do they keep coming up with ways to make things worse than they should be?

Edited by Chronocidal

3 minutes ago, Bolt said:

The artwork on the box is cool..🤓

Hah, no argument there. :lol: 

I don't want to get overly ranty about it, it really is a nice little midget VF-0.  I do have to laugh at the idea that I almost wish all of Bandai's valks just had removable gear.  It would make them so much easier to repaint. ^_^ 

10 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Boy.. you know, It's baffling.  Just got my VF-0S, and it's kind of incomprehensible how Bandai can't ever seem to manage a solid arm/leg/backpack alignment of a VF-1 style transformation, even after they borrow the entire mold from someone else.  And yes, this is absolutely a scaled down Arcadia, which brings its own share of dumb issues with it.

Overall.. it's decent, it looks good, and I like the fact that they added in all of the tampo that Arcadia couldn't be arsed to print on their bigger version. :rolleyes: 

But overall it feels kind of like the worst of both worlds.  Since they couldn't be bothered to re-engineer the legs to use the replacement gear doors Bandai usually includes, now you get microscopic versions of the functional Arcadia ones, which can't be opened without a needle, and all of that fun, plus Bandai's stupid obsession with silver gear, which is even less valid when it's abundantly clear that everything in Zero had white gear.  Plus you get Arcadia's standard patented "death grip" stand mount which wraps around the entire underside of the thing.  And no, they didn't buy the CAD with the fixed gunpod mount, so it still blocks the tailhook.

I don't regret getting one, just because it's a nice desktop-sized VF-0, but good grief, how do they keep coming up with ways to make things worse than they should be?

It does have a better hip extension mechanism though.  The shoulder transformation is like the VF-1's as well which seems to nearly absolutely not work when compared to the VF-1.  Also, the plastic/white is cheap and details are all soft.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Still hoping we get these some day....

Would BW have the cajones to release as a MacF-tied WWM release?

1644837.jpeg

Well, I think that they have plenty of opportunity to play with, as we see the VF-1 show up in Macross 7, Macross Plus, Macross Frontier, and of course with these designs/colors of the VF-1EX for Macross Delta.

Twich

4 minutes ago, twich said:

Well, I think that they have plenty of opportunity to play with, as we see the VF-1 show up in Macross 7, Macross Plus, Macross Frontier, and of course with these designs/colors of the VF-1EX for Macross Delta.

Twich

I guess it all depends on what kind of unholy deal HG/BW signed onto...if it specifically states that the use of the "VF-1" in any form requires a HG license, then I guess there is nothing BW can do in terms of allowing such releases outside of Japan....

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-wo