Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Holy crapballs. The SDFM and DYRL parts of the HMR line were dormant for so long, I gave up on them. The upcoming VF-1S release restored some hope, but this is really nice to see. I truly hope they release all of these and aren't just trolling us with one-off prototypes for the millionth time.

That really high-pitched squealing sound you heard a little while ago? Yeah, that was me when I saw the photo of the Hi-Metal Fire Valkyrie. The Kai will always, always have a very special place in my heart.

So when does the betting start on which ones of these don't wind up as vaporware?  :p 

As much as I want.. well, pretty much all of what they're showing there, I'm most interested in the Fire Valk, just because I am insanely curious about the overall proportions and transformation, as well as the future potential for more YF/VF-19 molds. 

That one looks much more like a shrunken Yamato than the old HM Fire Valk, which.. I actually have mixed feelings about.  There's a lot to like about the idea, but one thing I think the old HM bested the Yamato on was the proportions of the nose section (not the shape), and where the hip panels started.  The Yamato's nose doesn't look long enough, because the angle of the hip panels is too shallow, and they intersect the cockpit ahead of the canards... actually, lots easier to explain this with a pic. :lol: 1206925183_ss(2022-11-17at06_06.29).jpg.aeb4e736a4137b8b2d2f1f0b9d4367bc.jpg

It comes down to the hip design really, and it looks like this HMR version is adopting the Yamato style of hip joint, separating the triangular flap on this new one.  I'd love if they can find something in between the two that doesn't make the nose look quite so stubby.

On another note.. I just realized they now have a custom stand for Hikaru's VF-1J as well.. wonder if we're going to have to order a brand new 1J release to get that. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal

Holy. I'm definitely in for Kaki, Max and that GBP revival.

I still have to pick up my VF 0S from the post office to inspect it. Since this will be my very first Hi Metal toy I want to see if the line fills me I don't really like small scale figures. But as my collection is growing it could be nice to add small missing figures from other lines like that VF-0D and the Max's and Kakizaki's VF-1

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

So excited for all those Destroid, Qrau and Scout Regult. Wallet is ready.

but there is also something that caught my eye and have to share.

Orguss!!

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/1741262/

image.jpeg.a7a4ccaf6c9b9d09cddf7c0b18c37a77.jpeg

Awesome!

:hail:

7 hours ago, MKT said:

More HMR stuff..

Start saving guys.. coming in err, 2030! :p

DSC_7958_d7w1YqV0a_9ZPDSDJG_dLyGOwSKqjKyJ.jpg.de95b8281fbcdf4c41980711d20bd89a.jpg

I just hope Bandai actually release these unreleased ones in the next two years instead of the tired forever-teasers-wait with their HM-R Purple Tomahawk...

:5:

Edited by treatment

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So when does the betting start on which ones of these don't wind up as vaporware?  :p 

As much as I want.. well, pretty much all of what they're showing there, I'm most interested in the Fire Valk, just because I am insanely curious about the overall proportions and transformation, as well as the future potential for more YF/VF-19 molds. 

That one looks much more like a shrunken Yamato than the old HM Fire Valk, which.. I actually have mixed feelings about.  There's a lot to like about the idea, but one thing I think the old HM bested the Yamato on was the proportions of the nose section (not the shape), and where the hip panels started.  The Yamato's nose doesn't look long enough, because the angle of the hip panels is too shallow, and they intersect the cockpit ahead of the canards... actually, lots easier to explain this with a pic. :lol: 1206925183_ss(2022-11-17at06_06.29).jpg.aeb4e736a4137b8b2d2f1f0b9d4367bc.jpg

It comes down to the hip design really, and it looks like this HMR version is adopting the Yamato style of hip joint, separating the triangular flap on this new one.  I'd love if they can find something in between the two that doesn't make the nose look quite so stubby.

On another note.. I just realized they now have a custom stand for Hikaru's VF-1J as well.. wonder if we're going to have to order a brand new 1J release to get that. :rolleyes: 

I agree new HMR VF-19 looks like a shrunken Yamato/Arcadia proportions wise, especially in battroid mode. This seem to be a trend for the Macross HMRs, and I wonder if it is a testament to how good the Yamato molds are?

Also agree that old HM fighter mode look better than the Yamato one. But I never compared closely to know the exact reason, & you’ve just explained it quite clearly. :good:

WOW! So cool to see all the new possibilities, even if it may take Bandai years to release them all. I'm in the midst of a SDFM rewatch this month, so the timing of this display is perfect. Tomahawk color looks great. I'd also rather the Q-rau be the TV version, especially with all the other TV versions shown here, but still nice to see it shown either way.

I can't tell from the photo what's different about the GBP revival, aside from TV hands. The color looks lighter, but it could just be the lighting.

Shouldn't be a surprise, because it's identical to their 1/60 announcement.. which is also a dead ringer for the Yamato. :p 

... In fact, I didn't even realize how much it's almost identical.  They're using the exact same folding panels under the nose, and the exact same fugly black extensions in the knees in fighter mode.  Sheesh.

Like.. I'm not going to lie, I'm actually disappointed that this isn't a refined version of their old HM release, or a rework of their YF-19.  Both of those designs had some serious potential for improvements over the old Yamato, and they've applied none of that here.

Edited by Chronocidal

This onslaught of HMR Macross reminds me of the shock and awe they delivered during the Tamashii 2015 event...several of these were teased then too....

Still...I have nothing better to do than continue to cling to a fool's hope that these will be released at some point...at least this time they brought out a super-sized SDF-1 TV and left the 1\1800 DYRL SDF-1 at the Bandai R&D Lab....lol

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai teases lots of things that never see the light of day. Let's see what Bandai actually releases. 

I'm more than a little annoyed that Bandai might release an HMR Hayao 1A TV before we get one in the DX line. If we get one in the DX line....

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

I'm more than a little annoyed that Bandai might release an HMR Hayao 1A TV before we get one in the DX line. If we get one in the DX line....

They will release a DX one at some point, but trust me, I've been waiting for the HMR Hayao 1A TV before the DX line even existed.