Hi-Metal R

joppewo

7 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

What was wrong with those?

The color? I guess it depends on who you ask or what animation cell you’re using as your reference. As @Lolicon pointed out when the forum had the exact same debate in noel’s Arcadia Max 1J thread, “The parts change color quite a lot in the TV series.”

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The arm armor packs are DYRL type....

Bingo. It’s nice to see that we could be getting the correct style arm packs with the TV VF-1S. Then again, it’s also a little frustrating since the new HMR mook shows Bandai was already planning to make them.

Why didn’t they just give us red and blue TV arm packs for the M&M 1J releases? It’s an unsolved mystery. :ph34r:

Edited by technoblue

19 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

^ Apologies if this has been discussed before, why is the Tomahawk purple and not mustard yellow?

I think it is just a blue cast from the photo on the light brown color like the original Yamato(and soon to be Arcadia)  1/60 Tomahawk release. Like if you took a picture of this and your phone camera added a little blue to the mix:

Super Dimension Fortress Macross MBR-04-MK.VI Destroid Tomahawk 1/60 Scale Figure Gallery Image 1

And youb get this:

image.png.485c28b2cec33f738505f7ca51178554.png

I think they will actually make it purple, to shake up the "old fashioned" color scheme. 

Then they will try to sell them again in the future with the brownish colors😄

5 hours ago, arbit said:

I think they will actually make it purple, to shake up the "old fashioned" color scheme. 

Then they will try to sell them again in the future with the brownish colors😄

Tomahawk Walkure edition! Comes in red, purple, yellow, green, and pink! :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, vladykins said:

I think it is just a blue cast from the photo on the light brown color like the original Yamato(and soon to be Arcadia)  1/60 Tomahawk release. Like if you took a picture of this and your phone camera added a little blue to the mix:

^ I sincerely hope you're right! Thanks for the reasonable explanation. :)

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Tomahawk Walkure edition! Comes in red, purple, yellow, green, and pink! :rolleyes:

^ LOL - please no! And I like Delta.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I don’t know about those colors, but I wouldn’t mind it if Bandai released alternate color HMR Destroids. Maybe navy blue, khaki, and olive drab?

On 7/7/2022 at 6:40 AM, vladykins said:

Super Dimension Fortress Macross MBR-04-MK.VI Destroid Tomahawk 1/60 Scale Figure Gallery Image 1

And youb get this:

image.png.485c28b2cec33f738505f7ca51178554.png

Color resembles the old Arii box.image.jpeg.b7f7c21e27f31ca5d2e94a19de124522.jpeg

On 7/6/2022 at 11:09 AM, BKPMacross said:

Should we be hopeful that the tomahawk is listed in the coming soon section of the new Hi Metal R book?  Or just another tease?

20220705_224241.jpg

Opps i should watch the whole video in future, i guess the price and date was for something else.

Edited by Guyffon

On 7/11/2022 at 9:15 AM, derex3592 said:

You know......I'm to the point of I reeeeaaallly don't care if the last two Destroids are pink with purple polkadots...JUST FREAKIN MAKE THEM BANDAI!!! :crazy:

I had a friend who custom made a pink and purple plaid mech in Armored Core years ago- he called it the Ass Baby.

9 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

That scheme is very nice and befitting that destroid.  IIRC, didn’t you customize a full set of Destroids?

That was the only custom I actually made but it looked great with the rest of the squad. B))

post-6180-0-50872600-1332700711.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

41 minutes ago, fifbeat said:

Which SDF/Macross is that? (in the middle)? That looks sweet!

Thank you. I'm 99.9% sure that is an Imai 1/5000 scale model kit, the Arms & hips are modified so they can actually be posed vs. the super stiff look it has out of the box. B))