Hi-Metal R

joppewo

21 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

IMG_20220702_160511.jpg.0e97e4b33ebfb991a0e40f34d0d2a88f.jpg For a $160.00 this 0S better get some stellar reviews. As a big Mac Zero fan I want this but that's pricey for an HMR. At least the VF-2SS included everything (minus a stand) for way less. 

Still hopeful this VF-0S is in right scale with the rest of Macross HMRs, and this pic of it relative to the tamashii stands does make it appear so..

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Still hopeful this VF-0S is in right scale with the rest of Macross HMRs, and this pic of it relative to the tamashii stands does make it appear so..

Would be nice if Bandai put one of these next to a VF-1A for scale so we have a clear answer to this question. We all know the Phoenix is way bigger than a Valkyrie, hopefully Bandai double checked that too. 

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Would be nice if Bandai put one of these next to a VF-1A for scale so we have a clear answer to this question. We all know the Phoenix is way bigger than a Valkyrie, hopefully Bandai double checked that too. 

They didn't bother to double check that the tailfin numbers on the early DX VF-1 releases were correct, and then tried to pass off the mistake as "intentionally maintaining symmetry," so I don't have my hopes up....

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Closest I could make it.

16903159_VF0comparetoVF1.jpg.05f87cd68816b3c61f39287dd7599cdd.jpg

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

Thanks. He seems to live close by. I don't like most of his work, but if the booster works well with HMR I may contact him.

No problem.  Since you live close by the shipping won't be much.  It's also cheaper to buy the Booster without the VF-1 that attaches to it.

47 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Closest I could make it.

16903159_VF0comparetoVF1.jpg.05f87cd68816b3c61f39287dd7599cdd.jpg

Cool.  I made one too.  Looks like in both cases the VF-0S is bigger and taller.

8FEF317D-8736-4F74-83B9-585409BF2B5C.jpeg.111f364777db05d56243b3e11519bcd8.jpeg

21 hours ago, sh9000 said:

C4FBA7B9-6C70-4968-B106-7525B381A250.jpeg.a9984ae92abf66e0b97039b13422a2cc.jpeg

The custom Atmospheric Booster can fit the HMR VF-1 nicely.

It's not easy to pull of that design using PLA filament printing, so hats off to the creator. :hi:

(It would look even better if it were printed in resin instead, but it would be a bit heavier, would require painting, and not everyone is set up to handle resin printing)

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

It's not easy to pull of that design using PLA filament printing, so hats off to the creator. :hi:

(It would look even better if it were printed in resin instead, but it would be a bit heavier, would require painting, and not everyone is set up to handle resin printing)

Agreed.  The guy also does resin prints but it's like twice the cost.

I took it one step further. By using the overlay technique, I "forced warped" the image on top of the other (force warping just the stand, since this was the part that I can get close i.e. same shape).

It's def gonna be a tad off, but I think the "layered" image on the left should give an even more accurate idea of what the size difference will be. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 2.08.37 PM.png

32 minutes ago, Shawn said:

In the new Himetal-R book there is a pic of them both

sorry off-axis, the reflections of that black background are playing havoc with my phone

image.png.b20c4fdf5e40553229b96af8c45a0b7d.png

Thanks for that pic.  I hope the TV VF-1S with Super Parts gets released soon.  Looks like there will be side covers for Battroid mode.

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

sorry off-axis, the reflections of that black background are playing havoc with my phone

From that shot, albeit at a certain focus view, the 0S seems to be at least just 1% to 2% chunkier at the legs and thighs compared to the 1S.

Other than the long head lasers, everything else seems equal between them, especially the height/

Making Lolicon's quote below rather moar true...

On 7/3/2022 at 7:53 PM, Lolicon said:

With Bandai, it's assymetry. 

20 minutes ago, BKPMacross said:

Should we be hopeful that the tomahawk is listed in the coming soon section of the new Hi Metal R book?  Or just another tease?

20220705_224241.jpg

I can’t read Japanese, but oddly there’s a 2021 date on the page. Maybe we all misssed it somehow.

I do hope it’s coming and will be easy to get a hold of. 
did they show  the phalanx?

4 minutes ago, Big s said:

I can’t read Japanese, but oddly there’s a 2021 date on the page. Maybe we all misssed it somehow.

I do hope it’s coming and will be easy to get a hold of. 
did they show  the phalanx?

There were no images of the phalanx.  😞

On 7/5/2022 at 5:11 AM, fifbeat said:

I took it one step further. By using the overlay technique, I "forced warped" the image on top of the other (force warping just the stand, since this was the part that I can get close i.e. same shape).

It's def gonna be a tad off, but I think the "layered" image on the left should give an even more accurate idea of what the size difference will be. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 2.08.37 PM.png

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

Looking at these latest pics, the VF-0 in battroid will not be much bigger than the VF-1. It's appears to sit somewhere between the VF-1 & the VF-2SS. Certainly still looks too small, especially if used to looking at Yamcadia's implementation of both VFs.

I have a sneaking suspicion, that Bandai arrived at this point from the size of their pilots. I'm glancing over to my HMR VF-1J Hikaru, and he's just tiny & sinking into his seat in the cockpit. Whereas in the Yamcadia VF-1s, the pilots look really cramped. Assuming Bandai keeping the size of pilots the same across the HMR range, and the HMR VF-0 were to be properly sized relative to the HMR VF-1 like the Yamcadias, then the HMR pilots will positively look like 6-year olds in the VF-0 cockpit.

So, did Bandai scale the size of VF-0 down to what we are seeing now just so the pilot won't look so lost in it?

We have seen this type of wonky scales before - the 1/48 Chogokin VF-1s.  Bandai probably carried over the relative size of the (undersized) pilot to VF-1 of the HMR line to the 1/48 Chogokin. And then when they made the Fan Racer, they had to size it around the undersized pilot, and we arrived at that weird point where the 1/48 Fan Racer is smaller than Yamato's 1/60 Fan Racer! :wacko:

9 hours ago, Big s said:

This is the Google translation of that:

COMING SOON

[Next item big expectation! Here, let's predict the possibility of "HI-METAL R" in the future and the future lineup based on the reference exhibits announced at Tamashii NATION. * The prototypes listed include those that are not planned to be commercialized. VF-OS has appeared as the first in the "Macross Zero" series of "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross". After this, variations of VF-O are expected to develop. From "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross", I would like to expect the development of Destroid, which was exhibited at "TAMASHII NATION ONLINE 2021". The VF-1S in the image seems to be a little different from the previous one ... I would like to expect further movements in line with the 40th anniversary of Macross.

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

This is the Google translation of that:

COMING SOON

[Next item big expectation! Here, let's predict the possibility of "HI-METAL R" in the future and the future lineup based on the reference exhibits announced at Tamashii NATION. * The prototypes listed include those that are not planned to be commercialized. VF-OS has appeared as the first in the "Macross Zero" series of "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross". After this, variations of VF-O are expected to develop. From "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross", I would like to expect the development of Destroid, which was exhibited at "TAMASHII NATION ONLINE 2021". The VF-1S in the image seems to be a little different from the previous one ... I would like to expect further movements in line with the 40th anniversary of Macross.

So, they don’t know either 

14 hours ago, BKPMacross said:

Should we be hopeful that the tomahawk is listed in the coming soon section of the new Hi Metal R book?  Or just another tease?

20220705_224241.jpg

^ Apologies if this has been discussed before, why is the Tomahawk purple and not mustard yellow?

1 hour ago, ValkAddict said:

^ Apologies if this has been discussed before, why is the Tomahawk purple and not mustard yellow?

Since it’s an old photo of an early painted prototype, I dunno. I mean I like to think Bandai was aiming for something grey—maybe a light blue grey or a gull wing grey. That said, with the fast packs on Max and Milia’s 1J in this line, the company is already known for taking some artistic license. 

With any luck, we’ll have a clearer picture once Bandai gives us an official announcement.

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

This might have been mentioned already, but for VF-0, I wonder if Bandai is going for true 1/100 scale, while the VF-1 is known to be 1/90-ish?

Nice to see the mention of the VF-1S with its improvements, as well as the Tomahawk. It would be even nicer if they would give us a preorder.

Since it may end up close to the size of the 1s it may be closer to 1/100